First CMP order! It's here!

I got one of the Winchesters offered as replacement for the Springfields. My order was sent in November, acknowledged in December and I received it at the end of February.

I think we'll see the IHC's in the $1100 range and up depending on how the receiver is stamped.

Whiskeyjim whats your order # ? I ordered mine in the beginning of Jan also. 497804. I never got an email asking if I wanted to switch but I would have declined anyway. This will probably be my only one and I have my mind set on a Springfield. My father was WIA in Dec of 44 so I added a sticky and a pic of the Purple Heart Plaque that I have on my wall asking for a 44 production if possible.

Greg

Deerdad I'm 49919x mailed in mid Jan, you're a few ahead of me in line. No email to switch here either. I might have taken an HRA if offered, but now think I will stick it out for an SA. I hope you get your 44, good luck. I added a sticky simply asking for a good shooter with decent wood. I got my ammo, clips, sling and bayo already.

if you've got a special request, don't rely on just the sticky to get it done. Once your order hits the e-store, send an email to customer service with your request.

I'm one of the poor saps patiently waiting since January for the CMP to fill the big backlog of Springfield service grade orders. With luck in maybe another month I will be celebrating my first M1.

Springfield service grade shipped! I ordered Jan 14, order #495404. Looks like I'll have it in hand this weekend. Hang in there guys, can't be long now!

[banana][banana]

Yeah I found an m84 with a USGI mount at the Wilmington show. Bought it from a member on here actually. Also have the cheek piece and flash hider.
I'm hope I get a decent one. So far the mail order has been good to me though.

Yabba-dabba-doo! Alabama to my doorstep in 18 hours!

Behold my Springfield service grade, muzzle 1+, throat 2. Ain't she a beauty? First thing I did after unpacking was my Clint imitation. Get off my lawn. [smile]

91f55e04-6181-4796-be36-a0339b89ce65_zps4ab4c0ec.jpg

Yabba-dabba-doo! Alabama to my doorstep in 18 hours!

Behold my Springfield service grade, muzzle 1+, throat 2. Ain't she a beauty? First thing I did after unpacking was my Clint imitation. Get off my lawn. [smile]

91f55e04-6181-4796-be36-a0339b89ce65_zps4ab4c0ec.jpg

Did you just go to the Anniston store and buy that? I'm like 2 hours away from there, and I've been thinking about getting another one. If I could just drive there and pick one up, I will.

Did you just go to the Anniston store and buy that? I'm like 2 hours away from there, and I've been thinking about getting another one. If I could just drive there and pick one up, I will.

No, I ordered it through their e-store. If I were two hours away from them, I would be there in two hours. I think they have rifles you can buy off the rack, but don't take my word for it, give them a call. I would be interested in hearing what you learn, as I will be moving that direction by the end of the year.

No, I ordered it through their e-store. If I were two hours away from them, I would be there in two hours. I think they have rifles you can buy off the rack, but don't take my word for it, give them a call. I would be interested in hearing what you learn, as I will be moving that direction by the end of the year.

Ahh, you threw me off with the Alabama to your doorstep in 18 hours, because that's how long it took me to drive down here...makes sense I guess. I don't think I'll have time this weekend to go there, but I'll give them a call next week sometime and see what the deal is.

Ahh, you threw me off with the Alabama to your doorstep in 18 hours, because that's how long it took me to drive down here...makes sense I guess. I don't think I'll have time this weekend to go there, but I'll give them a call next week sometime and see what the deal is.

Sorry, I was just commenting on how fast it shipped once I got the notice. They emailed me Thursday afternoon that it was shipping, and the Fedex man was at my door just after noon today.

Is the finish Greek Black? I'm having a hard time determining from photos.
I've seen the mint green park look like Greek Black on some pics.
I just got in a Greek Black (HRA-SG 56333XX) with CMP stock that needs a ton of tweaking.
Op-rod will barely move after follower has been depressed. Passes tilt test.
~Matt

are you just useing your finger or a loaded clip, try it with out the stock installed? I like a op rod that needs a slight nudge to close once you disengage the release.

Got the M1D all cleaned up and accessories put on. Have to say I am super happy with it. It was a mail order service grade so I had no idea what I was getting. What I received was really nice though. USGI finish on a 3.86 receiver. Makes it a June of 1945. Trigger group has dark black finish and was definitely tweaked at some point. No creep on the first stage and a very light second stage.
The front sight is a winchester I believe, has a punch mark and wide ears. Unfortunately it's cracked and looks like someone machined down the sight. I'm tossing around the idea of contacting customer service but I already replaced it with a spare IHC I had laying around.
Op rod is a nice IHC, has a high hump gas lock and NHC rear sight.
The wood was very very dry and the stock is USGI but has no markings. I swapped it out for a SA WW2 stock I had.
No ME or TE readings on the hang tag but on my CMP gauges it comes in at just over a 1 at the muzzle and a 2 on the throat. Should be a great shooter.
Here's a cell phone picture for now, I'll try to upload more soon.

Is the finish Greek Black? I'm having a hard time determining from photos.
I've seen the mint green park look like Greek Black on some pics.
I just got in a Greek Black (HRA-SG 56333XX) with CMP stock that needs a ton of tweaking.
Op-rod will barely move after follower has been depressed. Passes tilt test.
~Matt

I'm not sure who's talking to who here. I don't know what Greek Black is, I'm assuming you mean the parkerizing. How would I tell?

Back
Top Bottom