• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gabriel Gomez is a douche

So this is Gomez?

P867.jpg

I see what you did there.

In case anyone forgot:
Full text of Gomez's letter (obtained via BostonGlobe.com) starts here:

17 January 2013
Dear Governor Patrick:
I respectfully submit my name for consideration as the interim replacement for Senator John F. Kerry’s US. Senate seat. Appointing a moderate Republican Would Set a national example of sorely needed bipartisanship and would reinforce your growing national reputation for bold and thoughtful leadership. I welcome the opportunity to discuss how the following reasons may warrant your consideration.
As background (please also see attached a short chronology of my life), l am a proud resident of Massachusetts. I am a first generation American whose parents were born and raised in Colombia. Spanish is my first language since my mother was not yet fluent in English when I was born. I graduated from the US. Naval Academy in 1987 with a BS. in Systems Engineering (with Merit) and eamed my Navy pilot wings in 1989. As a Navy pilot, I flew off aircraft carriers until 1991. I then volunteered and was selected for Navy SEAL training (BUD/s - Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL) and was Class Leader of BUD/s Class 181. 1 am one of only two people to have ever been both a Navy aircraft carrier pilot and then a Navy SEAL. [was a platoon commander at SEAL Team FOUR until 1996.
After completing my Navy service commitment, I attended and graduated from Harvard Business School in 1997. After graduation, I was a mergers and acquisitions professional at the boutique investment banking firm Bowles Hollowell Connor (founded by Erskine Bowles) and a private equity professional in Boston at both Summit Partners and 110w Advent International. I am married to Sarah H. Gomez who was a Peace Corps Volunteer in the West Indies and then a Special Education teacher (we actually met while she Was a Peace Corps volunteer and l was deployed as a SEAL platoon commander in the West Indies). We have four children - Olivia (l3), Zander (11), Antonia (10), and Max (8) and we live in Cohasset, Massachusetts.
I fully understand that naming a moderate Republican like me would be completely unconventional. However, given the partisan and acrimonious atmosphere in the US. Senate today, this is even more of a reason to consider appointing a moderate Republican with my background. I supported President Obama in 2008. I strongly believe this appointment would be good for the Democrats as well since it is in everyone’s interest to have two parties at the table negotiating. Admittedly, the Republican Party could benefit from another moderate, diverse voice like mine and I can be a practical and symbolic first step toward bringing the two parties closer together. I have a strong desire to serve again, do my time, help move things along and then leave that post to who the people of Massachusetts choose in the special election in which I would not get involved. This is a rare opportunity with a potentially nan-ow window where someone with my background can make a positive impact on these main issues that is ultimately good for the country.
Below are summary points ofwhy I think this is a positive and viable idea:

• With your leadership, Massachusetts could provide a shining national example of how our country can overcome the partisan atmosphere in DC, which has reached a point (been this way for quite a while) where the two sides unfortunately do not even come to the table to discuss reasonable solutions on any issues This appointment would be the ultimate demonstration of bipartisanship.
  • Two main issues that will dominate the political discussion during this appointment will be Immigration Reform and Gun Control. Given my Latino and Navy SEAL background, I have credibility to contribute thoughtfully on these issues. I support the positions that President Obama has taken on these issues and you can be assured I will keep my word and work on these issues as I have promised.
  • This ultimate bipartisan move by the Democratic Party would be a catalyst for getting something done on these two main issues in a bipartisan way. This is what the American people want to see happen – both sides working together and things getting done.
  • This high profile appointment will generate national attention and Senators from both parties would be hard-pressed to ignore your bold leadership. Such a bipartisan appointment of a Latino, Navy Veteran, and businessman would be a terrific boost for the diversity of our Massachusetts delegation
  • This is a temporary appointment and the Democrats control the-Senate 5 5-45, so this presents no risk to the Senate majority.
  • You would be inserting a Navy man into a seat that is currently held by a Navy veteran (minor point, but there really does need to be more representation of veterans in Congress and the Senate)
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please let me know what other information you require. 1 am avaiiable at your convenience.
Very respectfully,

Gabriel E. Gomez

Two main issues that will dominate the political discussion during this appointment will be Immigration Reform and Gun Control. Given my Latino and Navy SEAL background, I have credibility to contribute thoughtfully on these issues. I support the positions that President Obama has taken on these issues and you can be assured I will keep my word and work on these issues as I have promised.

