• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good guy with a gun in Worcester loses LTC

Is there a history of PD returning LTC and gun after the investigation ends?

Because slicing her throat would have been a better outcome. Hopefully the guy doesn't get hung out to dry and having to spend thousands on legal fees.

Taking the gun temporarily is one thing. Taking his 2A rights to own and carry, well, after all, the constitution is just toilet paper to the State of Mass.

“Detectives confiscated the weapon and the clerk’s license to carry while the investigation continues”

I think we need to see if it was just a temporary thing while they investigate or whether he actually loses his license.

Stories like this make me really want to buy CC insurance.

That’s why I have it. USCCA Platinum. A little peace of mind for the cost of about 2k rounds of 9mm delivered from TSUSA. I blow a lot more than that going out to eat every month.

I think we need to see if it was just a temporary thing while they investigate or whether he actually loses his license.

Context matters, but this both:

1. Prevents (maybe) ownership of any other guns. Do they stop by and clean out the safe?
2. Prevents carry or purchase of a replacement gun, right at a time when the clerk may have new enemies.

I can hope that individual Worcester cops and detectives aren't doing these things and there's something else in context that makes this less outrageous, but...

I've been assured here more than once that this doesn't happen and it's just hysterical pants wetting talking about getting jacked up for self defense.
So this can't be true.
That poor bastard is about to be put through the MA. wringer.

Context matters, but this both:

1. Prevents (maybe) ownership of any other guns. Do they stop by and clean out the safe?
2. Prevents carry or purchase of a replacement gun, right at a time when the clerk may have new enemies.

I can hope that individual Worcester cops and detectives aren't doing these things and there's something else in context that makes this less outrageous, but...

i'm seriously wondering if this is the case? soon i will be the only LTC holder in my home...if this ever happened to any of us that collect antiques and relic firearms, what then? i highly doubt they would take as good of care of a collection as the owner would.

is that SOP to take the dudes LTC, or is that at the discretion of the police?

Maybe one of the legal minds can chime in whether using your gun in self defense automatically means you lose your LTC in MA. I wouldn't think so, maybe the article is wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Although I am not defending the decision to take his LTC, you guys are taking this too far. They took his LTC while they're doing an investigation; there's nothing to suggest that his LTC is permanently toast and all his guns are at Village Vault or something.

Although I am not defending the decision to take his LTC, you guys are taking this too far. They took his LTC while they're doing an investigation; there's nothing to suggest that his LTC is permanently toast and all his guns are at Village Vault or something.
It's really hard to tell from the press release.

I have had my LTC suspended 3x. Two were from filed bullshit restraining orders, 1 was an A/B show cause hearing. All 3 times the LTC was returned before leaving the courthouse. So I am speaking from personal experience. From my understanding they suspend your LTC for any restraining order filed, any charge that if convicted could mean revocation, or even a show cause hearing that if charges that could be filed mean revocation. That could be contrary to whatever the law says, but that's what they do.

In all 3 cases someone from the sheriffs dept. came with another armed officer.. Served a letter at my house stating my LTC was being suspended until said court date. They handed it to me and asked me to surrender all my weapons and ammo. I gave them a beat up 870 and told them the rest were sold out of state. They filled out some paperwork with the serial etc handed it to me and left.

So yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that his LTC was yanked after shooting a guy.. in self defense or not. It sucks.. but I am sure if that is what happened he will have his LTC and firearm back in a couple months.

Last edited:

I think the main concern (in this thread) is that if they took his LTC even temporarily, he will need to empty out his house if no other family member has an LTC.

Based on prior incidents I don't see it going swimmingly for the guy.
The guy that shot the nutjob who was in the process of stabbing the Dr. at the hospital got jacked around for a year or better before they let him off the hook and restored his rights.
And that was with some pretty high profile people standing up for him.
It will most likely depend on how long he can afford an attorney to represent him.
You get the justice you can afford in MA.

Based on prior incidents I don't see it going swimmingly for the guy.
The guy that shot the nutjob who was in the process of stabbing the Dr. at the hospital got jacked around for a year or better before they let him off the hook and restored his rights.
And that was with some pretty high profile people standing up for him.
It will most likely depend on how long he can afford an attorney to represent him.
You get the justice you can afford in MA.

Bitter truth of the day. What good is the 2A if it takes $100k to prove you were justified, then yet another case to get those legal fees back? In the meantime your own tax dollars are funding your prosecution. As others said, I need some CCW insurance.

They have no right to take anything unless they know a crime was committed. This clearly isn't the case. This is all grand standing for the Anti left. He saved lives. This is a clear case of self defense. Therefore the clerk committed no crime. Where is the probable cause to relieve him if his license and his firearm?

They took his stuff so they can manufacture a crime and falsely charge him.

Get your evidence first and then arrest him and take his stuff. The do not have a right to take his stuff until after they prove he committed a crime.

Oh, right...Mass just voted out Due Process.

Last edited:
I have had my LTC suspended 3x. Two were from filed bullshit restraining orders, 1 was an A/B show cause hearing. All 3 times the LTC was returned before leaving the courthouse. So I am speaking from personal experience. From my understanding they suspend your LTC for any restraining order filed, any charge that if convicted could mean revocation, or even a show cause hearing that if charges that could be filed mean revocation. That could be contrary to whatever the law says, but that's what they do.

In all 3 cases someone from the sheriffs dept. came with another armed officer.. Served a letter at my house stating my LTC was being suspended until said court date. They handed it to me and asked me to surrender all my weapons and ammo. I gave them a beat up 870 and told them the rest were sold out of state. They filled out some paperwork with the serial etc handed it to me and left.

So yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that his LTC was yanked after shooting a guy.. in self defense or not. It sucks.. but I am sure if that is what happened he will have his LTC and firearm back in a couple months.

what if they found out u had more guns ?

Back
Top Bottom