• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dumb guy at the range

And the guys/gals shooting 10-ring with old rifles you've never seen before chambered in calibers you never knew existed are the Mr. Miyagis of the shooting world. They look like FUDDs but can give you at least five minutes of advice on how to improve your gun's accuracy using these simple tricks.

You'll ignore them but within five years you'll have unknowingly implemented their suggestions, suddenly realizing they ninja-adviced your ass subconciously.

Last edited:
And the guys/gals shooting 10-ring with old rifles you've never seen before chambered in calibers you never knew existed are the Mr. Miyagis of the shooting world. They look like FUDDs but can give you at least five minutes of advice on how to improve your gun's accuracy using these simple tricks.

You'll ignore them but within five years you'll have unknowingly implemented their suggestions, suddenly realizing they ninja-adviced your ass subconciously.

Or they'll just keep mag dumping and call it good if half of it stays under the berm and poking fun of fudds online.
Not that mag dumps aren't fun , but I do love it when someone shows up at the range looking like an extra from universal soldier and can't even hit the target board , never mind the target.

I was the dumb guy last night. I need to chrono some trial loads and since snow was forcast for today I went last night. The club's outdoor range is lit and open late Friday. After setting up the tripod and chrono I turned on the chrono. The randomly rolling numbers in it's display reminded me that those florescent and sodium vapor lights blink at 120hz making the chrono useless. I clearly didn't think things through [rofl].

I packed up without having fired a shot. At least it's not snowing much now[laugh]

A little long but a few good points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxukcqPGQA

watch

So when I'm carrying in a kydex holster on a leather belt while shooting my Garand... wtf does that make me??
A dork. But that has nothing to do with holster or gun.

Further question - What if you're dressed in full combat gear ca.1943 and shooting a Garand or Mosin? Is that tacticool?

A dork. But that has nothing to do with holster or gun.

Further question - What if you're dressed in full combat gear ca.1943 and shooting a Garand or Mosin? Is that tacticool?

Not tacticool.....That's just pure awesome.

Someday I'm gonna make it to one of the Siberian shoots uo in Maine in the winter where they all show up in full 1940s Soviet uniforms with mosin nagants. THAT would be epic.

Last edited:
Last edited:
maybe it was the checkmark for Glock in the Zombies category. That's gonna spell trouble for M*******s...lot's of zombies, few glocks

My humble apologies, I copied late and it caught the next load vid, I meant to do this one, he is in front of the large red firing line, and this seems ok to the other guys who are ok firing. Other safety ignored, closing action and then walk back. And imo with cameras, try learning to shoot safely first, before you film yourself, seems like people have too much concentration on the camera, and not enough on the gun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tok8dgG0L_o

Closing action and walking back is a safety violation? What planet do you live on?

He's barely in front of the line, and frankly the line is an artificial creation/idea. Nothing about the line protects you from being shot.

Honestly there's nothing in this video I thought was dangerous.

Closing action and walking back is a safety violation? What planet do you live on?

He's barely in front of the line, and frankly the line is an artificial creation/idea. Nothing about the line protects you from being shot.

Well, he is exposing his thumb to slide bite. Also, I saw no eye pro.

I'd have a problem with another shooter advancing beyond the line - while one step may not be dangerous, you may not know if he's going to keep walking - more of an etiquette thing. When Handicap Trap is shot, there can be up to a 3-yard difference between the shooters, but all know that that's what people are doing.

Oh, at my Club, there's a physical barrier, so people can't walk forward.

I was at an outlaw practical pistol event when visiting a friend, a guy was there with his 2 nephews. they were wrestling around in between stages and were told to stop by the RO, about a minute later they start up again when the uncle un-holstered his 1911 put it to his nephews stomach and pulled the trigger..... everybody freaked out and the RO kicked them out. the uncles reply was "oh chill the f.... out, it wasn't loaded"

If this happened in front of me, the uncle would NOT have left with his 1911

Years ago, the brass rat at the Barnstable town range started picking up brass on the line while I was shooting my pistol. Next thing I know he starts walking down range while I'm still firing. I packed up and left. Another time I had a environmental or fish & game cop walk up to check my range permit while I was actively shooting.

I also got the date mixed up once, and was shooting first thing in the morning, when about 3 or 4 vehicles full of SWAT guys pulled up. They had the range closed and reserved for them that day and yhey had just got down with some drug raid and were all pumped up and crap. One just came over to me and said (in a friendly way, btw) "Hey, sorry, the range is closed today, so finish the mag you got, but you gotta go."

I had to yell at that same guy. He was an old frail-looking guy who didn't even have a range permit. He would park his shitty Hyundai or whatever it was next to the gate and walk up to the firing lines. I didn't collect pistol brass back then but I always saved all my rifle brass. One day I was on the far left of the 100 yard benches shooting my FAL, and no lie, that old f*ck was standing over my right shoulder holding a plastic bag out in front of him, catching my brass coming out of the ejection port. I noticed him there about halfway through my first mag, stopped and yelled "WTF are you doing a$$hole?!!! How many times do I have to tell you to stop stealing my brass?!!!" He started laughing and in a flippant and patronizing tone said "Oh jeez I'm real sorry young fella. Oh boy I don't wanna piss off someone with a gun!" and walked away. I almost lost it. I calmed down, let him take the 10 pieces or so of brass he caught in mid-air, and I never saw him again after that.

And I too was kicked off the shotgun range one day when all the SWATs were there lighting up the 25 yard range. He was a Sergeant I think and he walked over and said "You can't be here today." I asked him if I could just finish busting the last pile of 8 or 9 clays from my foot-operated thrower and he said "No. GTFO." [laugh] Jeezuz.

Ah, the Barnstable range...what an experience! [wink] Lots of new folks there and most treated me to great views of their muzzles! [frown]

I was also tossed out while on the shotgun range when the police took over the rifle/pistol areas....and like your story they were NOT polite about it.

Holds in left hand with finger on trigger, racks slide then switches hands and immediately putting finger on trigger before pointing downrange. Repeatedly looks/turns away from the target with his finger on the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom