Disappointed ... 1st Bad deal in Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when we allowed open posting in classifieds 100 yrs ago, that still wasn't convention here. Both parties must agree otherwise nothing happens / there is no obligation for a specific seller to act etc.

The "I beat heywood jablome on the buzzer" thing is not so much a thing around here. Proper Closing of deals is. like setting terms. Then asking if the other guy agrees to those
terms. Be specific. Do whatever you can to make it easier for the other party/reduce the # of message exchanges. More info conveyed in less time is better Don't be a retard. its not that hard. COMMUNICATE. [laugh]

Then, and only then, can you relax and get a cup of coffee.

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsl1ZxnreDE

I have more respect for you now that I read his NEG rep he gave you. I’m not saying what you did was cool by any means. He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.

I've been following my thread here, didn't expect some of the comments and certainly didn't expect all the twist and turns. I appreciate the comments that took the time to understand where I was coming from and am trying to respect the comments that twisted and rewrote the situation. I just want to sum up a few points of fact, since there has been so many twisted scenarios a few have shared like it was how it all went down. Actually, I'll make it short and sweet, 2 points...
He’s free to write what he wants but “don’t trust him” is a bullshit comment. If you’re going to NEG rep somebody a little more honesty and being way less vague is in order.
This comment is BS, the Feedback title is the result of the experience. If one clicks on the title, the explanation summary is explained. I didn't write a book, I summed it up as simply as possible. .... We spoke on the phone, we had a deal, and both parties were in agreement.

This deal was not vague, I wasn't away on vacation, I didn't have to figure out where I was going to get the money, I wasn't asking for the seller to wait indefinitely, I wasn't buying the gun to flip and make a buck, it was a good deal for a gun I wanted, but would not pay top dollar for. These are all scenarios that was added by other posters to justify the sellers actions .... none of that happened! Period. The deal was from start to finish less than 24 hours.

Proper Closing of deals is. like setting terms. Then asking if the other guy agrees to those
terms. Be specific. Do whatever you can to make it easier for the other party/reduce the # of message exchanges. More info conveyed in less time is better Don't be a retard. its not that hard. COMMUNICATE. [laugh]

DRGrant,
This is exactly how it went down, thank you. I posted this thread to point out more than anything else, what I feel is the proper way to do a deal. I was a very active member of The S&W forum a few have mentioned here. And yes, It is a forum run with an iron fist. I have poked around in the classified there and it was too stressful, like some have pointed out here. One mistake and you get neg. points or even banned .. I feel our classified is just fine the way it is .. if we all conducted like Drgrant outlined .. can't go wrong. With that ... have at it boys, I think I'm done here. I hope this thread has some benefits for some and for the betterment of the experience here.

I've been following my thread here, didn't expect some of the comments and certainly didn't expect all the twist and turns. I appreciate the comments that took the time to understand where I was coming from and am trying to respect the comments that twisted and rewrote the situation. I just want to sum up a few points of fact, since there has been so many twisted scenarios a few have shared like it was how it all went down. Actually, I'll make it short and sweet, 2 points...

This comment is BS, the Feedback title is the result of the experience. If one clicks on the title, the explanation summary is explained. I didn't write a book, I summed it up as simply as possible. .... We spoke on the phone, we had a deal, and both parties were in agreement.

This deal was not vague, I wasn't away on vacation, I didn't have to figure out where I was going to get the money, I wasn't asking for the seller to wait indefinitely, I wasn't buying the gun to flip and make a buck, it was a good deal for a gun I wanted, but would not pay top dollar for. These are all scenarios that was added by other posters to justify the sellers actions .... none of that happened! Period. The deal was from start to finish less than 24 hours.

Proper Closing of deals is. like setting terms. Then asking if the other guy agrees to those

DRGrant,
This is exactly how it went down, thank you. I posted this thread to point out more than anything else, what I feel is the proper way to do a deal. I was a very active member of The S&W forum a few have mentioned here. And yes, It is a forum run with an iron fist. I have poked around in the classified there and it was too stressful, like some have pointed out here. One mistake and you get neg. points or even banned .. I feel our classified is just fine the way it is .. if we all conducted like Drgrant outlined .. can't go wrong. With that ... have at it boys, I think I'm done here. I hope this thread has some benefits for some and for the betterment of the experience here.
You posted the thread to discredit another member because you were mad about how the deal went down. By some accounts you’ve succeeded and by others you both look bad.

You posted the thread to discredit another member because you were mad about how the deal went down. By some accounts you’ve succeeded and by others you both look bad.

Wellll, yaaa ... of course, I did that as well, I believed members should know how it went down, and to get input on whether I was seeing it right. I appreciate both points of view, and have learned, who I wouldn't care to do business with. As for poor Beau being in a tight financial spot ... sorry if that was the case, but the fact is he never insinuated any such thing to me.. hell, I would have thrown him a few extra bucks for the gun without hesitation. Been there and done that.. JRT, as for your last post ... isn't that what you've been doing to me since you started posting in this thread .. guess it's ok for you but not for thee.. [pot]

Reactions: JRT
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom