CMP selling service grade Winchester m1 garands

nice rifle....now come shoot it

I try and explain to people how fun the Garand matches are...even with the consistently lowest score, it's still worth the drive and the time preparing, choosing a load and then competing and cleaning the bore afterward. These rifles have stories to tell...and they're not happy just sitting in a safe!

I met a 90y/o WWII vet at the junkyard today...served in the European Theatre. What a pleasure it is to meet men from the greatest generation...they truly were cut from a different cloth back then. I feel like every time I shoot my Garand I pay homage to the G.I. that might have had to take a shot that saved one of his buddies...or maybe all of them.

It's been a process getting comfortable enough with this weapon system to shoot it and know that I'm capable of fixing a lot of the issues that might come up...but it's even better knowing that even if I can't figure something out, one of you probably already has the answer!

My great uncle taught me a lot about shooting with out ever setting foot on the range or touching a gun.
Way way back my dad picked up a M1 carbine.
Brought it out to show uncle. Uncle said.
"Get that F'n thing away from me and don't ever bring a weapon out to me unless them SOBs are hitting the beach." He then grabbed my arm and said "learn how to shoot and pray you never need to" That was the start of my great uncle telling me all about politics and the direction this country is heading. He was spot on about the Muslims,united Nations and many other things. I shot that carbine until it broke.

I GOT ONE!!!

very excited, unfortunately i have to wait until Monday for delivery, wednesday for the ammo, and the enbloc clips haven't shipped yet. Does the rifle come with one clip?

SN 2,360,xxx , so looks as if it's December 43?

anyone know if i can pick it up at the FedEx facility if i miss the deliveryman on Monday to sign for the package?

Last edited:
I GOT ONE!!!

very excited, unfortunately i have to wait until Monday for delivery, wednesday for the ammo, and the enbloc clips haven't shipped yet. Does the rifle come with one clip?

SN 2,360,xxx , so looks as if it's December 43?

anyone know if i can pick it up at the FedEx facility if i miss the deliveryman on Monday to sign for the package?

On the FedEx tracking page go to delivery options and you can choose to have held at the closest "approved" facility. I hold mine at a fedex office shop but some in other parts of the state won't hold guns/ammo.

My Garanditis kicked in...... My order form is scheduled to be delivered to Anniston tomorrow.

My Garanditis kicked in...... My order form is scheduled to be delivered to Anniston tomorrow.

yeah...you have about as much of a chance as I do...sent mine in snail mail last thursday or friday (I can't remember). i won't be bent if I don't get one, but that's good because it's looking pretty bleak. I just got off the phone with them and they're still pulling orders received on the 17th. i don't know where on the forum the guy on the previous page got his information about there only being 100 rifles left. If that's the case, we're likely both coming up short by a long shot.

good luck to us both!

i swore i was going to stop sending orders snail mail without delivery confirmation...lol...think i'd listen?

i'd say i'll wait for that giant cache to show up from overseas in a few years, but from the looks of it in the news they might need to keep them for the time being!

Dakar, have you received a DBU yet?

When CMP closes their sale, they traditionally honor orders already sent in before that date. I have full confidence that I will have no issues with the order. If not, whatever. I had been on vacation last week and was kind of hoping the sales would have stopped prior to me returning.

PS, I always sent my order in using First Class Mail. It costs a little more than a stamp but you get to track it.

PPS, CMP wouldn't open offer these rifles for mail order unless they had quite a few of them. My guess is they've been stockpiling these for sometime and have enough for a mail order offering. Else they would just sell them at the North/South stores and at various CMP Games events. They did have Winny Garands at Camp Butner this year but they were all north of $1500.

The final edit... It's nice that they didn't send out an email blast about this. I was around for the Carbine sale last year and before that the IHC release. Both times I scored, but there was a huge feeding frenzy and madness on the forums for quite some time.

Last edited:
This will be my fourth Garand through them since 2012 and the process has changed a little each time. The do not use the same SOP as they used to, which is what you mentioned as being the case. When they reach the number of orders they can fill, they shut off the sales...everyone else gets cancelled orders or the option to substitute for another product.

You have full confidence? Well, that's good! :D I still don't mind either way...my Springfield is my shooter for now. A hell stamp isn't going to improve my score, but ammo made on a hot summer night in my basement might!

