Finally glock got the hint.. teases on a single stack 9mm- Glock 43 Megathread

It's part of the fun of NES. It's getting close to the time when I need to post another "your gun sucks" thread, so that all the oxes can get gored and it can get out of the system. I don't think this is so much glock thing as it is people making fun of the massive amount of salivation over one pistol, LMAO.

-Mike

Your gun does suck, bro.

A Dummy's Guide to Photoshop ?

[rofl]

I think its pretty real. The glock 19 originally had a flat barrel hood but they slope'd it after issues with the nypd right?
From my educated thoughts:

They did what sig does to the 290.. to keep the weight for the slide, they made it slightly taller? which inturn makes the slope more drastic?

Last edited:
I'm hopeing for a 26/27 size just thinner. The 42 is waaaaay to small for my mitts. If it doesn't happen I'm going to have to go with SA XD mod 2.

I think its pretty real. The glock 19 originally had a flat barrel hood but they slope'd it after issues with the nypd right?

I've not seen a single Glock with a sloped barrel hood. Ever. That's like a sig ish thing, and even the slopes on those barrels aren't that steep/weird looking. They're all square/flat on the top, and when the hood locks into the barrel , it's usually only below the "plane" of the slide by a tiny amount... not only that but the height of the slide is just out of proportion. Makes the thing look like an XD, lol. Just look at that ad while listening to this song, it'll make sense... [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Glock 43 - Single Stack 9mm

So it appears real info has been leaked: [video]https://youtu.be/uQxthaOJ8Dw[/video]

I'm pissed. 6+1? $580 MSRP? Come on Glock!

I was sure I'd be selling my Ruger LC9s and getting this the moment it came out. Between these details and the reliability issues the early G42s had, it looks like I'll pass. I may be alone on this but I'm thoroughly disappointed.

bsZU8Sk_zpsu0l4yjqf.jpg

It's not going to be a 43. Why does everyone think Glock goes in numerical order? I so hope it's not a single stack 9mm. Just to listen to the crying and then all the hype during the next announcement.

So it appears real info has been leaked: [video]https://youtu.be/uQxthaOJ8Dw[/video]

I'm pissed. 6+1? $580 MSRP? Come on Glock!

What did you expect for a single-stack compact? It was going to be 6 + 1 or 7 + 1. As for the MSRP, in free states it will likely sell below that.

$100 a round, damn.

What does that have to do with anything?

The basic cost for a gun isn't dependent upon whether it is single stack or double stack. And the choice between single stack or double stack isn't made based on economics. I don't choose to carry my single-stack Kahr PM9 because of economics. I don't choose to carry my double-stack Glock 19 because of economics.

I carry my Kahr PM9 when I want to carry something small and unobtrusive in a pocket. I carry my Glock 19 when I can get away with carrying a moderately sized gun on my belt.

I don't like the Shield. My girlfriend has one and there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't care for it. I was hoping the G43 would be the size, price, and round capacity or a Shield... but as a Glock. It needs to have one more round and be closer to $400 retail (as is, it will retail over $500).

I was hoping the G43 would be the size, price, and round capacity or a Shield... but as a Glock. It needs to have one more round and be closer to $400 retail (as is, it will retail over $500).

6 + 1 vs 7 + 1? For me, I just don't see an important difference there. Nor does $400 vs. $500 matter to me -- with the cost of ammunition, $100 is lost in the wash.

For me, what is important is how the gun works for me. The Kahr PM9 works for me as a pocket gun. The Kahr K9/P9 works for me as a very thin, single stack belt gun. The Glock 19/23 works for me as a double-stack, belt gun.

from that picture it doesn't look much slimmer than a G26.

my gut says we may have another story along the lines of the G36, just in 9mm this time around....but then again my gut is often wrong especially after i eat spicy food.

- - - Updated - - -

The numbers represent the number of patents that Glock has. If it is their 43rd patent, it will be a model 43.

i can assure you that Glock has way more than 43 patents at least in the US....this may have been historically true WRT the G17 but who knows if that's still the case.

That's because the picture is photoshopped garbage, LOL.

-Mike

i'm not so sure about that....i guess we shall see soon. a few youtoube experts seem to think it's a real picture, which means it must be real.

however if this G43 that has everyone jizzing their pants ends up being a G26 that's 2 oz lighter, 2 mm narrower and holding 4 less rounds, the NES whining parade will be ****ing epic.

i'm not so sure about that....i guess we shall see soon. a few youtoube experts seem to think it's a real picture, which means it must be real.

I'm pretty sure it is fake. Why would Glock release pics to some magazine but hold out on everyone else? Doesn't make sense, for starters. That, and the pics just look doctored to me. The slide/barrel interface and proportions just look off. The slide is too tall, amongst other things.

however if this G43 that has everyone jizzing their pants ends up being a G26 that's 2 oz lighter, 2 mm narrower and holding 4 less rounds, the NES whining parade will be ****ing epic.

People are gonna whine regardless of what it is, it'll never be good enough. [laugh]

-Mike

The numbers represent the number of patents that Glock has. If it is their 43rd patent, it will be a model 43.

Wait! What?

I'm not 100% sure that that's still the case but it definitely started that way, and they've been naming them sequentially ever since. E.g.

G17 = Gaston Glock's 1st firearm and 17th patent (with the first 16 involving curtain rods &/or knives)
G18 = Full auto variant
G19 = Compact model
And so on......

Last edited:
G17 = Gaston Glock's 1st firearm and 17th patent (with the first 16 involving curtain rods &/or knives)
G18 = Full auto variant
G19 = Compact model
And so on......

...sources tell me the G44 will be a delayed blowback penis pump (the good news is it comes with 4 interchangeable backstraps)

i'm sure mag-guts will make a follower to increase the mag to +1, in which case it's at least to 7+1 which is solid.

Back
Top Bottom