• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FID compliant pistol caliber carbine?

Kar98 Sniper

Banned
What is the most badass agressive looking pistol caliber carbine on the market? FID compliance is a must. What would you go with? I'm into more than just function, I want a carbine that looks badass.

Would prefer .45 ACP but would settle for .40 S&W or 9mm.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Hipoint, they make a 4095 in .40 and the 995 in 9mm. there is soposed to be a .45 version coming out soon (it might even already be out).

Get the ATI stock for the Hi Point and it almost looks like a Beretta...
hipoint_orig.jpg

lg_BerettaCX4_lg.jpg

To bad about the FID because mine looks pretty bad ass.

DSC_0981.jpg

DSC_0982.jpg

Special Weapons SW45
.45 ACP
30 Round Modified Grease Gun Mags.
Welded Fake suppressor to get the barrel length.

Gary, did you read the thread title?

OP is looking for a FID compliant carbine!

Uzi would certainly not qualify.

Quoted directly from the MA Hi-cap List (requiring LTC-B minimum):
IMI
UZI Carbine

The biggest problem here is getting a dealer to sell someone a
PCC.... you'd have to convince a lot of dealers that a magazine
fed PCC isn't going to run afoul of the regs. This is very
similar to the problem with getting Ruger Minis and 10/22s- basically
if a dealer sees a mag visibly protruding from the bottom of the
rifle, or the rifle accepts commonly found high-caps they often get
the willies about selling that kind of a gun to an FID holder,
regardless of the fact that in many cases, they could legally do
so as long as they only provide 10 round mags with it.

Might I suggest something radically different? An M1 Garand is
probably an FID holders best friend, IMO. I know if I was saddled
with only an FID I'd buy an M1 long before I got a PCC.

-Mike

The biggest problem here is getting a dealer to sell someone a
PCC.... you'd have to convince a lot of dealers that a magazine
fed PCC isn't going to run afoul of the regs. This is very
similar to the problem with getting Ruger Minis and 10/22s- basically
if a dealer sees a mag visibly protruding from the bottom of the
rifle, or the rifle accepts commonly found high-caps they often get
the willies about selling that kind of a gun to an FID holder,
regardless of the fact that in many cases, they could legally do
so as long as they only provide 10 round mags with it.

Might I suggest something radically different? An M1 Garand is
probably an FID holders best friend, IMO. I know if I was saddled
with only an FID I'd buy an M1 long before I got a PCC.

-Mike

Not really a pistol calibre carbine though. I do agree with you - a Garand is probably a better bet for an FID holder - it will be more expensive than a PCC carbine to get a good one. You can make them badass too:

GarandLarge.jpg

H&K USC modified to look like a UMP is probably one of the cooler looking, don't shoot so good though

A%20UMP%20SHORT%20FS.jpg

This is the STock USC, they only came with 10 round mags

USC2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gary, did you read the thread title?

OP is looking for a FID compliant carbine!

Uzi would certainly not qualify.

Quoted directly from the MA Hi-cap List (requiring LTC-B minimum):

sry len, i did read it , but mind wasn't working today

garyz

That is a wild Garand up there. Don't think I have ever see one set up like that!

My guess is that the Beretta is not FID compliaint. It can accept high-cap 15 and 20 round factory mags and 30 round aftermarket mags.

Time to apply for an LTC...

It can accept high-cap 15 and 20 round factory mags and 30 round aftermarket mags.

So can my 1911 and I've seen the 20+ mags for it!

DOESN'T MAKE IT A HI-CAP GUN!!

Better spend some time reading the gov't issued lists and MGLs before trying to interpret them.

Just makin a guess Len... for the sake of conversation. I wasn't really trying to interpret anything. The nice thing is, I just learned something from you.

;o)

It's a frequent point of "mass confusion".

Quoted directly from the Large Capacity Weapons Roster 10-2007. [Can be found on the EOPS Website]

This roster has been compiled in accordance with M.G.L. c.140, §131¾. It contains weapons determined to have been originally manufactured for the civilian retail consumer market as large capacity weapons as defined by M.G.L. c. 140, § 121. Weapons not listed on this roster may also be large capacity weapons if they are semi-automatic and are capable of accepting or readily modifiable to accept a large capacity feeding device. Definitions of ‘capable of accepting’ and ‘readily modifiable to accept’ are defined in 501 CMR 7.02.

NOTE: Unless otherwise exempted by M.G.L. c. 140, §121, the term ‘large capacity weapon’ shall apply to all semiautomatic weapons equipped with a large capacity feeding device, including any such weapons not listed on this roster.”

The bolded & red parts are the key. If you POSSESS BOTH the gun and a "large capacity feeding device" than in that case it is "hi cap" and needs the higher license. If you possess only the gun, it was originally sold to the CIVILIAN market with 10 rds or less capacity and is NOT on the List, then it is not a "hi cap" gun.

Our objective is for folks to learn. [wink]

Last edited:
See prior post. I hit wrong key and it posted without the text I needed to add to explain.

"capable of accepting" means any semi-auto gun, but by itself is confusing since ALL mag fed guns are "capable" (if someone were to make a hi-cap mag for it). We saw a drum mag for a 1911 at the Concord, NH gun show!!!

It's a frequent point of "mass confusion".

Quoted directly from the Large Capacity Weapons Roster 10-2007. [Can be found on the EOPS Website]
If you POSSESS BOTH the gun and a "large capacity feeding device" than in that case it is "hi cap" and needs the higher license. If you possess only the gun, it was originally sold to the CIVILIAN market with 10 rds or less capacity and is NOT on the List, then it is not a "hi cap" gun.

Now that is something I truely did not know. Reading the passage I understood it (for many years) a totally different way. Very interesting - Thanks.

I have never seen the 1911 drums in person- only in the catalogs. They are pretty cool hugh? How much were they asking, do you remember?

BTW: A Google search tells me that 501 CMR 7.02 is NOT available to the public as an online document. One hit offered to "sell it to me" . . . silly me, I thought I already paid for it with my tax money. [rolleyes]

Think they were ~$80.

Laws aside, I'd worry about the weight of that much .45 ammo pulling on the mag release latch in the gun.

Ron Glidden did 5 seminars at BR&P for us and went over that point as to what is hi-cap, so I am certain about what is intended here. I just checked Ron's book and he prints 501 CMR 7.02, which lists nothing that I could see that would address this!! [rolleyes] [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom