Good guy with a gun in Worcester loses LTC

I wholeheartedly agree.

But what I don’t agree with in this thread is the general impression that it was some random Patrolman or Det. that made the decision on his own to confiscate dude’s LTC. Does anyone really believe that was an on-scene decision?
I would bet my bottom dollar that the clerks weapon ended up in an evidence bag and his ltc was never handed back to him after proof of license. Wheter or not he received a registered letter the next day that his license is suspended or revoked by the CLEO remains to be seen.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the clerks weapon ended up in an evidence bag and his ltc was never handed back to him after proof of license. Wheter or not he received a registered letter the next day that his license is suspended or revoked by the CLEO remains to be seen.
Keep in mind that any LEO can confiscate the LTC. However, only the issuing authority can suspend/revoke. Procedure is usually a report from PD where an incident occurs to chief in issuing town "recommending" suspension/revocation based on report. It's then in issuing chief's hands to officially take action.

first thing I want to know is was his license suspended? It seems like the town/city makes the call on whether to suspend/ revoke a LTC or not which is a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom