Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, I read somewhere on here that "sporting" is less restrictive than target, so it's actually better than mine which will say hunting and target.

Actually it is up to your licensing officer/COP to determine what a restriction means, so that case may not always be true.

Actually it is up to your licensing officer/COP to determine what a restriction means, so that case may not always be true.

As I said, IIRC. There was a thread about how "sporting" is very open to interpretation, and what it means to one person or licensing authority it may not mean to another person or licensing officer.

just got my no restrictions class A in leominster. turnaround was two days shy of a month, theresa was great to work with and it was a good experience overall.

Just got my B in Rowley this week.

The officer said they only issues B's for first time applicants... but I could upgrade to an A come renewal time. Other locals have said A's usually aren't an issue.

Just got my B in Rowley this week.

The officer said they only issues B's for first time applicants... but I could upgrade to an A come renewal time. Other locals have said A's usually aren't an issue.

that is ridiculous. Class - A restricted is one thing, but not issuing them at all is ridiculous

Anybody know anything about Walpole? I just don't have the time to read 115 pages. I had a LTC-A for Hunting&Target Practice issued from Norwood (they said they generally won't issue ALP). It expired in 2006 after I moved to Walpole. I deployed at the end of 2005 and tried getting a hold of the Deputy Chief to renew early, but he was on vacation so I screwed myself in letting it expire. Now I gotta go through the process all over again...

Anybody know anything about Walpole? I just don't have the time to read 115 pages. I had a LTC-A for Hunting&Target Practice issued from Norwood (they said they generally won't issue ALP). It expired in 2006 after I moved to Walpole. I deployed at the end of 2005 and tried getting a hold of the Deputy Chief to renew early, but he was on vacation so I screwed myself in letting it expire. Now I gotta go through the process all over again...

The map on pg.1 of this thread says Walpole is RED. Maybe someone from Walpole can expand on this.

Nevermind, I figured out the search thread thing (wasn't that difficult) and looked at posts about Walpole... I'm pretty much f'ed I think. Maybe it will help that I have been talking to the Deputy Chief (also licensing authority) about getting on in that department. We'll see...

Nevermind, I figured out the search thread thing (wasn't that difficult) and looked at posts about Walpole... I'm pretty much f'ed I think. Maybe it will help that I have been talking to the Deputy Chief (also licensing authority) about getting on in that department. We'll see...

Walpole want letters of rec, a personal letter of need and tries to thwart applicants away. Oh, they also won't issue unrestricted unless you perform favors. They suck.

+1 Rep point inbound fore using the search button.

Oh, they also won't issue unrestricted unless you perform favors. They suck.

Where does it show that one must do favors for the town or chief to get an ALP.... Just curious I didn't see it

Last edited:
Uxbridge is a solid GREEN.
Dropped off App on 8 Dec.
Prints and photo done on the 15th.
Class A ALP issued on Jan 5th. Picked up on the 9th.
About 4 weeks even with the holidays.
Pretty quick all things considered.
Needless to say, I don't miss Lowell.

Anyone have recent knowledge of how Sandwhich is now? There is a vauge mention of it being green a while ago, Im just looking for a more recent idea.

New Bedford still RED for first time applicants. He told me it is the Chiefs policy to issue restrictions to everyone except Police officers for the first time. Renewal time will bring ALP.

New Bedford still RED for first time applicants. He told me it is the Chiefs policy to issue restrictions to everyone except Police officers for the first time. Renewal time will bring ALP.

Is the chief of police's last name start with "d" and end with "ouchebag"?

There is no guarantee that you will get ALP on your renewal either. When I applied for my license back in Oct. I was basically told without a good "specific" reason, meaning what they thought was a good reason, they will not issue an ALP license.

By the way those guys are douche bags.

douchebag sounds about right. Of course nothing is a guarantee but the way he stated it he said I would definitely get it at renewal time. But then again he said I could store it in my center console or glovebox as a locked container when transporting.

douchebag sounds about right. Of course nothing is a guarantee but the way he stated it he said I would definitely get it at renewal time. But then again he said I could store it in my center console or glovebox as a locked container when transporting.

glad to know he understands the laws [rolleyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom