Good guy with a gun in Worcester loses LTC

I think the main concern (in this thread) is that if they took his LTC even temporarily, he will need to empty out his house if no other family member has an LTC.
Well, that and his own safety (and the safety of his family) as I am sure the perp has friends, family and/or fellow gang members who may not be too pleased that the clerk put him out of the assault & robbery business for a while. [thinking]

Hey now! What's the matter with you people? We can't have people protecting and defending themselves and others. Why that might show that we're perfectly capable of doing so without the governments help and we can't have that. Also in Ma. and places like Ma. they get upset when they lose or might lose one of their voters since criminals take priority over the innocent.

Investigation ? LOL. [rofl] It shouldn't take one detectives five minutes to complete this investigation.
Nope, there is a lot of digging to be done.

For example, they will check the background of all involved parties to make sure that is really as simple as it appears, and not a feud between two people that the victor is trying to pass off as self defense. And then there is checking the magazines to see if they can get a AWB post ban mag conviction if the shoot itself is clean.

what if they found out u had more guns ?

What do you mean? They were sold out of state.. I would never ever ever ever lie about that.

Regardless that was quite awhile ago.. LTC and my only beat up shotgun was returned to me all 3x. Work for DHS now.. doubt it would come up again. ;)

If what that article said happened is what actually went down in that gas station the guy will be fine. He will get his rights and property back.

i think the question is, could they get a warrant to search your property if they thought there was more?

They could.. Generally going to a judge and starting with "I think there might be" is not going to cut it. This is why a lack of a registry is important.

Although I am not defending the decision to take his LTC, you guys are taking this too far. They took his LTC while they're doing an investigation; there's nothing to suggest that his LTC is permanently toast and all his guns are at Village Vault or something.

Even if nothing happens, getting everything back depends on the PD, some will some won't return the LTC. Also if they ship all his other guns (the one used must be kept as evidence) to a bonded warehouse (the PD has the "right" to do this), they are gone regardless of outcome.

This needs to be watched closely to see if the confiscated firearm and LTC are restored.

True.

I think the main concern (in this thread) is that if they took his LTC even temporarily, he will need to empty out his house if no other family member has an LTC.

Don't worry, the PD routinely do this for you, along with cell phones and computers. See Rob Boudrie's post for why!

Bitter truth of the day. What good is the 2A if it takes $100k to prove you were justified, then yet another case to get those legal fees back? In the meantime your own tax dollars are funding your prosecution. As others said, I need some CCW insurance.

You never get back your legal fees in cases such as this. Laws in Mass don't work that way.

what if they found out u had more guns ?

Then they charge you under C. 269 S. 10, a felony.

Well, that and his own safety (and the safety of his family) as I am sure the perp has friends, family and/or fellow gang members who may not be too pleased that the clerk put him out of the assault & robbery business for a while. [thinking]

This is a real issue and one that local PDs don't give a damn about.

Quincy PD did this with a defensive gun use last year. Guy drew and fired at an assailant charging him with a knife; assailant wasn’t hit and took off. Cops get there and seize the guy’s gun and suspend his LTC without charging him. I’ve scoured the news and haven’t heard anything since about this case, or whether the guy got his LTC and gun back. QPD was excoriated, and rightfully so, on social media for that.

There's three reasons for taking the clerks gun.
1st Detective is a toolbag.
2nd Clerk had better gun.
3rd Both the above.

There's three reasons for taking the clerks gun.
1st Detective is a toolbag.
2nd Clerk had better gun.
3rd Both the above.

since there was a shooting, if his gun was in temporary evidence that wouldn't be the end of the world. Because MA I wonder if he will ever get that one back. In NH a couple of years ago a woman shot a would be robber and the news said a friend gave her another pistol to use until she got her old one back.

So the dirtbag is in the process of an armed robbery, holds a knife to a customer's neck and the store owner drops him. The Police show up and revoke his LTC until the King determines he will allow it. I really hope said dirtbag doesn't have any family or friends looking for payback, the good guy is now defenseless when he actually needs a gun more than ever now.

I have had my LTC suspended 3x. Two were from filed bullshit restraining orders, 1 was an A/B show cause hearing. All 3 times the LTC was returned before leaving the courthouse. So I am speaking from personal experience. From my understanding they suspend your LTC for any restraining order filed, any charge that if convicted could mean revocation, or even a show cause hearing that if charges that could be filed mean revocation. That could be contrary to whatever the law says, but that's what they do.

In all 3 cases someone from the sheriffs dept. came with another armed officer.. Served a letter at my house stating my LTC was being suspended until said court date. They handed it to me and asked me to surrender all my weapons and ammo. I gave them a beat up 870 and told them the rest were sold out of state. They filled out some paperwork with the serial etc handed it to me and left.

So yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that his LTC was yanked after shooting a guy.. in self defense or not. It sucks.. but I am sure if that is what happened he will have his LTC and firearm back in a couple months.
OH, Good.......Only a couple days after pulling his body out of the store. Wasn't that article dated 2017?

They have no right to take anything unless they know a crime was committed. This clearly isn't the case. This is all grand standing for the Anti left. He saved lives. This is a clear case of self defense. Therefore the clerk committed no crime. Where is the probable cause to relieve him if his license and his firearm?

They took his stuff so they can manufacture a crime and falsely charge him.

Get your evidence first and then arrest him and take his stuff. The do not have a right to take his stuff until after they prove he committed a crime.

Oh, right...Mass just voted out Due Process.
Right???? What's this thing you speak of?

Sounds like he does not have possession of his LTC but has not been notified that it has been suspended or revoked. I did not find in the law, if a police department can even confiscate an LTC. I do find many places that states what action the "Licensing Authority" can take. Even if you have an LTC but do not have it on you, when carrying and when asked to produce LTC by LE, they may take your firearm and you have 30 days to show them you have an LTC. Plus, this only applies when not on your own property/residence. MGL 140, sec. 129C.

What do you mean? They were sold out of state.. I would never ever ever ever lie about that.
There would be an FFL bound book record of this since you cannot sell handguns out of state to anyone except an FFL.

I have a friend, that got into a physical altercation while at a bank driveup window... in the end the police showed up, took his gun, knife and LTC. No shots fired, he took a pretty good beating from the attacker. 2 days later the local police were knocking at his door..... took 80 guns and all ammo. 2 years later he wins in court after spending about $20,000 plus in lawyer fees.... not to mention another $20,000 plus in fees for his guns being held at the bonded gun store..

2 days later the local police were knocking at his door..... took 80 guns and all ammo.
If the PD takes your LTC, but it is still valid, get in action.

eFA-10 your 4 nicest guns to a close friend. Arrange for the others to be stored at the dealer with whom you have spent years cultivating a relationship. Keep a cheap gun or two so you have something to turn in, along with the paperwork for the guns you transferred.

Alternatively, if it is a revocation for something other than a 209A, the PD is required to turn the guns over to any LTC or FID (depending on the type of gun) holder you designate.

If a bonded warehouse gets your gun, get them transferred to a friendly dealer who will charge a more reasonable rate, or transfer them to your friends, ASAP. There is no excuse for letting guns languish at a bonded thefthouse for two years.

$20,000 plus in fees for his guns being held at the bonded gun store..
This implies he got his guns and LTC back, so he made out better than most.

Last edited:
Good reason to have a cheap Hi Point. Let the PD take it and keep the good ones.
In this state, you will not "keep the good ones" if you are involved in an incident. Add in the other costs, and even a Clt Python can be pocket change compared to that of protecting your rights post encounter.

Back
Top Bottom