Disappointed ... 1st Bad deal in Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more respect for you now that I read his NEG rep he gave you. I’m not saying what you did was cool by any means. He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.
Maybe a link to the thread? That would be the ultimate feedback… lol!

Really, a little more honesty ... what more did I need to say .... that he texted me AFTER he sold it to someone else for more money! Instead of apologizing after the fact, how bout a call back 1st to inform me of his situation, that wasn't a situation when we agreed to terms ... so tell me how you trust someone that totally broke their word ...
I’m sorry I can’t go back and reread but how was it determined that he got more money? If that is truly the case then that is some sleazy cheese…

Really, a little more honesty ... what more did I need to say .... that he texted me AFTER he sold it to someone else for more money! Instead of apologizing after the fact, how bout a call back 1st to inform me of his situation, that wasn't a situation when we agreed to terms ... so tell me how you trust someone that totally broke their word ...
Yeah dude, I didn’t say he was in the right. You’re little butthurt comment is bullshit in my opinion, I also said you’re free to write what you like. In less than 15 words you could have given an honest assessment of what actually happened. “This seller accepted a higher bid after we agreed to terms, don’t trust him”. That’s actually what happened, you left your comment vague on purpose to provide the most damage. Jesus Christ this whole thing is over a used f***ing pistol that you didn’t lose a penny on, have some perspective.

You sound like the guy who got pissed at me when I traded my COP4 to the SECOND guy who posted an "I'll take it" instead of him (he posted first). I never said "first guy with $$$ gets it"; I took the trade I wanted. You never paid him, so you snooze, you lose. If you wanted it so bad, you should have made the effort to get him the money soonest.

You sound like the guy who got pissed at me when I traded my COP4 to the SECOND guy who posted an "I'll take it" instead of him (he posted first). I never said "first guy with $$$ gets it"; I took the trade I wanted. You never paid him, so you snooze, you lose. If you wanted it so bad, you should have made the effort to get him the money soonest.

Did you tell the first guy "deal" and agree to sell it to him? If you just skipped over his offer for another guy, I don't see anything wrong with that. Breaking an agreement is different.

This thread is interesting because when I was younger I was soooo that kid who would pull every used car salesman trick to maximize what I made selling something. I thought sucking another 100 bucks out of a buyer by any means necessary made me smart.......it didn't, it made me a dbag.

Life is better when you value small things like a handshake agreement over fleecing people, even when you know you f***ed up on your estimate, bid, selling price, etc. Key words: YOU f***ed up, not the other guy who simply agreed to your terms.

Really, alittle more honesty ... he had no problem texting me after he sold it. Should I have included the texts I received ...

"Sir I owe you an apology someone local had contacted me today about the colt and offered me over asking price and was able to meet immediately."

or his next text , ...

" Again I apologize. I know it's a scum bag move. I needed the cash."

Ok, so this makes it ok! .. how bout text me before, since we had a commitment .. obviously he had my direct contact number, again no ambiguity here.

Just saw your post Nick F ... the above text, answers your question, I believe..

Last edited:
We're probably at the point where PMs are appropriate, hmm?

Both parties have given their side, plenty of others have chimed in. I'm hoping the lesson is learned for @beauthecoonhound and that he'll be able to do many more deals in the future. I'd probably deal with either of these two.

I have more respect for you now that I read his NEG rep he gave you. I’m not saying what you did was cool by any means. He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.
When you go the sellers feedback, the brief summary of “don’t trust him” is just that, a brief summary. Click on that line and it takes you to an entire paragraph of why he titled it so.

I’m not picking sides, just thought I’d put this up here in case some people didn’t realize there may be more information available when you click on the summary. Some people add details as to why, some do not. The OP did in fact explain his position in the feedback.

That’s all I got to add to this thread that hasn't been covered.

Really, alittle more honesty ... he had no problem texting me after he sold it. Should I have included the texts I received ...

"Sir I owe you an apology someone local had contacted me today about the colt and offered me over asking price and was able to meet immediately."

or his next text , ...

" Again I apologize. I know it's a scum bag move. I needed the cash."

Ok, so this makes it ok! .. how bout text me before, since we had a commitment .. obviously he had my direct contact number, again no ambiguity here.

Just saw your post Nick F ... the above text, answers your question, I believe..
Publishing his texts isn’t the flex you think it is, it shows he apologized and was honest about what he did, The guy needed the cash and you’re dragging him over a used pistol. I’m happy you’ve never been in a tight spot with money, I bet it f***ing sucks.

Last edited:
Jesus OP, back and forth, forth and back on this minor world issue. It this really the most important thing in your life right now, because if it is (spending all this effort and time posting your hurt feelings), you must lead a charmed life.

You should be on the View.

Publishing his texts isn’t the flex you think it is, it shows he apologized and was honest about what he did, They guy needed the cash and you’re dragging him over a used pistol. I’m happy you’ve never been in a tight spot with money, I bet it f***ing sucks.

I'm not dragging him over the coals ... you ask and I explain, or should I say .. you have assumptions and I respond with facts .. I take no pleasure in this, I can have sympathy for his action and except his apology .. but it just doesn't make it ok ... I have yet to hear the words that gives me peace ... that he truly understands his actions diminished his credibility, not mine. Does Beau know how to handle this situation in the future, does he know what the right thing to do is .. and as for me being in a tough spot with money ... you have no idea about me .... but I know one thing .. wouldn't do what Beau did, under any circumstances. Period, but then I guess you would, and then just apologize afterwards and all would be ok in your world. I have made plenty mistakes in my life I regret ... but I learned to not repeat them. Sometimes others have to point it out to me to truly understand.

Jesus OP, back and forth, forth and back on this minor world issue. It this really the most important thing in your life right now, because if it is (spending all this effort and time posting your hurt feelings), you must lead a charmed life.

I started the thread ... am I not supposed to respond when questioned .. do I just throw it out there and then run for the hills .. actually thats exactly what I am doing, loading up the truck and heading to the Berkshires .. if you don't like it... don't click on it .. so I guess you must watch the View .. ;)

I'm not dragging him over the coals ... you ask and I explain, or should I say .. you have assumptions and I respond with facts .. I take no pleasure in this, I can have sympathy for his action and except his apology .. but it just doesn't make it ok ... I have yet to hear the words that gives me peace ... that he truly understands his actions diminished his credibility, not mine. Does Beau know how to handle this situation in the future, does he know what the right thing to do is .. and as for me being in a tough spot with money ... you have no idea about me .... but I know one thing .. wouldn't do what Beau did, under any circumstances. Period, but then I guess you would, and then just apologize afterwards and all would be ok in your world. I have made plenty mistakes in my life I regret ... but I learned to not repeat them. Sometimes others have to point it out to me to truly understand.
I never said the seller wasn’t in the wrong, you can react to him anyway you want, that’s your choice. I can also sit out here and judge both of you, it’s a built in feature of the internet. I can think your NEG rep was a punk move since it was intentionally vague and designed to be the most harmful to his rep. Additionally, your original post left out that he was honest and apologized. If you’re going to call a seller out why not provide those last two details, it seems important in the court of public opinion. In the end, a guy in a tight spot financially took a higher offer, it’s not cool but life goes on.

Geezus....are you making a mountain out of a molehill or what? Get over it and move on. If I whined about no shows and being ghosted every time it happened, I'd have no time to do anything else. Was it a sucky move? Yes, but the continual rant is turning into a joke. Rant: 1 out of 10.

There are at least two classes of (secretly) motivated sellers whose situation
plenty of NESers can't (or won't) appreciate:
  1. People who thought they were going to flip guns as a side-hustle, but suck at it, and have to liquidate inventory to pay for groceries.
  2. People faced with unanticipated bills (you've got cancer!), no liquid assets, and a pile of guns'n'ammo they frankly couldn't afford in the first place.
It's not hard to imagine people in those positions cutting ethical corners
to pay their bills. Just as it's not hard to imagine prospective buyers driving
a harder bargain when they know the seller is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

People not leaving feedback is more of a pressing issue to me ! I have probably done 10 transactions since my last feedback.. It's not fair !
05165578cbb7032010913c076ae527fc107fb2-wm.jpg
The seller could have said that he has a guy in line waiting for him to setup a meeting place... Buyer(being as it's such a good deal) said I can meet you(seller) in 20 minutes for $100 over your asking price and block from your house..

Now is where ethics kicks in..
Cue the old joke about the shopkeeper who finds a $20 on the floor,
which begs the ethical issue...
Should he tell his business partner?

I’ll never get these ten minutes back… 🙄
I lubricate my keyboard with NAPA/Balkamp Sil-Glyde.
What do you use to make your <Page Down> key run fast?
dcfdb8cc-44fe-4ed6-855a-bf0e0f37e4ef.2698c7aea223d6ba93741bb0d45c5ce2.jpeg

In what other situation, online or physical store, would it be reasonable for someone to say they’d like to buy a product, just not now, but in a week or two, and it be reasonable for the seller/business to be obliged to wait and turn down customers, and without a deposit?

If we are talking about honoring your word, is it not a two way street? If someone agrees to sell something, someone must also have agreed to buy it. Surely there is a time frame, no? If I see something posted I want, and say I’ll take it, can I wait years? Months? Weeks?

It’s not as if on Friday he said he’d take it, and planned to meet on Sunday, and Saturday he sells it to someone else. He wanted the guy to wait a week or more.

In what other situation, online or physical store, would it be reasonable for someone to say they’d like to buy a product, just not now, but in a week or two, and it be reasonable for the seller/business to be obliged to wait and turn down customers, and without a deposit?
Depends upon the state of the economy and the seller's perception of the buyer's reliability.

People not leaving feedback is more of a pressing issue to me! I have probably done 10 transactions since my last feedback..
Yeah, that sucks. But I refuse to beg for feedback. Instead, I tell people to look at my feedback left for others to tell how many successful deals I have done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom