DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More babbling about BS, nothing about the bill itself other than that it's "comprehensive".

Why is that the more anti a speaker turns out to be, the more ass-kissing and stroking of the panel for "letting" them speak.
These people are clamoring to be subjects.

Tap

I had to get back to the office, but gun owners were very well represented in the auditorium. The elected official speakers I heard were pretty good, and at least one dude on the committee is asking the tough questions. The court officers did take the big signs down (eventually). Naughton seems to be running a nice fair session.

Pure speculation: My bet is that they concede the 1 year misdemeanor point but do keep the provisions that require all sales to be overseen and reported by an FFL. All the mental health and reporting/tracking stuff will survive. Determining a definition for suitability seems like it would be very difficult to do without triggering all sorts of lawsuits, so I bet the FID survives.

Current rep says basically "yeah yeah bill has stuff whatever let's talk about all the people who guns killed in my district."

No wow needed. Can you imagine if they passed a law that said as a doctor, your exams and schooling were not enough. We "the state" needs to make sure your OK to practice in "our" state. We already have that to a degree - it's called the national licensing exams, and then the near redundant state exams. Any objective scientific person should say that suitability standards are are not good.

The reason doctors don't like suitability is they know that if it goes FR eventually they will be inserted into the middle of the LTC process. (eg, "doctor signoffs" and similar BS). That puts them in a very untenable position.

-Mike

I had to get back to the office, but gun owners were very well represented in the auditorium. The elected official speakers I heard were pretty good, and at least one dude on the committee is asking the tough questions. The court officers did take the big signs down (eventually). Naughton seems to be running a nice fair session.

Pure speculation: My bet is that they concede the 1 year misdemeanor point but do keep the provisions that require all sales to be overseen and reported by an FFL. All the mental health and reporting/tracking stuff will survive. Determining a definition for suitability seems like it would be very difficult to do without triggering all sorts of lawsuits, so I bet the FID survives.

dont forget registration at renewals!!

they might only get this and the mental health provisions. I don't see how the suitability gets in there, the one gun a month gets in or how they get an affidavit listing firearms.

10 to 1 the ban on personal transfers without an FFL will pass. Sucks but they really want it.

I wasn't able to attend today. Thankfully, it looks like my Representative (Shawna O'Connell) did an excellent job representing my position on this issue once again. She's earned my vote for re-election when that time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom