Glock to hold big press conference at 2011 Shot Show

Are the folks rooting for a polymer rifle from Glock, the same folks who are horrified at the notion of a polymer trigger group from Ruger?[smile]

Meh. Everybody and their brother is in the carbine market. What can Glock offer that's going to be a game changer?

Glock torture test reliability, rust resistance, compatability with their pistol mags. But I'm afraid a Glock rifle would just be some other bland AR clone. It would be very difficult to revolutionize the designs of the rifle world as well as the pistol world, but I'd be thrilled if Gaston was up to the challenge.

That would be awesome. I've been waiting for someone to fill the "porcelain-gun-that-won't-set-off-metal-detectors" niche.

Even though those don't exist and never have, they're illegal in Massachusetts. Given enough time I'm sure legislators will watch other Hollywood films and wind up banning magazines with infinite ammo capacity. [rolleyes]

Also, I'm not sure what the Glock would have over the Kahr (except price).

Rust resistance, no break-in period, parent company not considered a cult by various people on the Internet.

I hope it's something awesome. If it's just another model to add to their pistol line I'll rage.

"We're pleased to announce a single stack 9mm."

Doesn't matter... even if you did want whatever it is it'd take you 2 years before you bought one [wink]

I don't understand the fascination with plastic guns? [grenade]

I swear there's something to be said about holding a nice piece of metal, feels like a refined machine versus a toy.

Rust resistance, no break-in period, parent company not considered a cult by various people on the Internet.

So far, I haven't seen any indication of rust on my PM9 even though it's been sweat on plenty. I don't seem to have super villain sweat like some people on here though. The 200 round break in doesn't strike me as a problem either. Also, mine is the black version and I'm sure the DLC helps. Any new gun ought to have at least 200 rounds through it before being carried. As for the cult, they qualify by most standards but they don't push it so I don't care.

Hanwei had a point about the mags kind of sucking though.

My Glocks dont deal death, they just shoot plates and stuff.

cookies.jpg

So far, I haven't seen any indication of rust on my PM9 even though it's been sweat on plenty. I don't seem to have super villain sweat like some people on here though.

There's at least two of us on this forum, but with me it's the oils on my skin more than it is the sweat. I know there's a lot of people who appreciate crazy rust resistance even if they don't having a burning need for it. Kinda like the torture test, I doubt anyone's going to try that, but it's nice to know that the gun will work through almost anything.

Hanwei had a point about the mags kind of sucking though.

I was thinking about it, and Glock would have to use thinner mags if they wanted to get that small, which might cause some problems for them.

There's at least two of us on this forum, but with me it's the oils on my skin more than it is the sweat. I know there's a lot of people who appreciate crazy rust resistance even if they don't having a burning need for it. Kinda like the torture test, I doubt anyone's going to try that, but it's nice to know that the gun will work through almost anything.

My K40c ends up with rust on it every time I handle it, never mind carry. And it's not the gun, as I bought it well-carried (and rust-free) from another member.

My K40c ends up with rust on it every time I handle it, never mind carry. And it's not the gun, as I bought it well-carried (and rust-free) from another member.

Well then it appears that the NES Rust Midas ranks have swollen to 3.

My PM9 is the only gun I've owned that's rusted on me. Several stainless S&W, a Sig, and none of them got a spot. I've taken to storing it in a pickle jar or Hoppes. [smile]

It probably hasn't been mentioned because it's something that would be very unlikely for Glock. They've never shown any inclination to produce anything other than a practical firearm primarily designed for police or military use. They sell to private citizens and seem to treat that market well, but don't seem inclined to design anything that could be considered primarily recreational.

Interesting. I never really thought of that. I wonder why. Ruger and Browning seem to do very well in that market.

I just talked to Glock Customer Service.

She said that Glock is NOT coming out with a carbine this year.

I hope to be surprised, but now I just feel sad. [sad2]

Plain and simple - Glock is not known for briefing it's people on new products before they come out. It is unlikely a customer service person would be able to say anything beyond "I am not aware of....".

I REALLY NEED A GLOCK AR 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the the best part is the wife said I know you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
In order to reach their biggest fan club, Glock is debuting a video game controller so that losers in their parent's basement can finally own a glock. A low left flinch is already preset into the controller to make shooting realistic.

Back
Top Bottom