• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it would be good for us to have one thread for todays events. Lets try and not Boo anyone like last time, even if we do want to jump out of our seats. Cant wait to hear Rosenthall speak on how he won't be suitable anymore if it passes the little jail bird.

Sent from the blind

Fyi I passed a fellow in full camo on my way over and I hope he is not coming into the hearing, just plays on the antis side.

Sent from the blind

Meh. Who cares what people are wearing as long as they're there. It's always kind of comforting to see the hill people of NES come down into town to stir things up and be heard.

Plenty if seats as of right now. No one except for me and another opposed in the left side front row. Limited front row seats available on the right.

The only thing that gets on my nerves is the blatantly over the top t shirts. Im all for them in normal life, but at a hearing, the guy who looked like Milton from Office Space with the greasy "IN GUNS WE TRUST" T shirt and shorts, didn't help us.

That and you're addressing or being present in front of the legislature. Some rules of decorum ought to come into play here.

Meh. Who cares what people are wearing as long as they're there. It's always kind of comforting to see the hill people of NES come down into town to stir things up and be heard.

What's the suggested arrival time at the State House for this? Is seating generally limited, or are we OK as long as we get there before the session starts? Any guesses on total run time?

The only thing that gets on my nerves is the blatantly over the top t shirts. Im all for them in normal life, but at a hearing, the guy who looked like Milton from Office Space with the greasy "IN GUNS WE TRUST" T shirt and shorts, didn't help us.

That and you're addressing or being present in front of the legislature. Some rules of decorum ought to come into play here.

Yeah, stupid t-shirts/messages and statements don't help us at all. The point is to be taken seriously, not to make a fool out of yourself and your cause.

earlier the better, cram the seats up front and avoid the bleachers.

What's the suggested arrival time at the State House for this? Is seating generally limited, or are we OK as long as we get there before the session starts? Any guesses on total run time?

Get there now, unless something is preventing it that would delay your testimony. (You ARE testifying, right? [wink])

My printer died, and I had to obtain prints via another method, so I'm running a bit late. You'll still be able to find a seat regardless, and it will go late.

Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to...Er, nevermind.

Now? I spent 4 hours (8-12) last night at a ZBA hearing. I'd like to minimize my time there as much as possible.

In the front row on the right hand side.

The first two purple shirts have just arrived. So much for the no sign policy. That just pisses me off to no end.

Perception is unfortunately what people believe and based on last meeting here it dis not help at all and the panel was dismissive. It aint hard to present yourself in a professional manner and its.more effective with these types of meetings IMHO

Sent from the blind

The first two purple shirts have just arrived. So much for the no sign policy. That just pisses me off to no end.

I almost was going to get a purple shirt and then hope like hell they gaveme time to speak in opposition to the bill! Filling up well but these bleacher seats are as uncomfortable as hell! Plus my phones dying!!!!

Sent from the blind

Stickied.

Heading in now, should be there in 45 min or so.

people need to bring this to attention. Special treatment is bullshit

FYI. Looks like small signs get through security. So if you have time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom