CMP 1911's

My theory is that he'll ok the sales, collect the money, store the buyer's info then round them up when he damn well pleases...

Be a few years before cmp gets them out IF they decide to take it on.
With the constant ..... "can't wait till rifles run out " rant from orest Michaels I'm doubtful the pistols will be sold like the M1 through mail order. I see them being auction items or special sales at cmp games?

Be a few years before cmp gets them out IF they decide to take it on.
With the constant ..... "can't wait till rifles run out " rant from orest Michaels I'm doubtful the pistols will be sold like the M1 through mail order. I see them being auction items or special sales at cmp games?

I hope so. I'm trying to buy a house/townhouse! I don't have the money for a 1911 right now!!!

He'll sign it as long as it doesn't get a ton of press. He isn't going to make a big fight over this, he only objection I've heard he has to the defense bill is it keeps GITMO.

On the CMP forum, someone who spoke with one of their staff was told that if this passes you can expect it to take 2 years prior to any being sold to the public.

On the CMP forum, someone who spoke with one of their staff was told that if this passes you can expect it to take 2 years prior to any being sold to the public.

Here's the info I'm referring to:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=1360312&postcount=55

That was posted before both houses agreed and sent it off to the Big "0" for signature or veto . . . which is today's status as I understand it.

Lots of speculation in that thread beyond that post as to what the price will be, guesstimates from $500 to >$1000 abound. Time will tell.

cue the freakout from Huffington Post et al

That had a piece in may about "100,000 untraceable guns hitting the streets" on this. They pay nothing to writers though, so they put up a million pieces.

i highly doubt he'll sign it with all the whining he's been doing about guns this year.

It's a minor thing in a huge bill. He signed the bill allowing carry in national parks a few years ago even though he didn't like it and bitched. Tag ons like this get signed all the time because it's too minor to fight over for a POTUS.

Didn't he block the import of a metric butt-ton of M1's on loan to Greece?

I think they are in south korea. Also that he can do by executive order aka signing a piece of paper. The next POTUS can undo it in seconds with a signature on a piece of paper.

I don't like 1911s, but I'll probably still buy one because history.

I hear they're clapped the **** out though. Several PD's got free 1911s from the same stash years back, and they all said the guns were beat. They weren't rearsenaled before storage.

Back
Top Bottom