DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought so, but it's been interpreted both ways. The NRA legislative alert email said it was a by name list.

Just like the fa10 transaction record is now full blown registration with electronic lists in cop cars.

Sorry responded to wrong comnent. But this affidavit thing will morph into rrgistration of all, guaranteed.

The list is supposed to be homogenized with the new bill. There still will be tainted guns you'll want to sell but I guess you'd need to sell them out of state.

That part of the whole thing is still basically a black box at this point. Nobody can say with any certainty how that will end up because there's a a lot of latitude for interpretition of the the law itself, as its very poorly written and isn't "tight" at all.

-Mike

That part of the whole thing is still basically a black box at this point. Nobody can say with any certainty how that will end up because there's a a lot of latitude for interpretition of the the law itself, as its very poorly written and isn't "tight" at all.

-Mike

One of the antis that spoke earlier made a comment about the AG already having the authority to basically ban all guns as being unsafe, citing the AG's authority over toy guns as proof. Talk about clueless. Was it Linsky?

Someone should contact the ACLU to let them know that there is a "suitability" issue that is totally subjective by individuals and that there is NO objective standards for the decision....

I had to take off for work right before Linskey spoke. So far it seems like things are going alright, and our side keeps hammering away with facts and studies while the antis can't back up their claims.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I had to take off for work right before Linskey spoke. So far it seems like things are going alright, and our side keeps hammering away with facts and studies while the antis can't back up their claims.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It certainly seemed that way, then again this isn't about logic.

I couldn't make it. Sorry. Deleos bill and the public hearings are two separate things. Naughton specified that at Barre. Give em hell folks! Did we end up with a good turnout? This is the first one I missed-and I'm pissed!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have a not-so-irrational fear that they will let all of you say your piece, let you feel as if you've "nailed it", then pass this steaming pile without further incident.

I couldn't make it. Sorry. Deleos bill and the public hearings are two separate things. Naughton specified that at Barre. Give em hell folks! Did we end up with a good turnout? This is the first one I missed-and I'm pissed!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes, good turnout. They had signs and better stickers, and maybe/probably an edge in overall numbers, but the gun owners were well represented.

I asked a couple of guys if they were on NES and they had no idea what I was talking about. Northeast Shooters - still no idea. Just GOAL members who turned up.

Am I correct that if no-FTF-sales passes, that will basically be the end of new Gen 3 & 4 Glocks, XD's, etc etc in MA? From a personal perspective, that is the section that is the most troubling to me.

they might only get this and the mental health provisions. I don't see how the suitability gets in there, the one gun a month gets in or how they get an affidavit listing firearms.

I am sure they will wittle it down so they get one or two things, gun owners feel less slighted, gun owners get absolutely nothing out of the bill and we repeat in a year or two

Yes, good turnout. They had signs and better stickers, and maybe/probably an edge in overall numbers, but the gun owners were well represented.

I asked a couple of guys if they were on NES and they had no idea what I was talking about. Northeast Shooters - still no idea. Just GOAL members who turned up.

although it's never a good thing that people don't know what NES is, it is a good thing to see GOAL members turning out with such short notice. they have done a great job in my opinion

Am I correct that if no-FTF-sales passes, that will basically be the end of new Gen 3 & 4 Glocks, XD's, etc etc in MA? From a personal perspective, that is the section that is the most troubling to me.

That would be a heavy blow but it certainly wouldn't be the one I would first strike out.

No F-ing COMPROMISE

this, get rid of them all. Why?

not because it sucks for us or is unconstitutional, moonbats don't care about those things anyway... but because it DOES NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM THEY SAY IT WILL HELP

they need to be asked at every turn to justify each and every proposed regulation and PROVE how it will be effective in limiting violence. They will fall flat on their face because it is impossible to prove that which is not true

and then shame them for not coming up with real solutions, and wasting time and energy on feel good, do nothing legislation while people are dying

Pretty bummed I had to leave at 1pm to get back to work. Sounds like I missed some good speakers afterwards. Big thanks to whomever had that large bag of GOAL stickers to give out along the back wall.

seems like it, but again, will it actually make a difference? will it influence any votes?

Naughton and crew heard all of this and Deleo still put forth this garbage

yes but now when they revise it they can say that it was partisan and everybody wins[puke]

Jim was great. To the point and confident. Excellent job.

this, get rid of them all. Why?

not because it sucks for us or is unconstitutional, moonbats don't care about those things anyway... but because it DOES NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM THEY SAY IT WILL HELP

they need to be asked at every turn to justify each and every proposed regulation and PROVE how it will be effective in limiting violence. They will fall flat on their face because it is impossible to prove that which is not true

and then shame them for not coming up with real solutions, and wasting time and energy on feel good, do nothing legislation while people are dying

This is the point I tried to make in every phone call and email I made to reps and to DeLeo's office. We can't stress this enough... this is what they need to hear, over and over.

Big thanks to whomever had that large bag of GOAL stickers to give out along the back wall.

Yup - we need to be better organized when it comes to this stuff. There could have been more gun owners than antis there today but you would never have known it since they were all wearing the same sticker and holding the same sign so it was easy to spot them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom