Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up my LTC-A, ALP in Grafton. Process took just over a month, but that included the Thanksgiving weekend. No flaming hoops to jump through, just needed the application. Town's still green after all these years.

My LTC-A came through after 11 weeks in Norwell. That was after waiting 5 weeks for the interview. Staff was pleasent enough, but minimal manpower has been allocated to processing these requests. If you are going for you LTC-A, call for an appointment first, then take your NRA course, do the interview/fingerprinting/, then start calling after 4 weeks to see if they have processed it yet.

Norwell is Green, but slow.

My LTC-A came through after 11 weeks in Norwell. That was after waiting 5 weeks for the interview. Staff was pleasent enough, but minimal manpower has been allocated to processing these requests. If you are going for you LTC-A, call for an appointment first, then take your NRA course, do the interview/fingerprinting/, then start calling after 4 weeks to see if they have processed it yet.

Norwell is Green, but slow.

did you get "restrictions: none"? want clarification on the "green" comment.

Revere is DEFINITELY red

When I went and applied this morning I was told they will not *EVER* issue a ALP on 1st issue. It is a revere city policy.

I also was told that since I was getting a range/hunting restriction, I could carry to/from these events....I wonder what darius has to say.

Revere is DEFINITELY red

When I went and applied this morning I was told they will not *EVER* issue a ALP on 1st issue. It is a revere city policy.

I also was told that since I was getting a range/hunting restriction, I could carry to/from these events....I wonder what darius has to say.
On the first post of this thread its Green

did Revere get a new CLEO recently ?

Tewksbury is still GREEN.
Took little over 9 weeks. I had to reprint at 7 weeks. The interview was pleasant and painless. Got LTC A, Restrictions-NONE. I'm a happy guy.

John

Revere is DEFINITELY red

On the first post of this thread its Green

did Revere get a new CLEO recently ?
It appears that the first post is wrong. I found 3 previous posts regarding Revere; one indicating definite "red", one "appears" to be "yellow" but lacks the end of the story, and the oldest one "green" but with no supporting data or description:
Revere appears to be straight-forward based upon the website.

HOWEVER, I know someone applying there and they and their spouse were told to provide the wholly-unauthorized letters.

I believe there were some restrictions, a la Worcester and Brookline's BS, about none from family members, etc.
I just my ltc class A in revere back in january i put down alp but they still put restrictions on it.I know alot of people that have restrictions on their ltc with no reson for it including my self so Revere should be in red not green.What is the best way to try get those restrictions of?If anybody can help i really would be thankful for help.Thanks
Revere is a green city

I agree with Newburyport being green. Applied November 10th and received Class A restrictions none December 4th. Courteous, polite and helpful are the officers in town

Revere is DEFINITELY red

This policy is begging to be brought to the local district court judge's attention via a petition for judicial review as this departmental policy is completely arbitrary and capricious, and without a rational basis.

This policy is begging to be brought to the local district court judge's attention via a petition for judicial review as this departmental policy is completely arbitrary and capricious, and without a rational basis.

Darius,
I should correct myself in that they said that if I was a business owner or some sort of security guard/mall ninja type, I might get a different restriction(personal protection?)

I received my LTC A from Taunton this past week. No restrictions. Though Taunton is known to be green I thought I would include a little rundown of what happened:

Taunton only asked for the required app and the $100 fee, nothing else.

When I arrived for my appointment the detective apologized to me for having to wait so long to schedule the appointment. I waited 7 business days which includes a day or two for my check to clear. He told me that the wait was due to the usual guy being out and he needed a few days to get trained.

The appointment involved no questions about why I wanted the license or wanting references or any other BS that other cities and towns seem to throw around. All he asked for was ID to make sure it matched the name on the application.

A quick timeline:

10/23 - dropped off my application and check

11/3 - made my appointment for fingerprinting. Was told it would take 15 minutes

11/7 - Total time it took for the appointment: 8 minutes. This includes having trouble with the fingerprint scanner, a series of terrible pictures with a semi-broken web cam, and joking around with the Dectective.

I was told I would get my license in the mail in 6-8 weeks.

12/4 - License issued

12/10 - Received my license in the mail along with my pin #, etc.

Note: I have no record or anything else to be concerned about. Perhaps someone with a record might have a different experience. As you can see, I have absolutely no complaints about the Taunton PD.

My buddy was telling me about his girlfriend and her mother going for LTC Class B so they can carry pepper spray and the licensing agent in Marion talked them into their Class A ALP. Deff green for that town. If only New Bedford was also!!!

My buddy was telling me about his girlfriend and her mother going for LTC Class B so they can carry pepper spray and the licensing agent in Marion talked them into their Class A ALP. Deff green for that town. If only New Bedford was also!!!

I am always happy to hear that Licensing Officers once in a while have such glimmers of hope in them! I think everyone should apply for their LTC-A regardless of what they want a permit for. Solves so many issues in so many ways. Unfortunately, most police chiefs dont see it that way and get final say on what you can and cant have [angry]

I just received this anonymous message.
Hello,

anonymous said:
When you have a chance if you wanted to update Royalston to Green on the LTC A page, I am actually an Officer in that town :)

Winchendon is still red and the Sgt. isn't going to change.

Thanks.

Does anyone know about Groveland? I submitted an application in November, with a course from 94. Two weeks later I received a phone call letting me know that the 94 course was no good. I have since taken another course, and it has been another two weeks. The officer was very nice, and did give me the name of someone to take a new course from. I am a business owner, but have never been smart enough to get my ltc until now. Pretty amazing what we have to go through for something we have a constitutional right to do.[crying]

MA law requires an approved course from a state certified instructor. There were no state certified instructors prior to October 21, 1998 therefore it would be hard for a 1994 course to meet the statutory requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom