• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock announces G44 in .22LR

I shot a Glock match yesterday, paired up with a guy I know from local matches. Since he was running 7 guns and I was running 6, we pretty much made a full tree; (max entries at one time for a stage at a Glock match). We set up each stage so that he'd run 3, I'd run 3, he'd run 3 more, I'd run 3 more, then he would finish with his last gun. His last gun was a 44, so I got to see one for the first time.

He said that he's run 1400 rounds through it, had a couple FTE's and a couple of misfires, but no issues at all in the last 800 rounds.

He also told me that he's friends with a guy who had a catastrophe with a 44.

I really want the 44, but I’m going to give it some time, and try to get one later in the year with the thinking that any growing pains were fixed.

Put another few hundred rounds through it today. 2 failures to eject in the first 2 magazine's, and other than that it ran like a champ with zero malfunction. Its breaking in very nicely. Got so many reps coming out of holster and getting reloads in.

Messing around in the armory with it at work tonight. G19 magazine's fit in it perfectly. Makes me think that some G19 parts should fit just fine. I put in a grip plug tonight, and will likely toss a G19 NDZ extended mag release in it.

Update, mine is up to about 800 rounds now. Still hasn't blown up yet. I am thinking of demanding a refund, because mine hasn't blown up. What a let down. [laugh]

Last outing was with Federal bulk ammo I bought that I had from before the obama administration. (That's how much I hate .22 LR, I generally hated it so much, that I fired very little of it in the
past decade or so. ) Got some short-strokes, but this doesn't surprise me, that particular derivative of fed .22 LR never seemed to work autos right anyways, same shit would happen out of a P22, but worse, with stovepipes, etc. I think I am going to get some of those square trays of golden bullet and see how that goes. Mini Mags are pretty stellar in this thing but they are hard to come by right now.

-Mike

I think I am going to get some of those square trays of golden bullet and see how that goes. Mini Mags are pretty stellar in this thing but they are hard to come by right now.

-Mike
If you don't mind going to Walmart, they should have plenty of mini mags among other flavors of 22. I bought like 1500 rounds of mini mags at the danvers Walmart last month. Was cheaper than buying from TSUSA too.

I've tried a few hundred American Eagle, Armscore, and Aquilla through mine, each. Probably sent 600 or so downrange on my last trip. Only issue i've found is the first round in a full mag doesn't like to sit properly.

1) If you load the mag with it sitting firmly on a flat surface, this problem seems to go away.

2) If you load the mag holding it in the air, I found flipping it upside down and snapping the rounds with the follower after its fully loaded properly seated the top round.

3) If you skip 1 and 2, I found that inserting the mag on a closed slide, and then racking, reduced the incidence of 1st round stovepipes.

Other than the mag issue, I like it alot. POI/POA are solid for me, no issues with ammo so far in 38g and 40g, HP/plated/lead etc.

Update, mine is up to about 800 rounds now. Still hasn't blown up yet. I am thinking of demanding a refund, because mine hasn't blown up. What a let down. [laugh]

Last outing was with Federal bulk ammo I bought that I had from before the obama administration. (That's how much I hate .22 LR, I generally hated it so much, that I fired very little of it in the
past decade or so. ) Got some short-strokes, but this doesn't surprise me, that particular derivative of fed .22 LR never seemed to work autos right anyways, same shit would happen out of a P22, but worse, with stovepipes, etc. I think I am going to get some of those square trays of golden bullet and see how that goes. Mini Mags are pretty stellar in this thing but they are hard to come by right now.

-Mike

Neither has mine. I haven shot 800 rounds, but it’s supposed to blow up after 10 isn’t it?

-Mike
TargetSports has MiniMags in stock right now. They red in cardboard boxes rather than the plastic trays, but it’s the same ammo.

OMG! I shot some Agulia Super Maximum Hyper Velocity out of mine yesterday and I'll be damned if I still have both my hands and eyes.
Mine shoots high at 10 yrds and the rear sight is at the bottom. I guess it's set for 6:00 hold at 20 yrds. It's pretty good at 100 yards though.

Back
Top Bottom