Glock to hold big press conference at 2011 Shot Show

Reptile

NES Member
http://gunsforsale.com/ghg/2010/12/20/new-guns-glock-2011-shot-show/

"Interestingly, Glock reserved the press conference room the morning of the first day of the 2011 SHOT Show. Starting at 10 am, Glock is scheduled to run an hour-long press conference. I don’t know what they have planned, but we will be there."

------

I sure hope this is about the Glock Carbine that they have been hinting at in the Glock Armorers classes.

This seems to be like Steve Jobs doing the keynote presentation at the Mac World Expo. Apple used to announce new products with much anticipation.

They will announce something big (or little). I am hoping for a single stack 9mm.

They're def at the rear of the pack without offering a single stack 9, that would make the most sense.
...Perhaps they'll be announcing MA compliancy [smile]

I would love if somebody ran a live audio feed.

I do not know if I could survive the excitement of waiting for somebody to post a "tweet" or transcript.

I would like to find an official blogger for that event because some joker will post a Glock Carbine announcement whether it is true or not.

20 days left.

Single stack 9 mms don't sell

Kahr arms would probably disagree with that statement. If they don't sell, then why did Walther bother making a gun to try to get it into that market? There must be some demand, otherwise Kahr would be out of business (half of what they sell is single stack 9mm's) and Walther wouldn't have made the PPS.

If Glock made a single stack subcompact 9mm (eg, to compete with the PM9) it would sell like mad.

-Mike

Kahr arms would probably disagree with that statement. If they don't sell, then why did Walther bother making a gun to try to get it into that market? There must be some demand, otherwise Kahr would be out of business (half of what they sell is single stack 9mm's) and Walther wouldn't have made the PPS.

If Glock made a single stack subcompact 9mm (eg, to compete with the PM9) it would sell like mad.

-Mike

A 9mm G36? That would have possibilities.

Its gonna be a carbine in 5.56. Rumored that Glock built a 100yard range at their facility. No need for 100 yards to test pistols.

Not much more you can do with the pistol anyways.

And if it was just another pistol they would not reserve a press conference for it. Just not big enough breaking news.

Meh. Everybody and their brother is in the carbine market. What can Glock offer that's going to be a game changer?

Meh. Everybody and their brother is in the carbine market. What can Glock offer that's going to be a game changer?

PLASTIC!

In the same profile as their pistols. Thin, lightweight and designed with a slide like their pistold.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Mike

In relation to more realistically-sized pistols, they don't sell well at all.

Whatever. I seriously doubt Glock is going to announce a single stack 9. My bet is some sort of rifle.

... I am hoping for a single stack 9mm.

They don't have one? I was wondering about that. I'm pretty sure they have a single stack .45 with a model number in the 30's. For that matter, I just wish they'd start naming their models with some sort of logic for identifying them.

They're def at the rear of the pack without offering a single stack 9, that would make the most sense.
...Perhaps they'll be announcing MA compliancy [smile]

A SMALL single stack 9mm would be great. A Massachusetts model would be awesome! Something to compete with the Keltec PF-9 and the Kahrs.

Single stack 9 mms don't sell

No, because they are still mostly a bit big. The .380's are selling like hotcakes though. If they can come up with a compact 9mm+P, that would go through the roof.

PLASTIC!

In the same profile as their pistols. Thin, lightweight and designed with a slide like their pistold.

...and using the SAME MAGAZINES!

ANYHOW, the whole carbine thing is OLD NEWS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Cnsj2sdpM

Last edited:

-Mike

Not to mention that SIG just came out with a new one and HK keeps importing police turn in P7s from Europe. If anything, single stack, concealable 9mms are probably one of the biggest growth areas in handguns given where CCW has gone over the last 5-10 years.

Personally, I bet they announce a 1911 or an AR15.

Last edited:
In relation to more realistically-sized pistols, they don't sell well at all.

In total numbers? Yeah, I'd agree... but remember that more and more people are getting CCWs and the like, and people want small handguns that are easier to carry. (Granted, to many of us here, carrying a G17, a G19, etc, isn't a big deal, but we're hardly "everybody else". )

Whatever. I seriously doubt Glock is going to announce a single stack 9. My bet is some sort of rifle.

Some kind of rifle.... or.... drum roll...

....a completely lackluster announcement where they unveil the Gen4 revisions for the rest of the product line.

-Mike

Last edited:
OH MY GOD!! Are they going to announced the rumored 5th gen Glock with the updated grip checkering?? Will it be in time for me to add to my R2 D2 Verizon Droid collection at the 2011 Star Wars convention?!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

My bet is on some sort of carbine or rifle. Because it makes market sense.

Every other manufacturer has worked to flesh out their product line so they could sell to law enforcement. Many agencies want one stop shopping. If they buy pistols from you - they want to buy rifles from the same source. It's why Smith and Wesson came out with the M&P AR15's. It's why Sig is building AR's now. Beretta makes carbines - so they can complement their pistols, etc.

I don't know what Glock could do in the carbine world that would be as revolutionary as their pistols were when they came - guess we'll have to wait and see.

A modern, modular, plastic bodied rifle (think SCAR) for less than $1000 retail (not MSRP) would have Glock owning the carbine market lock, stock, and barrel.

A modern, modular, plastic bodied rifle (think SCAR) for less than $1000 retail (not MSRP) would have Glock owning the carbine market lock, stock, and barrel.

This is what I anticipate.

I'd love a glock branded 9mm carbine that takes glock mags.

Gotta be a SA revolver. They're obviously trying to corner the CAS market as well since they're already well represented in practical shooting.

Back
Top Bottom