25001375928869_The-difference-between-a-brown-noser-and-an-ass-kisser-is-depth-perception.png

White Feather

Jesse Ventura was a SEAL back before they were even known as SEAL's, they were called UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) when he served.
And as off the wall as his is, I'd still rather have him in congress than Gomez.
His Howard Stern appearances were great!

I'd take Ventura any day. He definitely has a couple of views I don't agree with, but he's a proud American and knows what that means. He won't try and ban your guns, or anything else, and is for small gov't.

- - - Updated - - -

What we are sick of is not that he is a SEAL, we are sick of his (and others) using it as a constant logical fallacy of "appeal to authority". He may be able to shoot upside down 800 yards while flying a plane better than I can shoot at point blank range, and fight ten people while I run away from beagles, but this does not allow him to decide when I can exercise my rights. I am the expert on my rights.

THIS!

Could be worse. Just imagine how he would brag if he was a SEAL.
I get it... He was a SEAL. Enlisting in the navy and becoming a SEAL does not immunize you from becoming a first class douche nozzle.

Why bother getting agitated over this? It isn't like he is saying anything new for him, and it isn't like his chances are getting any better. MA Republicans might vote for him because he has an R next to his name, but independent voters are at least smart enough to know they can vote for the Democrat and get someone who believes the crap they are spouting.

Jesse Ventura was a SEAL back before they were even known as SEAL's, they were called UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) when he served.
And as off the wall as his is, I'd still rather have him in congress than Gomez.
His Howard Stern appearances were great!

Actually he was 11 years old when the first SEAL teams were formed... His DOB is July 15th 1951

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEALs#Origins

The Navy needed to determine its role within the special operations arena. In March 1961, Arleigh Burke, Chief of Naval Operations, recommended the establishment of guerrilla and counter-guerrilla units. These units would be able to operate from sea, air or land. This was the beginning of the Navy SEALs. All SEALs came from the Navy's Underwater Demolition Teams, who had already gained extensive experience in commando warfare in Korea; however, the Underwater Demolition Teams were still necessary to the Navy's amphibious force.
Members of SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team Two in a Dry Deck Shelter of the submerged USS Philadelphia

The first two teams were formed in January 1962 and stationed on both US coasts: Team One at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, in San Diego, California and Team Two at Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Men of the newly formed SEAL Teams were trained in such unconventional areas as...

Actually he was 11 years old when the first SEAL teams were formed... His DOB is July 15th 1951

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEALs#Origins

Sorry, I read it wrong.
I appears the SEALs did already exist, he was UDT which later merged into the SEALs after he left the service.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120106151442AAOUIBi

From September 11, 1969, to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era, Ventura served in the United States Navy.

Ventura graduated with BUD/S class 58 in December 1970 and was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12 (UDT).

The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy.

My ex husband knew him in Panama. Said he was just another ring knocker, unimpressive. I checked with him before the election.

It took a little searching but I found he flew Greyhounds (cargo, mail, personnel, etc) and Hawkeyes (radar recon).

Naval Academy classmate David Buckley says Gomez ended up flying radar planes off carriers.

“They’re kind of the biggest target because they have a large radar emitter on top of the plane, so anybody that’s interested in not being seen would want to take them out,” Buckley said.

Gomez also flew cargo planes off carriers. That was when Paul Villagomez met him. The two men were among the only three Latino pilots in the Navy.

“We were like a corporate airplane flying VIPs and dignitaries and staff and parts, high-priority parts to the carriers, normal staff rotations, personnel that needed to come off the ship in an emergency — like for emergency leave, they had a death in the family,” Villagomez recalled. “You flew the mail, also. We were the mailmen. Some of us had on our flight suits a little U.S. Mail patch because we were considered the mail guys, and the carrier guys loved us because we brought the mail. They would always ask, ‘How much mail do you have?’ while we were circling to land.”

After four years of flying, Gomez entered SEAL training.

I was wondering why he didn't plug what kind of aircraft he flew, since he shameless plugged all his other achievements. I guess "mailman" and SEAL (bet you guys didn't know that! [wink]) would send a mixed message on the campaign trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, dude landed turboprops on a moving/heaving carrier, respect.

So little substance in Mr. SEAL, you can see through him. I think someone stood in for him for his grad school admissions exam, guy is a clown and stupid.

Hey c'mon guys, lighten up, the man was a SEAL, you know.

He was? I wouldn't have never known that from the 10,000 ****in times that he mentioned it at every speech and campaign ad he had!

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't opened the link but I don't think my opinion of Gomez could get any lower.
Did you know he was a navy seal![grin]

[rofl] [laugh2].

- - - Updated - - -

The letter he wrote to Devalue begging for an appointment as interim Senator tells you everything you need to know about Mr. Gomez.

Sunday he will be an Easter Seal. No effing with that.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Yes X 1,000,000 he was a SEAL.

Google Don Shipley he outs many of the idiots that are not and going around publicly claiming they are. He has confirmed he is legit. You would have to pretty much live in a box to be dumb enough to go around in a forum so public as running for a US Senate seat and think you could get away with lying about SEAL status. Id also say you have to be pretty uninformed to think its even possible, sorry to be blunt. The SEAL community is very small and its not easy to get away with that kind of shit. Gomez (though a douche politically) fits the outward visual profile of a SEAL to a T. Non assuming; would never know it to look at him type thing. The idiots with all the trident tattoos, bumper stickers, stickers on the shitty harleys their fat asses are sitting on, etc that try to look the part fail miserably. Gomez is more vocal about it than most but he is an officer and also has the military pilot arrogance thing going where the first thing they tell you is how cool they are. I can say that because I am one, lol

I also had an instructor pilot who had flown with him back in his aviation days and knew for sure he did indeed go SEAL. Can't take that away from him.

Wait, so are you saying that he was a seal?

was Gomez SF in the US military or for other country?

- - - Updated - - -

I also had an instructor pilot who had flown with him back in his aviation days and knew for sure he did indeed go SEAL. Can't take that away from him.

I hereby revoke Gomez's SEAL certification.

130611_gabriel_gomez_debate_ap_605.jpg

What Gabriel Gomez Says
Not every fight is a fair fight, ... Sometimes you face overpowering force. We were massively overspent. We went up against literally the whole national Democratic Party. And all its allies

400px-Dog_Listen.jpg

What a dog hears:
seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal sealseal seal seal seal seal seal seal

Oh snap! I didn't vote when he ran for senate. But I just saw he had a trident on his jacket. Was he a SEAL? I definitely would have voted if I knew he was in the SEALs.

It took a little searching but I found he flew Greyhounds (cargo, mail, personnel, etc) and Hawkeyes (radar recon).

I was wondering why he didn't plug what kind of aircraft he flew, since he shameless plugged all his other achievements. I guess "mailman" and SEAL (bet you guys didn't know that! [wink]) would send a mixed message on the campaign trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, dude landed turboprops on a moving/heaving carrier, respect.

Personally, I think that flying anything on and off of a carrier is pretty cool. I would have loved to been a pilot, but bad eyes and poor math ability made that career path a no-go. But it is pretty lame of him to throw out the "Naval aviator" boast without describing what he flew. He probably has some funny stories that he could have shared, but instead he discusses it in vague terms, so people think he was a Jolly Roger and flew F-14's and went to Top Gun. Gomez, you're a douche canoe.

Oh snap! I didn't vote when he ran for senate. But I just saw he had a trident on his jacket. Was he a SEAL? I definitely would have voted if I knew he was in the SEALs.

yeah, i heard somewhere he was a SEAL but i wasn't really able to find much information backing up that claim. hmpf.

Back
Top Bottom