• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock in MA - Visiting from FL

I am a FL resident with a LTC. Just recently received a MA non-resident LTC for visits up to see my kids. Other than making sure I have 10 round mag's, any restrictions on me bringing the Glock to MA?

I am a FL resident with a LTC. Just recently received a MA non-resident LTC for visits up to see my kids. Other than making sure I have 10 round mag's, any restrictions on me bringing the Glock to MA?
None at all. Keep it under your control or locked up when not under your control.

The roster nonsense is about what a dealer can sell, not what you can purchase, possess, or carry.

10 rounds are fine, more CAN be a problem unless pre 9/13/1994 manufacture

Just to CYA read up on the safe storage laws, it must be under your "direct control" and if not it has to be locked up

Last edited:
Please cite a law that says that you can't have anything at all to drink while carrying.
The advice is prudent. No need to go into great detail about the fact that there isn't a set limit for drinking while carrying, or that people who have literally had just a couple beers while carrying then got jacked up.

... people who have literally had just a couple beers while carrying then got jacked up.
Can you give me some examples? The only one I've heard of was the guy that got brought in for both driving and carrying under the influence, blew just under the limit at the station, and a judge threw out the DUI but kept the carrying under the influence charges. Any others?

Can you give me some examples? The only one I've heard of was the guy that got brought in for both driving and carrying under the influence, blew just under the limit at the station, and a judge threw out the DUI but kept the carrying under the influence charges. Any others?
A guy got jacked up for drinking coffee and being under the influence of "drugs" aka caffine while driving.

Another guy got jacked up for having a beer before his LTC interview

The late Darius Arbabi had a client who was an armed security guard. The guy had 2 beers. Was arrested, license revoked, blew under. Arbabi was able to get a not guilty verdict for carrying under the influence, but a year later the guy still didn't have his LTC back.

But let's not derail this thread anymore. You can start a separate thread for that if you like.

10 rounds are fine, more CAN be a problem unless pre 6/1994 manufacture

Just to CYA read up on the safe storage laws, it must be under your "direct control" and if not it has to be locked up
I've seen you post the wrong grandfather clause date many times.

Can you please correct yourself? The cut-off date is on/before 9/13/1994.

Thank you.

I stand corrected , I thought the Federal AWB was in June..... My bad.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

PS I was sorry to read of your wife, my condolences on your loss.

Back
Top Bottom