And like I said...I should have learned by now about sending snail mail...I got the idea after sending my order in 2012 and have told myself 'next time' every time. If I really cared, I would follow through. Thanks for the tip.

If I got a DBU...I would have your 'full confidence'...so no DBU. I'm guessing mine is in the stack from the 19th or so. I'll update in the post if I hear anything else.

Last edited:
You're right... Back order or Substitute where applicable.

However I think if they had only 100 rifles remaining, sales would have been shut off already. Unsure where that rumor came from.

Whatever happens happens. A better use for the money would have been re-stocking my reloading supplies.... That damned Garanditis though.

Besides, those Bula M14 Barreled Receivers and Parts Kits should be shipping soon. I read on either CMP or M14 forum that some of the guys have received their B/R's already.

Funny I moved a stack of papers and found a Cmp order form all ready to go lacking a product number on the order form. I almost sent it in.
I figure slap it on the card get the 3% cash back and thec100$ bonus for spending 2500$ in 90 days with my new card.....I just could not bring myself to do it. As I would need to sell some stuff before the Bill came to pay it all off.
I really need to finish my 10/22 build and my 308 build....that's what this order form was originally for...now if Cmp puts out a field grade special 308 for $830 I'm all over it.

Funny I moved a stack of papers and found a Cmp order form all ready to go lacking a product number on the order form. I almost sent it in.
I figure slap it on the card get the 3% cash back and thec100$ bonus for spending 2500$ in 90 days with my new card.....I just could not bring myself to do it. As I would need to sell some stuff before the Bill came to pay it all off.
I really need to finish my 10/22 build and my 308 build....that's what this order form was originally for...now if Cmp puts out a field grade special 308 for $830 I'm all over it.

The dollar sign goes first, not the numbers. Like you did at the end.

... I was around for the Carbine sale last year and before that the IHC release. Both times I scored, but there was a huge feeding frenzy and madness on the forums for quite some time.
I would like them to have another carbine sale sometime, I'd probably go in for one. I'd like an IBM one someday. Not holding my breath.
I think I would rather have an IHC Garand over a Winchester personally. My CMP special does a WRA trigger housing, so at least there's that!

His fingers were moving towards the incomplete CMP order form....W-I-N-C-H-E-S-T-E-R....

[pot]

T

Nooooo!!! Stop!!! [hmmm][shocked]

Must not order... [crying]

I'd have to sell a couple things very quickly to get in on this. Actually, they will probably bring some to the New England Games & I could peruse before buying.

Besides, the Bula M14 parts pile should be shipping soon & I'll have my hands full with that.

Nooooo!!! Stop!!! [hmmm][shocked]

Must not order... [crying]

I'd have to sell a couple things very quickly to get in on this. Actually, they will probably bring some to the New England Games & I could peruse before buying.

Besides, the Bula M14 parts pile should be shipping soon & I'll have my hands full with that.

I have the power to resist....im a shooter and im not paying more money for SG shooter M1 because of s heal stamp. I think cmp should just go back to luck of the draw for all rifles just grades only,

Actually, at $930 could probably turn pretty quick at $1150. I don't have to have a Winchester- other things I'd do with extra gun money.

Actually, at $930 could probably turn pretty quick at $1150. I don't have to have a Winchester- other things I'd do with extra gun money.
I don't seem to find the buyers who will pay more than what cmp sells for unless its something special. I had a guy try beating me up on a filed grade SA because the barrel was to new looking[rolleyes]

Well...I guess I can eat my words. DBU Received today for Order#662391 with a sticky for GI wood (figured it'd only be fair to ask for GI wood on a WWII...but I like 'em all just the same anyway). I passed up a good opportunity a few years back on a Win13 for $1200 and i've been kicking my own ass ever since. Come to think of it, I might have had a tough time taking that one out to the range due to historic significance and all that jazz. The nice part about buying a CMP special, is i KNOW she'll be a shooter...and i'll be doing just that.

I don't seem to find the buyers who will pay more than what cmp sells for unless its something special. I had a guy try beating me up on a filed grade SA because the barrel was to new looking[rolleyes]

wait until they are all gone. it was amazing how much the price went up after the carbines ran out. hold onto it and you will double your money. tell that guy to FUG off

Back
Top Bottom