first firearm suggestions..?

My first purchase was a .22 Ruger Single Six. I would recommend the .22 seeing as you are new to owning a pistol and will likely want to shoot often. .22 ammo being cheapest.

Give yourself time to try different 9mm models and get a feel for what you like.

Do people post just to hear themselves talk? If you read the most recent post in the thread, you'll see he bumped the thread because he just bought his first gun. Congrats on your purchase KOMA829. Let us know how your first range trip goes.

So because he already made a purchase any subsequent advice is irrelevant? There are others who may be in a similar situation who may appreciate such information.

In my opinion and based on considerable experience, I believe your first firearm should be a S&W .22 LR revolver. Easy to learn basic gun safety. Easy to learn advanced combat techniques. Most are competition worthy, or close to it, right out of the box. Excellent triggers. Excellently built. Easy to maintain. Cheap to shoot. Good for damn near everything from plinking, to target shooting to hunting to self defense. A wide array of affordable ammo. Easy access to accessories. I could go on and on.
I'd look for a model 17 K-22 masterpiece or something similar.

I stated with a Single Six. I love the fact that it was so slow and routine, easy to learn the manual of arms and how to maintain the gun. I shot it for years.

Then came my first carry gun, in a .357 magnum, before I bought another .22. Since then I have found the Smith & Wesson revolvers good solid guns.

Learning to shoot a double action revolver is the best pistol practice a person can get. Trigger control is second to none.

I too love the K22 Masterpiece and the Model 17 and 18 (4").

I have always felt that a revolver in .357 mag with a 4" barrel is an ideal first gun.You can start out with 38 spl target loads and work your way up to full blown magnum ammo.It is very versatile.

Back
Top Bottom