Barrel Length 3.39" 3.25" 3.42"
Length of Twist 9.84" 9.84" 9.84"
Trigger Travel 0.49" .49" .49"
Line of Sight 5.20" 4.92" 5.39"
Pistol Weight w/o Magazine 16.19 oz 13.76 oz 21.71 oz
Barrel Profile Right Hand Twist Hexagonal
G43 Magazine Capacity 6+1

#battleworn

Why train hard when you can go hard in the paint. lol When your gun looks like it operated... but your sights be squeaky clean.
3392808_01_custom_glock_30s_640.jpg

Mind=Blown....is that all I have to do to operate operationally? All that money I've wasted on reloading components, and time I've wasted on training could have been used to round out my pokemon collection.

why didn't they include the p938 in that comparison?...they have the same capacity...looks like the cm9/pm9 is smaller and has the same capacity...i was waiting for this release till i made my choice between the pm9, p938, (maybe the g42 as well) and this g43...i think the pm9 is going to be the way to go for me since i'd like something a little smaller for the summer

This will be an interesting study in the market place for Glock. They've waited so long to get on the field with this, that there are several guns that already reside in the slot they're trying to fill with this gun. Shield, XDs, LC9 all do the job pretty well, IMO, and as several people have stated, folks have bought these guns as a 'placeholder' until Glock blesses them with the single stack 9mm, which they've done.

Are people going to flock to this thing and dump their other small pistols just 'cuz Glock? Or did Gaston wait too long on this, and will he be disappointed in the launch sales?

My money is on the former, in which case there will probably be a bunch of good, serviceable compacts for sale in the near future.

Shield, XDs, LC9 all do the job pretty well, IMO, and as several people have stated, folks have bought these guns as a 'placeholder' until Glock blesses them with the single stack 9mm, which they've done.

Are people going to flock to this thing and dump their other small pistols just 'cuz Glock? Or did Gaston wait too long on this, and will he be disappointed in the launch sales?

I'm a self-proclaimed Glock fanboy. I did exactly what you say here. I bought an LC9s as a placeholder until the Glock 43 came out. Now that I've seen the measly 6+1 capacity and MSRP higher than a G19 (which means retail, even after it settles, will be way above a Shield or LC9s) I'm not sold. I say after all this wait, the final product is overpriced and holds too few rounds. I'll be keeping my Ruger and foregoing the Glock.

I'm a self-proclaimed Glock fanboy. I did exactly what you say here. I bought an LC9s as a placeholder until the Glock 43 came out. Now that I've seen the measly 6+1 capacity and MSRP higher than a G19 (which means retail, even after it settles, will be way above a Shield or LC9s) I'm not sold. I say after all this wait, the final product is overpriced and holds too few rounds. I'll be keeping my Ruger and foregoing the Glock.

Ditto, except I've got a Shield.

I had some problems with my Kahr PM9. Magazine issues, and finicky with ammo.
I really wanted to like it. It just proved unreliable for me.
I bought mine when they first came out years ago. I'm not sure any design changes of been made since then. I haven't been following Kahr since.
These were some of the issues back then.
[video=youtube_share;LPa3MtWkias]http://youtu.be/LPa3MtWkias[/video]

I bought mine when they first came out years ago. I'm not sure any design changes of been made since then. I haven't been following Kahr since.
[video=youtube_share;LPa3MtWkias]http://youtu.be/LPa3MtWkias[/video]

I remember when they were having those issues. They've all been resolved from what I've read. I've since purchased a PM9 and it's been flawless.

Soo might not be any point in getting a 43 since it's the same size as my Shield.

The shield will be ever so slightly fatter and heavier, and have worse resale value. Particularly if you have the one with the safety on it, lol. That said, if I was in your shoes I probably wouldn't buy a 43 either, they're more or less a similar class of gun. .

-Mike

This will be an interesting study in the market place for Glock. They've waited so long to get on the field with this, that there are several guns that already reside in the slot they're trying to fill with this gun. Shield, XDs, LC9 all do the job pretty well, IMO, and as several people have stated, folks have bought these guns as a 'placeholder' until Glock blesses them with the single stack 9mm, which they've done.

