Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend just got his license from Tewksbury, and they're definitely still green. App in 1/21, LTC-A , no restrictions recieved 2/26. License issued as a business owner, to circumvent the dog and pony show required by his hometown right next door.

My wife and I both got our LTC A- No Restrictions in Fitchburg on 2/27/09, First time apps. We applied 1/23/09. I would call it green, even with a new chief.

Hello I live in Westfield, MA and was wondering how hard it is to get a LTC-A. I believe Westfield is a "Green" city. If anyone is from Westfield and has recently applied and was granted a LTC-A I would love to hear from you. Look forward to any info that's available.

THANKS!!

Just got back from the PD. 23 days, a new record. LTC-A, ALP.

Woot!

I remember them talking me into getting my LTC-A, ALP. I was just asking about a FID on a few guns I brought with me from out of state.

Great people at the station and everyone was real nice and helpful!

NAHANT

Took me about 2 1/2 weeks to get my license form the time I went it for to sign the paperwork and get printed.

Last edited:
SPENCER

Spencer, Ma is still very green! Fill out the app, a couple days later I went in for prints/picture, and four weeks later found my unrestricted LTC-A in the mailbox.

They were very friendly, no hassles, no interviews, no hoops to jump through.

Danvers is Green .. No issues other than wanting to know what the real reason to carry was... Did not like the reason for all lawful purpose.... so I told them the truth. Protection ...no problem was issued a monthe later.

Thanks for posting your experience but, I'm still not convinced. Too many other people have had a hard time getting a non restricted LTC there. I am going to wait for more positive feedback before I change their status to green.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your experience but, I'm still not convinced. Too many other people have had a hard time getting a non restricted LTC there. I am going to wait for more positive feedback before I change their status to green.

Seems like Danvers has issues with first timers but once you have been around the block, they go green with no problem.

Concord - GREEN

LTC-A Unrestricted - 9 weeks[thinking]

All info entered online in front of me, but still took until now to get the license in the mail...

No letters, just 2 references (name/addr/phone). Asked well before applying about restrictions (and before reading a lot of the horror on this page) and was told they don't generally do that. I didn't realize until after the fact that I supposed to be worried[thinking]

The detective prompted me (with polite leading questions) for a listing of what I thought "All Lawful Purposes" meant to type into the on-line form.

- Defense of self and family
- Purchase and transport ammunition
- Hunting and Sport
- Work? (I said "no")

Rehoboth= GREEN

A buddy of mine got is today....6 weeks to the day Class A no restrictions

Agawam = Green

1st Time Applicant. Applied on 1/5/09. LTC-A No Restrictions issued 2/11/09. No problems, no issues. Staff in the Police Department was helpful, polite and courteous.

Is there a Class A Large Capacity with restrictions? Didn't see any on her license. None on mine either BTW to add.

Yes, class A can be unrestriced or have restrictions.
It would say it on the front of the license. All Lawful Purpose (unrestricted), or Target and Hunting, or Sporting, or Employment...I'm sure there are more.

Last edited:
Another green mark for Pittsfield; fiancee got her LTC-A Restrictions: none in the mail the other day. Her wait was shorter than mine (42 days IIRC) by a week or two.

Newton's new police chief?

Does anyone know if Newton may move ...more green... under the new police chief, has he been thee long enough to tell?

This whole system is a GD joke.

My friend applied for the first time in Malden about a year ago - LTC-A, No restrictions

Last month another friend applied FIRST TIME in Cambridge - 3 weeks later he comes home with a LTC-A NO RESTRICTIONS.

I have had my LTC-A WITH restrictions for 3 years now...living in Medford, I can't get ALP it seems. Anyone have any luck in medford and care to lend me a hint?

Last edited:
This whole system is a GD joke.

My friend applied for the first time in Malden about a year ago - LTC-A, No restrictions

Last month another friend applied FIRST TIME in Cambridge - 3 weeks later he comes home with a LTC-A NO RESTRICTIONS.

I have had my LTC-A WITH restrictions for 3 years now...living in Medford, I can't get ALP it seems. Anyone have any luck in medford and care to lend me a hint?

how did your friend get no restrictions in Cambridge? handle large sums of money?

They dont just give those out there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom