First CMP order! It's here!

No; antiques are 1898 and earlier.

T.
I think be able to accept "fixed" ammo and or rim fire/center fire ammo readily available in makes it a non antique?
When I read the antique laws/regs over at ATF web site I am stumped.

An antique is just defined as the receiver date. My 1893 Kar88 and 1890 Gew88 shoot the same 8mm round as my two 1916 M1898's - Gew98 and 98M, and two M1898 1939 and 1944 K98k's. The two former are antiques because of their receiver date, and even though the last four are model of 1898, they are not antiques as they have receiver dates after 1898.

T.

An antique is just defined as the receiver date. My 1893 Kar88 and 1890 Gew88 shoot the same 8mm round as my two 1916 M1898's - Gew98 and 98M, and two M1898 1939 and 1944 K98k's. The two former are antiques because of their receiver date, and even though the last four are model of 1898, they are not antiques as they have receiver dates after 1898.

T.

well that may be the case but reading the ATF regulations I see it a little different? antique it maybe but will fall under NFA quide lines ?
Any hows M1 is not old enough... http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/...irearms-verification-nfa-antique-firearm.html

RM1SAS M1 Garand Springfield Service Grade
Order #
Sent application: 12/23/13
Received: 12/31/13
DBU: 01/21/14
Estore:
CC:
Ship:
Delivered:

the ball is rolling! hopefully they charge my credit card before it expires at the end of January...i could see this delaying my order further. I didn't have my new card yet at the time, so hopefully they just call or email to expedite the process instead of delaying my order unneccesarily.

-Mike

Order #
Estore:
CC:
Ship:
Delivered:

the ball is rolling! hopefully they charge my credit card before it expires at the end of January...i could see this delaying my order further. I didn't have my new card yet at the time, so hopefully they just call or email to expedite the process instead of delaying my order unneccesarily.

-Mike

They will call. Just happened to me last month

Order #
Estore:
CC:
Ship:
Delivered:

-Mike

You could always give them the heads up - that way they can do the paperwork now and just charge you when they're ready.

Here are my two Garands. Lighter one is '53 HRA service grade, CMP wood with 6 coats of PTO and wax. "Red" one is the Nov '42 SA service grade I got last week out of the box.
I never knew what CMP was until I joined here. Now I need a 12 step program.

.jpg photo1.JPG ,

I believe the H&R were not in production during WW2. They were produced during the Korean War? Not sure. My history knowledge isn't that good.

Springfield Armory is Springfield, MA. H&R at the time (I'm pretty sure) was based in Worcester, MA. They didn't start producing until 1953, and I think they were all done by 1956.

My H&R Garand is all matching parts (minus the stock, which is new CMP wood). Easier to find, I think, because they are younger. My SA is a WWII receiver, but the rest of the parts are from all over (both in space and in time). Danish barrel from 1960, Italian trigger, and lots of newer SA parts (bolt, op rod, etc.)

There were other manufacturers too.. Winchester, International Harvester, even Beretta.

The good thing with the HRA is they are lightly used. More often than not the HRA are in very very good condition. Not that the springfields are bad but just been beat up a tad more.

Wow that auction is going for crazy money.

Watch this cmp auction site frequently and you will see some high priced stuff.
There was a run of uberti 10x sniper scopes 5k, various other items well into the thousands.... so when you get your cmp service grade special and think its correct or unissued think again....

anyone get a garand lately?

Been a while since I have seen any garands arrive. Anyone still waiting.

Just from what orest has been hinting to and the articles in GCA. There just is not axlot of win or ihc. Lots of hinting that they will be auction only. If you look at the auction there have been handfulls of win ihc. In all conditions listing. Along with a fair amount of unissued HRA. One thing for sure is orest has already implied most people will not be happy with the ihc price tags....they ain't gonna be 650!

Back
Top Bottom