• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock announces G44 in .22LR

Didn't HK invent the single stack carry gun?

As a polymer striker gun? Plenty of folks made thin compact steel or aluminum pistols pre G36.

Maybe Glock just mid-marketed the 36. It was G19 size with a 45 inside. I think it was to compete with commander sized 1911’s instead of cleaving a light thin concealable gun.

Didn't HK invent the single stack carry gun?

They sold the first commercially viable polymer framed double stack handgun of Aliens fame.

It beat the Glock 17 to the market by a dozen or so years.

HK played Zerox/Samsung to Glock as Apple.
Developed the groundbreaking technology or the idea that just never took off by the inventor and then got their floor mopped by someone with a more refined version in industrial design & marketing.

It's probably a PCC. But if they really wanted to screw with everyone they'd release a revolver.
Exactly. A collaborative project with Musk. All angles. All stainless steel. Like a 1990s space gun, with an electrical trigger that BATFE hasn't approved yet.

Exactly. A collaborative project with Musk. All angles. All stainless steel. Like a 1990s space gun, with an electrical trigger that BATFE hasn't approved yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if when the production version of the Cybertruck is ready that Musk would host a demo in the Arizona desert featuring a segment where he uses a Beretta 93R Mod. Auto-9 (RoboCop model with extended barrel, sights, magwell, magazine, and heat sink shroud) to demonstrate the "much improved" bullet resistant features.

It wouldn't surprise me if when the production version of the Cybertruck is ready that Musk would host a demo in the Arizona desert featuring a segment where he uses a Beretta 93R Mod. Auto-9 (RoboCop model with extended barrel, sights, magwell, magazine, and heat sink shroud) to demonstrate the "much improved" bullet resistant features.
I wouldn't buy the truck, but I'd pay for the video.

They sold the first commercially viable polymer framed double stack handgun of Aliens fame.

If you've ever pulled a trigger on a VP70 you would not use the term "commercially viable" in the same sentence as VP70.

The trigger is best described as "Horrendous".

Ahead of it's time? yes.... Viable, f*** no. [laugh]

-Mike

If you've ever pulled a trigger on a VP70 you would not use the term "commercially viable" in the same sentence as VP70.

The trigger is best described as "Horrendous".

Ahead of it's time? yes.... Viable, f*** no. [laugh]

Agreed, the trigger wasn't winning it any friends, even the short lived COP .357 had a better trigger.
Had the trigger been better and the price lower, HK may have staked it's claim on the ground floor of the polymer pistol market and had it all to itself, but the VP70 design wasn't refined enough to attract many buyers.

A Glock 1911
I was thinking it was going to be some super budget Glock with a cast slide and fixed sights that ships with one mag, but now that you say this it has me thinking Hudson H9 clone.

Hudson had no ability to manufacture and support a gun in high volume, but Glock obviously can and they have the coin to buy the rights to the H9 if they wanted it.

I'm thinking that's what it is going to be now.

the Ameriglo sights on the GEN 5's are damn good. I left mine on but went to Truglo on my CZ's.
Most Glocks come through with the crappy plastic sights with the front dot and the rear notch with the white “bucket” outline. I find the proportions of those sights don’t work for my old eyes. In particular, the front notch is quite wide in proportion to the rear notch, to the point where there is little if any light on either side of the front notch. As a result them very hard and slow to align. I prefer a sight with a narrow front post and a wide rear notch. And that doesn’t even get into the fact that the plastic front sight can easily get damaged while practicing draws.

I was thinking it was going to be some super budget Glock with a cast slide and fixed sights that ships with one mag, but now that you say this it has me thinking Hudson H9 clone.

Hudson had no ability to manufacture and support a gun in high volume, but Glock obviously can and they have the coin to buy the rights to the H9 if they wanted it.

No way Glock would do anything that ambitious. How many years did it take Glock to add replaceable backstraps? How many years did it take before Glock added slim, “single-stack” more concealable models (43,43x, 48)?

No way will Glock bring out an entirely different action.

I’m guessing new thin wall metal mags that increase capacity in the g43 to 10rds and 12rds in the 43x. Hence the 12/10 date as well as the 10am. Small change that could sway buyers from the Hellcat and p365.

LMAO.... I liked my H9 and kinda miss it, but there is no way in hell Glock is doing that or getting within 1000 miles of either of those things. Would hurt their
reputation.

-Mike

No way Glock would do anything that ambitious. How many years did it take Glock to add replaceable backstraps? How many years did it take before Glock added slim, “single-stack” more concealable models (43,43x, 48)?

No way will Glock bring out an entirely different action.

It's not so much about "ambition" as it is about fear of going too far off the reservation and potentially tarnishing the brand. Branding is a huge deal for companies like Glock and HK, given the demographic of buyers etc. A company like smith or ruger can make a shitty product (eg, like the BG380) and get away with it (because of the buyer demographic of those companies being a salad bar of skinflints) but if Glock pushed out a pot metal turd like that, their brand would be irreparably harmed.

There's that euphemism about a cat or a dog fearing a certain room in the house because something bad happened there. High profile gun manufacturers are often
eager to stay away from that room, lest they produce a Colt All American or something like that which goes over like that Opie and Anthony sex in church skit....

-Mike

LMAO.... I liked my H9 and kinda miss it, but there is no way in hell Glock is doing that or getting within 1000 miles of either of those things. Would hurt their
reputation.

-Mike
Glock is all about "perfection" so they could take a currently flawed product in the H9 and perfect it and say to everyone "nah nah nah, you said we couldn't and we did so stick this in your pipe and smoke it."

At the end of the day Glock is in the money business, not the ego business.

Glock is all about "perfection" so they could take a currently flawed product in the H9 and perfect it and say to everyone "nah nah nah, you said we couldn't and we did so stick this in your pipe and smoke it."

At the end of the day Glock is in the money business, not the ego business.
If you ask me a company like Krapber would be far more likely to pick up.the H9, as it's more in line with the weirdo guns they already sell... and the target demo of their products is often willing to pay what it would cost. Plus they're used to servicing weirdo guns.

-Mike

Let's see, nobody has mentioned Glock coming out with a .22LR rimfire pistol or rifle. Wouldn't a plastic rifle with striker and Glock trigger generate some interest? How about a striker fired revolver? Who knows?

Let's see, nobody has mentioned Glock coming out with a .22LR rimfire pistol or rifle. Wouldn't a plastic rifle with striker and Glock trigger generate some interest? How about a striker fired revolver? Who knows?

Ahem, post 106 I declared 22LR. Although I seriously doubt that will be true.

Well that's anti-climatic and mindblowingly stupid given the hype since there already have been .22lr conversions available for years. This should have been a regular ShotShow release and not all this showboating for a pedestrian offering.

What's next, GLOCK now available in AN ADDITIONAL COLOR? WOOOOWWEEEE!

So glock will follow Taurus and KelTec in making a non-gay capacity (16-17 rounds) 22lr polymer pistol?!?!

Meh

Back
Top Bottom