• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Converting 10 round mags back to stock capacity

If the Scotus says we the people have the right to carry "hi capz" does that mean people in Connecticut can finally load their declared mags to the brim now and not just ten?

If the Scotus says we the people have the right to carry "hi capz" does that mean people in Connecticut can finally load their declared mags to the brim now and not just ten?
I'm afraid they've lost that forever. Penalty of calling themselves the Constitution State and losing their way. But we'll be allowed to carry ours there, no problem.

I knew a guy that would purchase mag parts from some online mag shop then assemble them himself so he could have normal capacity mags for his handguns. I'm sure he inserted a limiter of some sort so the mag police wouldn't get him though.

I also knew of a guy that owned an m&p ar15 22lr. He would buy the 30 round mags that were made to be mass compliant, just in case the day came when he could bust off the tabs inside so it would hold more ammo. I'm sure he never broke off the tabs though. But he knew he could.

I wouldn't sweat it though. Nothing wrong with a ten round mag. How often are you yearning for more capacity at the range? Heck, I practice with two mags with three rounds in each. Two body shots one head, drop the mag, insert the new one a fast as possible and do it again.

I never understood why Maura allowed ten round mags when every reasonable person knows three rounds is all you need.
I know you're joking but when you see videos of ten cops trying to shoot a guy and they all have 17+ and they're all reloading, and the guy still survives.... Three shots is enough in your fantasy maybe. Reality is a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom