DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's still offensive regardless, however. -Mike

Opinions vary. [grin] The way it's written now I don't see how the FFLs could "facilitate" the transfers as described and still comply with federal law. I think few would take the risk.

Lots of mental health stuff from this panel. They want some other Bill included in this one.

Opinions vary. [grin] The way it's written now I don't see how the FFLs could "facilitate" the transfers as described and still comply with federal law. I think few would take the risk.

As long as they don't change the definitions of a few things it wouldn't change getting stuff from dealers .

Struggling to find the relevance

I'd have liked to see a speaker address the mental health thing from another angle. Instead of trying to identify people who don't meet their standards they should devote more time to the over-medication of children and young adults. How many of the shooters in the various incidents over the years were taking one psychotropic drug or another?

Ashe is on the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security. I'm curious what his opinion is...

He is my local rep so I've sent him several emails and called his office about this. I received a call back today saying that he is opposing H4121.

Why are these people even here?!

I haven't heard a word about how anything they said relates to guns.

Tap

Did anyone tell these people this hearing isn't about their "safe and supportive schools bill"?

I forgot about Grossman's testimony - what a POS. It's almost terrifying how clueless Paula Cabral is on the whole topic given what she does for work.

Grossman's comment about using the tech sector for "smart guns" and having the AG abuse their consumer protection powers "to regulate real guns just like we regulate toy guns" was clearly a stunt.

good quote jason(s)??

Jason Sawyer, of Melrose, works for a software company and was among the gun owners opposed to the bill. "It's not targeting people who are committing crimes. It's targeting people who are legitimate, legal gun owners," Sawyer said.

good quote jason(s)?? Jason Sawyer, of Melrose, works for a software company and was among the gun owners opposed to the bill. "It's not targeting people who are committing crimes. It's targeting people who are legitimate, legal gun owners," Sawyer said.

She paraphrased me, but she got the gist of it. A five minute interview boiled down to two lines.

BOSTON — Tonia Ortiz, 19, lives in Boston's South End and came to a State House hearing on a gun violence bill Tuesday in honor of her friend Jorge Fuentes.

Fuentes, she said, was shot in Dorchester while walking his dog outside his home. "I don't want other people to feel the pain I felt when he passed away," Ortiz said, explaining her support for tighter gun regulations.

Right....because i am sure this shooting in dorchester was committed by an LTC-A holder w clean record after submitting an EFA10 and being sure to have no more than 10rd magazine. WTF does this girl live on the moon?

they need to be asked at every turn to justify each and every proposed regulation and PROVE how it will be effective in limiting violence. They will fall flat on their face because it is impossible to prove that which is not true

C'mon, you can't know it won't be effective unless we pass it and then see what happens...

"One gun a month prevents straw purchases," Cabral said. "You prevent someone from stockpiling weapons, you've prevented a tragedy."

It is incredibly hard to top Secretary of Public Safety Andrea Cabral's woeful ignorance.

At first I thought it was Wilfork with a wig.

2013_Cabral.jpg

BOSTON — Tonia Ortiz, 19, lives in Boston's South End and came to a State House hearing on a gun violence bill Tuesday in honor of her friend Jorge Fuentes.

Fuentes, she said, was shot in Dorchester while walking his dog outside his home. "I don't want other people to feel the pain I felt when he passed away," Ortiz said, explaining her support for tighter gun regulations.

Right....because i am sure this shooting in dorchester was committed by an LTC-A holder w clean record after submitting an EFA10 and being sure to have no more than 10rd magazine. WTF does this girl live on the moon?

These people are from a different universe.
They've been duped, brainwashed and outright lied to regarding guns and the law. It's really quite sad.

Tap

did I hear correctly, someone from the thin blue line speaking out against banning private sales and the AG list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom