Crown or comp?

I'm sure similar discussions have been had but what is your preference and why in regards to a crowned AR barrel vs. a permanently attached compensator? This is obviously directed towards MA residents and post-ban uppers.

Comp - pure aesthetics. I just dont think an AR looks 'right' w/o a doodad on the end of the barrel - unless you've got a dedicated tack driver. If you're in carbine or 'typical' black rifle configuration I think it needs something on the end.

All barrels are crowned if they weren't they would not shoot accurately. Rifle barrels are 15deg. crowned.
When a barrel doesn’t have a comp such as the M&P 15 Mass. gun the barrel has a very small crown with nothing to protect it.
The difference in a nice barrel without a muzzle device is the crown is recessed so if you bang your barrel end on something you don't bugger the crown.
So when I talk about target crowning I am talking about recessed target crowning, because you do not have anything on the end of the barrel to protect the normal crown.

Back
Top Bottom