My money is on the former, in which case there will probably be a bunch of good, serviceable compacts for sale in the near future.

None of this matters, because a shitload of people will buy it because it's a Glock. I doubt people are gonna dump similar class guns to get one of these... eg, you're not gonna see Kahr P9, CW9, and PM9 owners (although it's arguable the PM9 is in a class by itself, compared to pretty much everything else) nano owners, LC9s owners, shield owners, jumping ship. Glock doesn't care- because it knows there are a whole bunch of people who either don't own a small gun like this yet, or a bunch of Glock fanbois (myself included) who will buy it cause its's a Glock. That and they will get a shitload of LE sales either from guys wanting it as a BUG or an off duty gun, particularly if it ends up under the LE sales program with a fat discount. .

-Mike

You had a broken gun. The only outstanding issues on most I see is the racking issue- although Kahr basically says right in the manual not to slingshot the gun anyways, so that is sort of moot. On most production PM9s you break the thing in, clean it, it works. Some people have mentioned the slide lock edge is sharp, but on the last one I played with, it didn't seem to be to me. Maybe they had some QC issues.

-Mike

You had a broken gun. The only outstanding issues on most I see is the racking issue- although Kahr basically says right in the manual not to slingshot the gun anyways, so that is sort of moot. On most production PM9s you break the thing in, clean it, it works. Some people have mentioned the slide lock edge is sharp, but on the last one I played with, it didn't seem to be to me. Maybe they had some QC issues.

-Mike
It's quite possible a large batch came out of the factory ****ed up or had a design flaw. I recall LOTS of people having issues. I could never get over that dangling last round in the magazine either. You couldn't just throw it in your pocket. That hanging round would get snagged on shit too. Kahr told me it was designed that way. I don't know if it's since been redesigned,but I couldn't get over that.
Not bashing. Just my experience, FWIW.

It's quite possible a large batch came out of the factory ****ed up or had a design flaw. I recall LOTS of people having issues. I could never get over that dangling last round in the magazine either. You couldn't just throw it in your pocket. That hanging round would get snagged on shit too. Kahr told me it was designed that way. I don't know if it's since been redesigned,but I couldn't get over that.
Not bashing. Just my experience, FWIW.

Regarding that dangling round in the magazine, I regularly carry an extra mag in my rear pocket with no problems at all.

The PM9 (and CM9) are still the smallest 9mm semi-auto I know of. Yeah, there were some reports of problems, but there are reports of problems with pretty much every gun. I suspect with Kahrs, many of the problems were due to not breaking them in per the manual. Others may have been early manufacturing problems.

Regarding that dangling round in the magazine, I regularly carry an extra mag in my rear pocket with no problems at all.

The PM9 (and CM9) are still the smallest 9mm semi-auto I know of. Yeah, there were some reports of problems, but there are reports of problems with pretty much every gun. I suspect with Kahrs, many of the problems were due to not breaking them in per the manual. Others may have been early manufacturing problems.
I'm a stickler for going by what the manufacturer requires, so that wasn't the issue. And yes, every manufacturer has issues now and again. Like I said, this was just my experience. I've had issues with other guns as well including Glock, Seacamp & Ruger just to name a few.
Furthermore, I'd look at Kahr products again. I didn't stop buying Glocks because of my early G 36 problems. [laugh]

I can't wait for every retard on the internet with a gun based blog and/or YouTube channel to say they are a "big fan" or a "huge advocate" of this new glock after shooting a box of ammo through it.

Idk why, but those statements really get on my nerves.

I can't wait for every retard on the internet with a gun based blog and/or YouTube channel to say they are a "big fan" or a "huge advocate" of this new glock after shooting a box of ammo through it.

Idk why, but those statements really get on my nerves.

No different than the pre-internet days where every gun rag pretty much kissed the ass of every gun that was manufactured by an an advertiser in its magazine. You can open a gun rag and find numerous glowing reviews of Taurus handguns, for example.

What's the over/under on the NutNFancy review going past 45 minutes, though? [rofl]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom