Got Em!

Well, I broke up my shopping spree into 2 trips. Today I picked up 2 handguns. I'm going somewhere else to pick up a shotgun and rifle.

Got a 1911 and M&P .40

I'll get some pic's up soon.

I was thinking Mossberg 500. I'm always up for advise though. Here's the S&W 1911 .45

photo.jpg

That's what I bought and love it (got my LTC in May). If I may suggest, get the combo deal with the Home defense barrel if you can find it. I got the 28" and the rifled scoped barrel combo. Since I don;t hunt I don;t know what I'm gonna do with the rifled barrel. Had to spend $80 for the home defense barrel 18.5"'s

Next purchase suggestion. While they're still relatively cheap get a Mosin Nagant. Tough on the shoulder but FUN to fire. OR a .22 rifle/pistol. Cheapest way to practice.

And I am jealous. That 1911 is beautiful. I think it's going on my wish list.

Congrats and I feel sorry for your wallet. But it IS so worth it after all the rings they put you through to get it.

I gotta admit, it's a little intimidating being in a store full of people, and not really knowing what you're talking about...lol

Don't be intimidated, ask questions. You'll find that most gun owners LOVE to talk guns. The tricky part is figuring out who knows their **** and who is just full of ****. [smile]
You can be in a store full of complete strangers and usually find at least one good natured soul willing to offer some advice.

I know...but when it's 30 minutes to closing time and there's 9-10 other customers there...if it was slower, I would have definitely hung around and shot the $hit (no pun intended)..but they seemed pretty overwhelmed..

I know...but when it's 30 minutes to closing time and there's 9-10 other customers there...if it was slower, I would have definitely hung around and shot the $hit (no pun intended)..but they seemed pretty overwhelmed..

I know what you mean. I made the hour drive up to Four Seasons to buy a WASR-10 I had called ahead for one night and there was a young guy asking the clerk a million questions, which the clerk graciously answered. He didn't have an LTC and was just trying to figure out where to start. It was getting close to closing time and I didn't want to have to come back or find out the gun was sold so I asked the guy if he minded if I made a purchase. I told him we could talk guns while my info got processed and he was more than happy to talk to the two of us while my transaction took place. He got to see what was actually involved in a firearm purchase and he was surprised how involved it was.

Last edited:

They weren't overwhelmed, probably just a little tired after a long day. However I am certain the employee who helped you took great care of you. [smile]

Boston Shooter, nice choice!
I have the same pistol, and I love it! Get a good IWB and belt and you'll be good to go!
I'm a skinny guy and I carry it all day, every day!
Congradulations on a fine purchase!

Congratulations of your new toys, they are both excelent choices.The Mossberg 500 field/slug combo is an excelent choice and extreamly hard to beat at ~$250 new

Maybe I was the one who was overwhelmed [smile]

So many guns, not enough time. Yeah the guy who helped me was very helpful. I'm pretty easy to deal with though..I don't ask a lot of questions..I usually do my research before I go, and after I make a purchase. Although, if it was a little slower, I'm sure I would have probably lingered there a while longer.

Well, I broke up my shopping spree into 2 trips. Today I picked up 2 handguns. I'm going somewhere else to pick up a shotgun and rifle.

Got a 1911 and M&P .40

I'll get some pic's up soon.

you rock.

if i came home with all those toys, they would be accompanied by divorce papers shortly there after [crying]

no divorce here boys (I've only been married 14 days!) lol

It was actually pretty simple...I've been making my wife read all the horrible news stories about home invasions, and such...after I scared the crap out of her I said " THAT'S IT!!! I'M GOING TO GET SOME GUNS!!!!! I REFUSE TO BA A VICTIM!!!"

Yeah, she's on board......plus taking her shopping the day before didn't hurt either [wink]

no divorce here boys (I've only been married 14 days!) lol

It was actually pretty simple...I've been making my wife read all the horrible news stories about home invasions, and such...after I scared the crap out of her I said " THAT'S IT!!! I'M GOING TO GET SOME GUNS!!!!! I REFUSE TO BA A VICTIM!!!"

Yeah, she's on board......plus taking her shopping the day before didn't hurt either [wink]

[cheers] well played sir

Congrats Boston, I have the exact same 1911 and love it, one hell of a shooter.

Also, welcome to NES. Now that you're a gunny you should join GOAL! [laugh2]

See my sig line to proceed [smile]

I'd like to buy a couple new guns. Only problem is every time I buy a new gun my wife wants a new gun. So when I see a nice gun i think to myself is it worth paying pretty much double the price to buy it [crying]

On a good note I even mention the word Gun range and she is grabing boxes of bullets

Back
Top Bottom