• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Man busted in NJ for carrying gun

Sounds like its his own fault. He should have known where his valid licenses were accepted or just locked his gun up properly while traveling through states where he did not posses a license.

It did not say he had it locked up and his ammo stored separately. It said the officer took teh gun out of his holster on his side. Big no-no we all know that.

On a side not not being able to pump your own gas in NJ is BS. I have only been there twice and I feel dumb having someone pump my gas.

Kudos to the officer, another "felon" off the streets. He probably lost his job too and while on the way to a funeral.

Here's to fighting crime!

After Antrum told the officer he wasn't aware that New Jersey didn't have self-service gasoline stations (WTF @ this yet once more), the officer asked him if he had any weapons (WTF AGAIN? that's the first question he asked?) and Antrum admitted he had a handgun. The officer then took a loaded .40 caliber handgun from a holster Antrum was wearing, court papers said.

"i'm sorry, i didn't know that you can't even pump your own gas in this hellhole of a state."

"sir, do you have any weapons on you?"

never, ever go anywhere near NJ. also obligatory "nothing good ever comes from a .40."

This is 100% grade A B.S! How can anyone say that I am not respolsible enough to carry a gun just because I crossed a "imaginary" boarder. Will the criminals care that I am from another state? (probably would because they would know I shouldn't be armend). I would rather explain myself to a LEO than have hime trace my outline on the ground.

Sounds like its his own fault. He should have known where his valid licenses were accepted or just locked his gun up properly while traveling through states where he did not posses a license.

It did not say he had it locked up and his ammo stored separately. It said the officer took teh gun out of his holster on his side. Big no-no we all know that.

On a side not not being able to pump your own gas in NJ is BS. I have only been there twice and I feel dumb having someone pump my gas.

Why is not being able to pump your own gas BS? I don't have to get out of my car to pump it and I pay less for it on top of that. I wish they did allow us to pump our own. Then we would probably save another 10 cents per gallon. Still only $2.83 here!

From the article, it appears that he was carrying concealed in NJ. If he'd followed FOPA, he'd have been OK. But since he didn't, he's screwed.

Why is not being able to pump your own gas BS?
First, it shouldn't be .gov's business to tell a gas station whether they can with or without attendants. People in 48 other states manage to pump their own gas.

Second, I don't care to wait for the attendant to come pump my gas while he's serving someone else. If I do it myself, I'll be done faster.

Why is not being able to pump your own gas BS? I don't have to get out of my car to pump it and I pay less for it on top of that. I wish they did allow us to pump our own. Then we would probably save another 10 cents per gallon. Still only $2.83 here!

I don't want to take away from the topic at hand. I just can't see why you can't pump your own gas given the option. I guess to me it seems silly because I have always pumped my own gas. I can just see a careless gas station attendant undoing the gas cap and letting it hit the side of the car as they are filling you up. I hate that!!

The thing that sucks for this guy is if he had done to the full serve he would have had someone pump the gas and been on his way even with the CC. But you have to know the rules if your going to take your firearm with you on a road trip.

There are NO self service gas stations in NJ anywhere, don't even think about pumping your own gas.

There must be a petroleum transfer technicians union there or something.

As for the gun thing, NJ is at the top of the list for the most unfriendly for gun owners, resident or non resident.

when its 2 am, and you need gas to get home and there is no one to pump it, and all the gas stations are closed, then you will care.

The court also ruled that Antrum had made "no effort" to learn about New Jersey gun laws.

i have to agree.

nothing good happens in jersey. ever.

Pumping your own gas is a great responsibility. Come on guys[laugh][laugh]

I passed through a town on the 495 belt, (I want to say Milford possibly?) And the gas station attendant said there was a town rule that people could not pump their own gas.....

and to stay on topic, this guy screwed up, and now he will pay for it.

Pumping your own gas is a great responsibility. Come on guys[laugh][laugh]

I passed through a town on the 495 belt, (I want to say Milford possibly?) And the gas station attendant said there was a town rule that people could not pump their own gas.....

and to stay on topic, this guy screwed up, and now he will pay for it.

of course it is. what if you soak the place with gas and then light a smoke? burn the place down, pull out a clown mask, get your totally EVIL looking AR out of your car, and start blowing up all the cop cars as they come with your illegal grenade launcher. then get picked up by a chopper and get away with it.

Hey, growing up in NJ and pumping gas helped pay my way through college, got me a date for my senior prom and gave me plenty of "sights to see" in the summer as I was washing windshields.

:)

The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land. No other laws from State governments may supercede this document's authority

"shall not be infringed"

NJ didn't get the memo...

Worse still, try getting stuck behind a NJ driver at a self serve pump. They have no idea how to use them. It's happened to me twice. Both times I got out and showed them where to put the credit card and etc so I could get the hell out of there.

I did not even know New Jersey was still around...thought it went out of business..or got shut down due to the horrid smell it puts off..

HAHAHAHA, so true.

Worse still, try getting stuck behind a NJ driver at a self serve pump. They have no idea how to use them. It's happened to me twice. Both times I got out and showed them where to put the credit card and etc so I could get the hell out of there.

better than taking the wrong exit and getting lost in Newark.

Don't buy gas, stop, or do anything in New Jersey. Drive through it, without stopping, and stay on the highway and off the back roads. The waffen SS will pull you over or hassle you for anything in that state. If you get stopped, don't run your mouth to the police. This guy apparently broke every rule I just mentioned.

This guy is f**ked, as this certainly doesn't qualify for FOPA. Hope his relatives come to visit him in the Gulag.

-Mike

Hope his relatives come to visit him in the Gulag.
He got probation:

Michael Antrum, 57, of New Haven, Conn., was placed on two years probation and ordered to forfeit the handgun and ammunition after he pleaded guilty to a third-degree charge of unlawful possession of a handgun without a valid permit.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...ejects-defense-on-handgun-charge-in-Hunterdon

Of course, if it is a felony conviction, then he's now federally prohibited. Boy, I feel safer already [thinking]

Arresting and convicting guys like this is much easier than apprehending gang bangers in Newark or Camden.

I lived there and almost got in trouble myself for trying to pump my own gas. Eventually the guy at my local station let me pump my own but it took a long time to get to the point where that could happen. I don't miss NJ one bit.

This is 100% grade A B.S! How can anyone say that I am not respolsible enough to carry a gun just because I crossed a "imaginary" boarder. Will the criminals care that I am from another state? (probably would because they would know I shouldn't be armend). I would rather explain myself to a LEO than have hime trace my outline on the ground.

Imaginary borders are friggin stupid when it comes to honoring permits. I live 200 yards from the NY border. I cannot drive 200 yards to one side of my house, because NY does not honor my CT permit.

The "full serve" rule is all about making sure there are low-end jobs for the uneducated/unemployable. This is normal liberal thinking in action. BTW, I have pumped my own gas in NJ, but only when riding a motorcycle. They seem to make an exception. Must be the local 1% chapter's influence.

As for the right to carry anywhere in the USA, this is not even close to becoming law of the land. Neither Heller nor McDonald directly addressed firearms outside of the home.

We still have a lot of work to do.

the officer is a douche bag for arresting him... period.

whether he outed himself or not, made a stupid mistake... even though the guy probably isn't that bright to being with, it appears he acted in good faith by producing two permits for the occifer who proceeded to treat him like a criminal.

lots of fail in this one.

the officer is a douche bag for arresting him... period.

whether he outed himself or not, made a stupid mistake... even though the guy probably isn't that bright to being with, it appears he acted in good faith by producing two permits for the occifer who proceeded to treat him like a criminal.

lots of fail in this one.

How is the cop a douche bag? He admitted that he DID NOT check the states in which his 2 licenses were valid. This is negligent on his part.

"Antrum testified that he obtained a Florida permit because he thought it was valid in 29 other states, but he admitted he had not looked at the list of states since he had obtained the permit."

It also says down the bottom he made no effort to learn about NJ gun laws which he pretty much admitted to with his above statement.

I could see if he got confused and read something wrong. For instance like in FL. A NH resident permit is valid in FL but a NH NON-Resident is not valid.

He really should have checked up in it. That's why most of us have multiple permits on here and we know which states our permits are valid and which ones are not. That's why we also research pre-ban mags. So we don't make stupid mistakes like this.

Back
Top Bottom