• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do I really need a 10mm 1911???

I have a Sig Tac Ops in 10mm and it throws brass about 25 feet. Makes recovering brass rather difficult. I put in a 28 pound recoil spring and it made no difference. I hang a sheet next to me to catch the brass.

How do you like the Long Slide? Been one of those things I’ve been wanting but never pulled the trigger on.
REALLY like the shootability of the LS . I'm kinda glad I did not go with a traditional 5" bbl in 10mm as it "may" have been a bit too much recoil for my liking. The longer 6" bbl sight radius makes a noticeable difference in tightening up my groups at 50'+ distances.

IMG_20220209_173917791.jpg

Have the Glock 29.
i picked up the 20 several years ago. i have a perpetual hard on for glock anyway and the design has proven itself over a 40 year span. i honestly have one documented failure to feed with this pistol...a handload thru an aftermarket barrel. the problem was my load. it was easy to make this decision to buy the non 1911 version of a 10mm.

I have a Sig Tac Ops in 10mm and it throws brass about 25 feet. Makes recovering brass rather difficult. I put in a 28 pound recoil spring and it made no difference. I hang a sheet next to me to catch the brass.
Tell me more about your experience with the Sig Tac Ops 10mm. How’s the reliability? I’m guessing the fit, finish, and feel are excellent? Would you buy it again?

Only have one 10 mm.
wm_965881.jpg
Pic is not mine. 7" AMT Javelina. So far it has been good. Always a crap shoot with AMT. Wanted a hardballer in 7" but this us what I came across. Beggers can't be choosers.
I'll probably get a Sig at some point as I like the 220 in .45.

Back
Top Bottom