• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's now hates FUDDs too.

... Annual revenue is still about $10 Billion and the stock is up significantly from those bad old days. ... they have done well in the sports clothing & gear business where so many others failed. I think it was because of their sheer size and the fact that so many other companies failed in that business. They were sort of the last big, well-financed one left standing. ...
Investors are enthused about a company that:
  1. Is based at (mega) shopping malls.
  2. Sells team paraphernalia for SJW virtue-signaling spectator sports whose fans are staying away in droves.
  3. Sells participant sports equipment to secondary schoolers with mask mandates. (Does Dick's sponsor web portals to iOS/Android app sites for pale, sunken-eyed youts who only want to simulate playing soccer on their smartphones in the basement rumpus room?)
[rolleyes]

There still great for going in and trying on shoes. Then ordering from someone else.
😍
We need to start a club.

(By analogy with me bringing my digital calipers
to measure the rail at Dick's,
I hope you use Dick's Brannock Device when shoe shopping there
).

I only use it as a mall entrance on the rare occasion I go to a mall.
Walk right through inbound & outbound, buying nothing from them.
They record the foot traffic with no sale conversion.
It's minor, but hey, it's my little protest.
😍
We also need to start a club.

A couple of years ago I walked in while I was killing time waiting for the wife while she was meandering around the crap store. Talked to a sales kid who tried to sell me a line of shit when I questioned why all firearms and related products were pulled from the shelves. He told me they dont sell in this part of the country. Rolled my eyes and walked out. I did almost buy the Marlin 336 way back before all their bullshit started but I wanted the C and they only could get the W
A sales kid is going to know absolutely nothing about the reasons for corporate decisions. It like the guy trying to sell me an MLM product at a match using the term "we" in describing the company - as if he was really a part of it because he was in someone's downline. Of someone thinking he has an "in" with Shell because he runs a gas station.

Last edited:
Had a conversation with an officer at a(unmentioned) gun club, hell of a nice guy but, then he said," I don't care if they do away with the 2nd amendment as long as thy grandfather you and me." That's what we're up against.
he's not a "hell of a nice guy" he is a first degree jerk off.

he's not a "hell of a nice guy" he is a first degree jerk off.
Jerk off was a very nice way of expressing just how much of a bone head he is. The site and self editing is a great way to avoid my trip on the NES Band Bus cause that’s what I would sitting on for 30.
In his grill wouldn’t have been nearly as polite.

Back
Top Bottom