Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boylston looks green right now...

Hi All, New to the board. Grew up in OH, and am still trying to adjust to the absurd laws here in MA.

Wife and I took the safety course at the WPRC in town, and just got back from the Boylston PD. Application was submitted as Class A, ALP. No hassles or issues, and the Sargent is a really reasonable guy. I don't think once submitted, that any changes will occur, but I will follow up in March when I have the License in hand.

Ironic that Boylston abuts Worcester to the west, land of rare ALP issues... but it seems all the surrounding towns seems to compensate for the scarcity of ALP LTCs in Worcester.

GLOUCESTER -GREEN
ROCKPORT RED
(renewals require face to face w/written letter to chief stateing reason for ALP)
New apps . can be issued restricted/classB chiefs discretion
(small town politics)

My second post in this thread..

Fiancee interviewed with Chief Wynn here in Pittsfield and was promised an LTC-A No Restrictions. This is in addition to mine - so two marks for Pittsfield being green.

My second post in this thread..

Fiancee interviewed with Chief Wynn here in Pittsfield and was promised an LTC-A No Restrictions. This is in addition to mine - so two marks for Pittsfield being green.

And the old Pttsfield chief is now in Falmouth IIRC, which doesn't represent much of a change for Falmouth.

No problem at all in Orange. There were no extra forms, no Dr. note. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but I'm very impatient and don't recall being annoyed, so it couldn't have been much more than a month. Unrestricted Class A

Why is Natick in the red? Has anyone had troubles in Natick? I had no problems at all myself. Have not heard of any hassles on Natick with Class A. My GF is going to be applying shortly. I sure hope she does not have any problems there.

Why is Natick in the red? Has anyone had troubles in Natick? I had no problems at all myself. Have not heard of any hassles on Natick with Class A. My GF is going to be applying shortly. I sure hope she does not have any problems there.

Natick, from stories here, sometimes issues ALP, sometimes does not. It really seems to depend on the mood of the Chief. (Red towns still issue LTC-A, they just tend to be restricted, or at the very least, dont igve out ALP with any regularity)

Natick, from stories here, sometimes issues ALP, sometimes does not. It really seems to depend on the mood of the Chief. (Red towns still issue LTC-A, they just tend to be restricted, or at the very least, dont igve out ALP with any regularity)

Hmm, first I have heard of any issues in Natick. Thanx.

Wondering if New Acting COP in Holbrook will affect LTC-A

Just received my LTC-A (no restrictions) in Holbrook, MA.

First time applicant; turnaround time was lengthy at 3 months, but I guess I cannot complain!
Hi guys. I'm new here and would like to apply in Holbrook for my LTC A and was pleased to read of Glide's experience in Holbrook as a green town. However, I just read the PD website and it reads that "Chief Jonathan Cordaro will be out on extended injury leave.
As a result, William D Marble Jr has been appointed Acting Police Chief." I wonder if anyone had any insight about the change or if policies usually remain in a situation with an acting chief like this. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm new here and would like to apply in Holbrook for my LTC A and was pleased to read of Glide's experience in Holbrook as a green town. However, I just read the PD website and it reads that "Chief Jonathan Cordaro will be out on extended injury leave.
As a result, William D Marble Jr has been appointed Acting Police Chief." I wonder if anyone had any insight about the change or if policies usually remain in a situation with an acting chief like this. Any thoughts?

Your best bet IMHO is to go ask the new chief. I wouldn't think much would change, it is better to ask them. Can't hurt.

Hmm, first I have heard of any issues in Natick. Thanx.

I went this past summer and got ALP in the mail 13 days later. After talking to a few people at surrounding clubs not everyone walked out with an ALP during the same time frame.

So it may be a hit or miss situation.

Overall it was a good experience with the LEO throughout the application process.

Lunenburg green. Unrestricted LTC-A. Only hoops to jump through were 3 letters of reference. The Lt. who handles licensing is a great guy, very supportive of citizens' rights.

Got my LTC-A in Millis without any real difficulties in September of '07. They were friendly and had no problem issuing me an unrestricted license.

+ 1. I applied for an LTC - A without a problem. Everyone in my family has had equally favorable experiences. Millis is solidly Green.

Just a note, you might run into a problem getting a Class B here. I don't have any experience with it, but I heard from an instructor at a local shooting range that due to confusion about carry restrictions arising from Class B licenses some Issuing Authorities, including Millis, prefer to just issue Class A. But even if that's true, this is a "good problem" at worst.

+ 1. I applied for an LTC - A without a problem. Everyone in my family has had equally favorable experiences. Millis is solidly Green.

Just a note, you might run into a problem getting a Class B here. I don't have any experience with it, but I heard from an instructor at a local shooting range that due to confusion about carry restrictions arising from Class B licenses some Issuing Authorities, including Millis, prefer to just issue Class A. But even if that's true, this is a "good problem" at worst.

Sounds more like a solution to me. [wink]

no one should be asking for an LTC-B IMHO, so kudos to Millis [wink]

Woburn may be black.

One of my students (28 year old, clean record) just informed me of the following:

- Chief will only grant Class A, restricted to hunting/target practice. Only law enforcement and business owners are eligible for the unrestricted.

- In addition, one must complete a 20-question "quiz,".

The quiz concept is new to me.

Woburn still issues LTC-A's , though they are restricted so they will remain red. If they do away with the LTC-A all together they will be moved to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom