• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP selling service grade Winchester m1 garands

Good chance the only Winchester part is the receiver. Still a good value if you want a "Winchester".

I am actually surprised they listed any Winchesters for general sales figure they would all just go to CMP auction and sell for 2x as much
current win on cmp auction
http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4017&n=M1-Garand-Field-quotWin-13quot-WRA-1630177
watch just how silly those with the money get... that model 60 will fetch more than its worth for sure.

Imsure all but a very few "valuable" win parts made it through

What the heck is so special about that auction Winchester that drove the sell price to $4700? Rust / pits in the bore, breech not in the white, muzzle and throat wear...

The current CMP deal is a good price & I'm sure they will sell relatively quickly. Those that are really into collecting can swap parts until it's 'correct'.

Last edited:
What the heck is so special about that auction Winchester that drove the sell price to $4700? Rust / pits in the bore, breech not in the white, muzzle and throat wear...

The current CMP deal is a good price & I'm sure they will sell relatively quickly. Those that are really into collecting can swap parts until it's 'correct'.

It's a win 13....

It's a win 13....

I still don't get it, but yeah- I'm a little thick.

So ~39,000 made, serial numbers were dupes of existing SA numbers, and 'Win-13' is stamped on the rifle. $4700? I could see that if there were a smaller number made and this particular rifle was in fantastic condition.

I still don't get it, but yeah- I'm a little thick.

So ~39,000 made, serial numbers were dupes of existing SA numbers, and 'Win-13' is stamped on the rifle. $4700? I could see that if there were a smaller number made and this particular rifle was in fantastic condition.

The garand collectors have deep pockets.

Tempting to send in an order just to see how the Win compares to my SA....

Just curious about luck of the draw, or expecting it to be different because Winchester? As mentioned above, the receiver will be Winchester- after that it's probably the usual CMP mix-master. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Winchester was the first producer of the M1s and suffered the issues of new production out side SA.
Also producing rifles under war time pressure.
My Winchester service grade was 80$ more way back when. It was rough in machine finish vs my SA and HRA.
As a collector if you want a win in your rack a CMP SG Win is about the cheapest you will get.
From my shooters view.... garand is garand and good wood and barrel trump manufacture type.
Rest assured cmp has been cherry picking the fvck out of these for years.

If I had 930$ kicking around I might have ordered one...

I don't have any room in my safe for another garand so I doubt I'll be ordering one. I'm not a collector so it's probably worth sticking with my SA.

I figured it would wait until CMP delivered to those lucky ones. I have only my matched Danish return Garand now; Tom has my Winny carbine.

t

I had one of each, no real difference other than the name and the front sight width. Both shot pretty much the same. The HRA I had seemed to be a lot more precise in its fit and finish though, a more refined Garand.

Thank you Northeastshooters Forum! :)

Winchester story, so far.

- Read that Winchester Garands available on Northeastshooters via TapiTalk Sat at 3:00 PM :)
- Filled out paperwork Sat 7:00 PM :)
- Found out no next day UPS or FEDEX after 6:00 on Sat nor Sunday PU's :(
- Send paperwork Monday afternoon next day UPS :(
- Paperwork arrived CMP Tuesday AM :(
- Found out that only one Winchester per customer on Wed AM :)
- Checked Estore today and discovered S/N 1308226 shipped due to arrive 7/13 by 10:30 AM :)

Waiting for the big white truck!

PS: Still showing Garands available online!

Last edited:
Got my WRA SG 1,308,XXX today. CMP wood. TE2, ME2. Danish 1957 barrel, and receiver with an electropenciled 1960 rebuild date. All remaining parts are SA production. Nice rifle.

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom