Disappointed ... 1st Bad deal in Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a drywall lift off CL. No problems. I'll be flipping here when I'm done with it. Much better and cheaper than renting, and I dont feel rushed.

I did similar with alumapole pump jacks. Bought used for a good price from a guy moving back to Ireland, used them for a year residing and retriming a house. Sold them and actually made $100 or so profit. If I can buy for a good price, use them sell and break even or close, then I’ll do that.

So you decided to throw out a stupid question as an obscure method of understanding. And here I just thought you had no ability to transfer cash online. You were just being a wiseass. Got it.
Someone so uninformed as to be unaware of the concept of a rhetorical question (or someone incapable of understanding same) should be careful about using the word "stupid", lest one find one's posts being used as examples of the concept of "irony".

Good lord there was a lot read here. He did contact me on Friday and I did agree to sell the firearm to him. He would be traveling a bit and wasn’t able to meet this weekend from what I understood. We were trying to meet next weekend due to me getting out of work late weekdays. Someone had contacted me and said they could meet before the end of the day on Saturday.I didn’t feel great about it but I have a few guns posted due to me needing some cash right now. I felt terrible about and sent the guy an apology. I know is a greasy move but I’ve had multiple people contact me about other gun purchases and have backed out after agreeing to purchase. I’ve never went on to post about them being dishonorable. My man again if you are reading this I apologize it wasn’t personal.

Good lord there was a lot read here. He did contact me on Friday and I did agree to sell the firearm to him. He would be traveling a bit and wasn’t able to meet this weekend from what I understood. We were trying to meet next weekend due to me getting out of work late weekdays. Someone had contacted me and said they could meet before the end of the day on Saturday.I didn’t feel great about it but I have a few guns posted due to me needing some cash right now. I felt terrible about and sent the guy an apology. I know is a greasy move but I’ve had multiple people contact me about other gun purchases and have backed out after agreeing to purchase. I’ve never went on to post about them being dishonorable. My man again if you are reading this I apologize it wasn’t personal.
All you can do is move on. Thanks for being man enough for pointing out you were wrong and apologizing.

For all the bullshit shit talking this forum does about "this generation and that generation" one thing they fail to mention is the near universal lack of the ability to admit fault and apologize.

I have some experience with both parties. Turbo38 and I live in western MA, and he has a busy shop building fast cars for guys that want them yesterday. If he said he'd buy an item, that's all i'd need to know. He would buy it.
Couple of months ago Mr. Coonhound had another gun for sale, and I contacted him. We had a conversation going, but I never got to say yes or no, as he disappeared and never replied or let me know he had sold it. Not the same circumstances, but not the type of experience I've had with other NES people. He went on the "No future deals" list and I forgot about it until today.
You and 5 other people contacted me about a revolver I posted within the first hour. If I didn’t get back to you I apologize. The gun was posted sold within the first hour(FTF meeting) and then removed shortly after. I may not have much feedback but I have bought and sold more than a few firearms with this forum and never had any issues until now.

You and 5 other people contacted me about a revolver I posted within the first hour. If I didn’t get back to you I apologize. The gun was posted sold within the first hour(FTF meeting) and then removed shortly after. I may not have much feedback but I have bought and sold more than a few firearms with this forum and never had any issues until now.

I’m starting to realize some of you don’t do much online trading. Don’t understand the strength of a deposit or weakness of a shipping request.

When someone lists an item for sale they don’t want to play text games or go shopping to mull it over for a bit. Nail that shit down. Be serious about it. Understand there are others who can and will take the sale right out of your hands.

Adhere to the above before your deal becomes “Toast”.

I recently was a seller and I bailed on a deal. New buyer. No posts, no feedback, account 2 months old.

We went back and forth for over a week trying to finalize on a meeting spot and time. Part of it was me because I didn't want to drive 60 miles each way for a $250 item. Finally settled on a day but no time. I had indicated that before noon was a good time frame for me because I was busy in the afternoon. I heard nothing for 2 days and including the morning of the day the deal was suppose to happen. I figured I was ghosted.

During the whole conversation the buyer never actually said or communicated their actual name. Finally around 3 or 4 in the afternoon of the day of deal I get a message "U Around". I respond and then I was told the buyer was going to be around for an hour at the proposed meeting spot and I needed to come right away. I though about it some and actually packed up the item for sale, climbed in my truck and was going to go but I had a bad feeling about the whole thing. My gut feelings told me not to go so I told the buyer I was bailing out based on new account, no feedback, no real name etc. and I had a bad feeling on the deal.

I was ready to take a negative rep for bailing but that didn't happen. I've done a lot of deals here. Anyone who has dealt with me knows I'm a standup guy but this deal was different. Just didn't feel right and the fact the seller never actually told me their name bugged me.
That's not a closed deal at all and there should be no penalty for bailing on something that had no chance of happening. The key is usually seller or buyer, or both rolls out the red carpet/silver platter in a day or two if that doesn't happen the deal is toast. Usually as the seller I try to pitch the meet terms (or provide a bracket of choices) unless the buyer is as experienced.

It helps to get people on the phone. Anything more than a few pm exchange and ya beachballing when its easier to get on the phone. People who aren't serious will not call you, acts as a big shit filter, too.

I’m starting to realize some of you don’t do much online trading. Don’t understand the strength of a deposit or weakness of a shipping request.

When someone lists an item for sale they don’t want to play text games or go shopping to mull it over for a bit. Nail that shit down. Be serious about it. Understand there are others who can and will take the sale right out of your hands.

Adhere to the above before your deal becomes “Toast”.

3. Get the buyer/seller on the phone. 90% of failed deal whining around here, a common characteristic is SMS/Texting or PM tag faggotry. A scheduled phone call brings the deal into the real world and anyone serious will do it. It also makes setting a meet more efficient..

Things like this happen. I’ve done around two dozen transactions through this forum. I can honestly say that I had to back out once and the seller was understanding. And he got +rep. But every other transaction has gone as smooth as one can hope for (except for one of my first a few years before green). I was buy some pews, agreed on a price, location, and time. I called when I arrived and the seller informed me he was changing the quantity because his son wanted some. Although aggravated, I told him ok and to come with the rest at the original ppr. He then changed that too. I was pretty furious that I was waiting at the arranged location for an hour when he wanted to give me less rounds for more money per round after we agreed. But like I said, things like this happen

3. Get the buyer/seller on the phone. 90% of failed deal whining around here, a common characteristic is SMS/Texting or PM tag faggotry. A scheduled phone call brings the deal into the real world and anyone serious will do it. It also makes setting a meet more efficient..

Yes definitely agree. I always throw my number out there to get the deal to a real feeling status. Texts and PMs are so unnaturally impersonal people have no problem bailing at the drop of a hat. But it’s ultra rare if you have their phone number…

OK ... so Beau ... here's the million dollar question ... you know you didn't handle this situation correctly ..... how should and would you handle it differently in the future. I'm not a novice at the buy\sell game. I knew this was a good deal, where typically, I would move immediately to close and finish it, for no other reason than eliminate the possibility of exactly what happened. But since we spoke directly on the phone, I felt comfortable you were honorable and wouldn't do something like you ultimately did ... If I had any indication you needed money asap, I would have made the time to go out there saturday.. but you never indicated that whatsoever. Heck, I would have got in my car and drove out there after we ended our phone call friday, if we could have done the transfer.. but again, you gave me no indication of time being an issue. Ultimately, I didn't want to and typically am not one to post a thread like this, but felt compelled to because this was such a kick in the butt. We had an open line of communication with the phone ... I just don't get why you didn't call me back, other than someone plain old just offered you more money ... period ..

Yes definitely agree. I always throw my number out there to get the deal to a real feeling status. Texts and PMs are so unnaturally impersonal people have no problem bailing at the drop of a hat. But it’s ultra rare if you have their phone number…
exactly, I always get a phone number and get them on, so as to get a feel for the seller ... which was the case here.. no doubt, read this one wrong. Hopefully Beau can learn from this .... but I still say the ultimate buyer knew it was sold after talking with Beau ... so he ain't much better ... maybe he could come out and justify his rationale .. after all why would he pay more, if he wasn't told it was sold!

This is why just being honest always beats sucking every red cent you can out of a deal. You think you won in the moment but cost yourself more down the road with a bad reputation.

Both are probably decent dudes, seller just got greedy and took the higher offer after the fact. Hopefully lesson learned.

I could not disagree more. Both a seller and buyer when the person says they will take it, its sold. If during the exchange in a few days a day cannot be reached then i will reach out to the next person who was interested. Someones word still means something to some people. I just sold one of my ak's last week on here. Three people said they would take it. The first person who said they would take it was from quite a distance away from me. I was more than willing to work with them to find a day to make it work even though the second person was much closer to me. Its called honoring your word. Your idea of "snooze" would apply if the person does not commit to saying they are buying it. Trying to work out two people's schedules isn't always easy. As someone who works many hours I more than most can respect people's scheduling issues. If i am looking to buy something i will typically stay away from people with your mind set. If i say i am buying it i am buying it. For me know to move around my whole schedule for you to sell it from under me is in my eyes dishonest.

this. The words “I’ll take it“ means SPF as long as no goose rules in the sellers add. If I see Goose Rules apply, I never finish or try to buy as I am Wmass as well. Just not worth the trouble.

I called when I arrived and the seller informed me he was changing the quantity because his son wanted some. Although aggravated, I told him ok and to come with the rest at the original ppr. He then changed that too. I was pretty furious that I was waiting at the arranged location for an hour when he wanted to give me less rounds for more money per round after we agreed...
F*ck that shit

exactly, I always get a phone number and get them on, so as to get a feel for the seller ... which was the case here.. no doubt, read this one wrong. Hopefully Beau can learn from this .... but I still say the ultimate buyer knew it was sold after talking with Beau ... so he ain't much better ... maybe he could come out and justify his rationale .. after all why would he pay more, if he wasn't told it was sold!
He could have told the buyer something like...I realized I have priced it to low so I'm going to take down my listing. But, if you will pay X and meet me at Y time, it's yours. There are a million versions of this.

I have more respect for you now that I read his NEG rep he gave you. I’m not saying what you did was cool by any means. He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.

I have more respect for you now that I read his NEG rep he gave you. I’m not saying what you did was cool by any means. He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.

Really, a little more honesty ... what more did I need to say .... that he texted me AFTER he sold it to someone else for more money! Instead of apologizing after the fact, how bout a call back 1st to inform me of his situation, that wasn't a situation when we agreed to terms ... so tell me how you trust someone that totally broke their word ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom