• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's now hates FUDDs too.

Unsurprisingly, it did come around to bite them in the ass,

Makes you wonder if there's a shareholder suit in the making.

Makes you wonder if there's a shareholder suit in the making.
Hardly. Annual revenue is still about $10 Billion and the stock is up significantly from those bad old days.

Not that Dick's was ever a "guns & ammo" company to me, but they have done well in the sports clothing & gear business where so many others failed. I think it was because of their sheer size and the fact that so many other companies failed in that business. They were sort of the last big, well-financed one left standing.

The company is dead to me, but apparently not to soccer moms and others looking for a good jock strap. God bless them. [laugh]

Dick's won't go under. Many more sportsball fanatics than gun nuts*, especially in the high-density blue zones. Every parent wants their little tyke to be the next Brady or Big Papi (I live near Lawrence. It's an accurate statement.) instead of the next Carlos Hathcock.

[*I resemble that remark [smile]]

Dick's won't go under. Many more sportsball fanatics than gun nuts*, especially in the high-density blue zones. Every parent wants their little tyke to be the next Brady or Big Papi (I live near Lawrence. It's an accurate statement.) instead of the next Carlos Hathcock.

I remember when I tried buying some shells from the store in Medford and the cashier having a near meltdown, last time I bought from them and then they stopped selling ammo. Unfortunately for golf Golf Galaxy is close and has a good selection but I buy as much as I can from anywhere but a Dicks owned company.

Had a conversation with an officer at a(unmentioned) gun club, hell of a nice guy but, then he said," I don't care if they do away with the 2nd amendment as long as thy grandfather you and me." That's what we're up against.
FIFY to convey what he really meant.

I only use it as a mall entrance on the rare occasion I go to a mall.
Walk right through inbound & outbound, buying nothing from them.
They record the foot traffic with no sale conversion.
It's minor, but hey, it's my little protest.

I want my kid to be Jordan Belfort.

I had a good racket going on there for awhile. Take the survey at the bottom of the receipt receive $10 of $50 purchase used to buy ammo. Rinse and repeat over and over. Never restricted the coupon. I stocked up 9mm in a major way.

A couple of years ago I walked in while I was killing time waiting for the wife while she was meandering around the crap store. Talked to a sales kid who tried to sell me a line of shit when I questioned why all firearms and related products were pulled from the shelves. He told me they dont sell in this part of the country. Rolled my eyes and walked out. I did almost buy the Marlin 336 way back before all their bullshit started but I wanted the C and they only could get the W

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I walked in while I was killing time waiting for the wife while she was meandering around the crap store. Talked to a sales kid who tried to sell me a line of shit when I questioned why all firearms and related products were pulled from the shelves. He told me they dont sell in this part of the country. Rolled my eyes and walked out.

Well, truth be told did anyone ever really buy guns at DSG? mostly it was just skinflints buying ammo using coupons and hoping they got a bad cashier on top of that, so they can score some cheap ammo.🤣

Well, truth be told did anyone ever really buy guns at DSG? mostly it was just skinflints buying ammo using coupons and hoping they got a bad cashier on top of that, so they can score some cheap ammo.🤣
Benelli shotguns. The problem with Benelli is that they do not go through distribution but only direct to dealer. They require a minimum initial and annual purchase. That is all fine. The real catch is that they require purchases of not just Benelli but all their other brands some of which are VERY high end semi-custom/custom guns. So to get the Benelli's you want you have to take guns that only H Ross Perot can afford.

Dick's was a Benelli dealer so you could either get off the shelf or have them order anything from the Benelli catalog.

I stopped walking into the place before they banned firearms and destroyed ARs. They fired all the PGA professionals. Instead of being able to go in and get professional help fitting a club, testing in their indoor range, grips installed, etc, they moved to minimum wage soyboy drones to sell golf equipment. That ended Dicks for me. Then they stepped on their Dicks destroying their AR inventory. Then they got rid of all firearms and hunting supplies. I guess they are just another Lane Bryants clothing store now...

Benelli shotguns. The problem with Benelli is that they do not go through distribution but only direct to dealer. They require a minimum initial and annual purchase. That is all fine. The real catch is that they require purchases of not just Benelli but all their other brands some of which are VERY high end semi-custom/custom guns. So to get the Benelli's you want you have to take guns that only H Ross Perot can afford.
Does this mean you will not sell Benelli, but will continue to sell Hi-Points?

I stopped walking into the place before they banned firearms and destroyed ARs. They fired all the PGA professionals. Instead of being able to go in and get professional help fitting a club, testing in their indoor range, grips installed, etc, they moved to minimum wage soyboy drones to sell golf equipment. That ended Dicks for me. Then they stepped on their Dicks destroying their AR inventory. Then they got rid of all firearms and hunting supplies. I guess they are just another Lane Bryants clothing store now...
So, essentially the difference between the 1922 version of Abercrombie & Fitch and today's.

Last edited:
Does this mean you will not sell Benelli, but will continue to sell Hi-Points?
I did purchase and sell a couple YEET Cannons. But I think that is the limit of my hi-point insanity. I have transferred at least one to some obnoxious NESer who claimed to have a plan...

I wish I could get Benellis :(

I had a good racket going on there for awhile. Take the survey at the bottom of the receipt receive $10 of $50 purchase used to buy ammo. Rinse and repeat over and over. Never restricted the coupon. I stocked up 9mm in a major way.
I was doing the same thing before the went retarded. I even had a dicks credit card.....bought all my 12g target loads and ammo on it. Did the surveys......got cash back on the card similar to kohl's. Was getting 12g target loads for $3.75 a box that way. When they went retarded I even canceled the credit card.... told the rep why too.

Dick's pulled "assault weapons" first, then certain ammo. And some of the FUDDs seemed to think that was "okay" because they weren't affecting hunters. After all, they were just getting rid of the "bad stuff".

Just like any gun control platform, warm up that water with the frog in it until it boils - he won't notice if you do it slowly.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Bought my first AR ever from a Dick's over a decade ago. Then again it was a store in Indiana. The gun guy there was nice enough to put on my red dot and help me laser boresight it and get me on paper the first time I would bring it to the Atterbury range. He aimed it at the pillars on the other side of the store and people walking by can see this guy aiming an Obama weapon of war with tacticool accessories. No one clutching pearls back then.

Back
Top Bottom