CMP selling service grade Winchester m1 garands

If they weren't listed as sold out before he mailed it they will TRY to honor the order as best as they can. If they cannot they won't, but they do their best. They might do what they did with you and offer the upgrade.

I placed an order years ago for a SG Springfield. They emailed me and said they were not finding many SG's and offered me a SG Winchester that was not even available to order. I got the Winchester.

Yeah, depending on how many unfilled orders there are before me - I could be SOL. Maybe they'll be generous and just put me on a waiting list - and as they crack open some more crates, maybe there will be a Winchester or two? Here's to wishful thinking. The auctions are a bit too rich for me, and I was really hoping to round out the 4th manufacturer for my collection!

Im nor so sure what condition some of these original NM garands could be in? The prices have gone way up also.

If I recall correctly, they have auctioned a couple Air Force match rifles. Didn't watch for the selling price.

Damn thing already shipped and will be here in the morning. I had to have it held bc I can't be there. Wtf that's fast, ammo isn't even here yet!!!

The CMP/Garand Gods at work.. [smile] [smile]

Order Type: RM1WRAF (Field Grade WRA)
Order Sent: 8/28/2017 via Snail Mail
Order Rec.: 8/31/2017
DBU: 9/8/2017
Upgrade E-Mail: 9/8/2017 (Accepted 9/8, for RM1WRAS, Service Grade WRA, $100 more)
Order#: TBD
Credit: TBD
E-Store: TBD
BWT:

Upgrade E-Mail: 9/8/2017 (Accepted 9/8, for RM1WRAS, Service Grade WRA, $100 more)
BWT:

[cheers]

BWT:

You missed the point: Mine was mailed over a week prior and they called to say there were no more WRA Field Grades. Why would they "honor" one mailed a week after that?

[slap] [smile]

Order#: 6686xx
Credit: 9/18/2017
E-Store: 9/18/2017
Shipped:
BWT:

[smile] Took a while for them to catch up to my accepted 9/8 email for the upgrade. But hopefully it'll ship soon!

I shot the Service Grade WRA yesterday and was on target in four shots. I didn't zero it on paper, just put it on steel.

49a10db3d2b939bc9e33444b7f25b13c.jpg

Shipped: 9/19/2017
Serial: 12620xx
BWT: ETA 9/20/2017

November of 1942! Nice grab!

Shipped: 9/19/2017
Serial: 12620xx
BWT: ETA 9/20/2017

Looks great. There certainly are some decent ones in the mix.

They brought quite a few to the New England Games match this week. There were only a couple good grabs during the Wednesday competitor only sale, but a bunch came out of the boxes the next day. '65 SA rebuilds of the Winchesters, Red Rivers, and one of the guys who shoots matches at Old Colony snagged a Win13. Wish they would have put out more of the nicer ones on Wednesday as the couple that were really nice went right away.

DW spotted a nice Winchester but had recently bought one and wasn't going to get it so I did & he has 'dibs' if he wants it. I'll post info and pics later but have some stuff to do around the house.

Here are the pics for the Winchester Service Grade picked up from the New England CMP Games. 2.314M = September of 1943. Within a couple months of my CMP SA Special. This one was rebuilt at the Springfield Armory in '65 and has the '65 barrel with throat wear = 2+ and Muzzle wear = 1. Bore looks excellent. Wood needs a bit of clean up but might be really nice underneath. DW thought it might be beech, but on the inside it looks a little dark to me. Can better determine once it's cleaned up.

qgpFVYll.jpg

YBU167Hl.jpg

V01u1lCl.jpg

FyuLPdXl.jpg

pNJ6rphl.jpg

3VVjFYql.jpg

Rm9UfZel.jpg

fn1tjzjl.jpg

1ZijX0Xl.jpg

xRecGYol.jpg

VMGRmRDl.jpg

nlzhp5Gl.jpg

YO9o0I1l.jpg

dAZGAoUl.jpg

OEWBY0al.jpg

aqUR7fgl.jpg

k6bovFBl.jpg

TYVh0Zcl.jpg

sIQiXlgl.jpg

Lockup is not tight but relatively firm. Trigger pull is actually quite nice and I'm very picky regarding triggers. Needs the gas cylinder splines peened as the GC has a little play. I'll take care of the GC issue, lube it up, and go shoot it. Wood will get some attention later this fall.

Last edited:
Mark of course knows the straight skinny and is pretty transparent regarding what's going on.

Looking forward to shooting the Winchester. It's dry as a bone but clean and everything seems in order. I have a bunch of HXP that I'd be happy to burn up in a non-match setting. If you don't end up buying it from me someday, I'll put you in my will for the Win SA rebuild. [grin] Mac gets the 513T, LOL. He know's why I'm laughing...

I think that Win13 was picked up before I saw it. I had looked the day before and they had none on the table. Pretty good selection of rifles if anyone was hunting for something interesting. Too bad that H&R was a drill and not a rack grade.

What was up with the Winchesters that had the receiver roll marks punched in hard enough to dish in the receiver heel?

edit-

That Win / SA rebuild stock really looks like a beech wood grain pattern on the outside but on the inside it looks like walnut.

Last edited:
Winchester is cleaned and lubed up. Rear sight was loose as hell in the track and sight cover was worn where the rib contacts the ramp. Peened the track then lapped it free again. Was able to peen the sight cover rib inward a bit with an appropriate sized large, flat blade screwdriver and a block of soft wood. Seems to be GTG- should have a range report either early tomorrow evening or sometime this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom