Colleges to students "use your backpack against a shooter"

How about issuing each student a paperweight made of half a red brick ? bricks are not scary , ... and if someone starts shooting , opens a door and has 30 bricks hurled at his head he'll probably assume room temperature.

"...to fight back with any "improvised weapon," from a backpack to a laptop computer."
i'm currently in college, will be moving in this sunday and most of the people i know would rather be shot then risk damaging their MacBook....
Hmm... would I rather throw my IBM T41 at a murderer or shoot him with a .41 Magnum.

No contest. Now... just gotta buy a .41 Magnum...
The idiots who run the place where I work are coming up with a "violence in the workplace" policy complete with color coded flow charts. What a bunch of fudge packers......
Hey! Some of those fudge packers pack heat! Or haven't you ever heard of the Pink Pistols?

Do you TRY to insult everyone you can, Jose? Just wondering. [thinking]

Actually I've a long-time friend who's a 'fudge-packer' and is about as conservative a guy as I've ever met. Hell of a pistol shot too. Gay doesn't have to equal pansy or liberal.

Actually I've a long-time friend who's a 'fudge-packer' and is about as conservative a guy as I've ever met. Hell of a pistol shot too. Gay doesn't have to equal pansy or liberal.

We have a trans-sexual (Karen Karin, was male, now "female" and butt ugly) politician up here that is definitely Conservative. Republican, too.

At a local fair, "she" had a booth, running for office. I asked what "she" thought about Concealed Carry, and "she" opened her fanny pack discreetly and showed me her J-frame Smith. I said, "well, that answers that question, you'll get my vote." I did vote for her that fall, and will EVERY time she runs for office.

Her gender situtation? If I could care less about it, I would.

All designed to cut the post-shooting legal settlement damages. Now these schools can say they took all necessary and prudent actions to mitigate harm.

All designed to cut the post-shooting legal settlement damages. Now these schools can say they took all necessary and prudent actions to mitigate harm.

We have a winner. Same exact thing that ALL companies do with their safety and violence in the workplace policies.

The pussification of America continues unabated.

I wonder if I would get in trouble for throwing my shoe at the gunman... I'll just replace the soles of my shoe with lead. Not only will it render the him unconscious I'll be able to kick his head clean off his shoulders because my legs will be massive!

All kidding aside, the real question is, when will these pussified yam-bags realize that the feel-good laws like "gun-free zones" have no affect? My answer, when they become a victim... but even then, it'll be, "If there were no guns then I wouldn't have been shot!" Yeah, and if we didn't have ski's then people wouldn't die in avalanches...[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom