Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite that big red text saying "IMPORTANT..." which I read many times, I still didn't understand what it was trying to tell me. I'm sitting here thinking what is "the software"... the BBS software, or something else.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Groton is green, and my friend will be too.

I don't know if this qualifies but I believe Reading is now Red. In addition to 3 letters of reference the "packet" states;

"All first time applicants for LTC's, upon approval, will be restricted to Target and Hunting Only unless circumstances exist to issue for other reasons."

West Boylston is GREEN.....first time applying and I got an unrestricted class A. It took a little over 4 weeks total.

Anyone have any experience/recommendations for applying for an unrestricted license in Medway? Green or red? The police website sets forth a "procedure" which suggests it will be pretty tough. Thanks, and great site. Very helpful and informative.

Does anyone have experience getting a LTC in Hopkinton? How is the Chief? I may be staying in MA to buy a first home :(

The property taxes in NH are way too high.

I figured that much thanks Cross-X, I applied 3 weeks ago and am still waiting to be called in for my interview. I'll settle for a sporting restriction, I'm moving to NH in 6yrs anyhow as soon as my stepdaughter is done with the Newton public schools.

What's the most recent on Winchendon??? Anyone...anyone... :-S

probably still does there old "will not issue ALP to anyone who is newly applying, wont upgrade, but will renew ALP for anyone who moves TO Winchendon with ALP from another town"

Bastardos.
AFAIK that's still the policy, at least it was 18 months ago when my son applied for his FID, and this was well after the Chief Livingston had come to town. It is possible to get an ALP as there's at least 1 member here who I know has received one. I don't begrudge them their license, but getting one appears to require meeting some unstated set of requirements that include being a well-connected, long-time resident with military experience and training. Few folks are ever going to met that, so essentially it's no ALP.

Newton has a new police chief. Has anyone heard if this has had any impact on issuing LTCs? The new chief has been on the force for a long time, so my guess is that he will keep the culture the same.

I'm looking to move to Malden by this summer.....I currently have a class A unrestricted and I'm NRA and MA State Police certified as a pistol instructor. Any idea what Malden is like for renewing permits? I have another two years to go on mine.

I'm looking to move to Malden by this summer.....I currently have a class A unrestricted and I'm NRA and MA State Police certified as a pistol instructor. Any idea what Malden is like for renewing permits? I have another two years to go on mine.

Malden is green on the current list, however as you know police chiefs can change as quickly as underwear during an attack of diarrhea in Guatemala.
If you are an active NRA instructor than you are a business owner and transport handguns, rifles, and shotguns to and from classes. This would be listed among my reasons if I had to press the issue.

I don't know if they will renew early, but they are a green town at the very least. My friend in Boston has unrestricted A because he is a firearms instructor....

Newton has a new police chief. Has anyone heard if this has had any impact on issuing LTCs? The new chief has been on the force for a long time, so my guess is that he will keep the culture the same.

It will be 4 weeks for me on Tuesday and I spoke with the licensing officer today. He said they are waiting on some backround check stuff and then I'll be called in for an interview, I will keep you posted but I am expecting H&T or sporting.

You will have NO issues in Malden, they'll renew no problems. They'll issue ALP out of the gate as well as long as you're not a criminal or mental. If you have any questions about Malden, shoot me a PM, I can give you detailed info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom