Civilian defense against armored vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Ramming - an SUV or large truck colliding at speed into an armored vehicle like an MRAP will most likely damage the target and stun/injure the crew. It is similar to Soviet tactics against German tanks of ramming T-34's into Panzers as a last ditch effort.

Ramming a 2 1/2 ton SUV against a 14 ton MRAP? No thank you.

what no one has said a nagant with some surplus steel core stuff... it will get though anything that doesnt have actual 'armor plate'

Core isn't hardened, so no armor penetrating ability that any other 150gr 30 cal round

to be fair, it is an effective way to deal with an MRAP, as you would sleep through the resulting aftermath. Sort of like nodding off on a long car trip

Mexican food, very spicy Mexican food ... no way to resist it, no way to keep it in the carrier [rofl] I don't think that they would shoot a street vendor with mexican feast on a cart. Also add some rat poison. Rats don't like it.

Choke point at the most obvious avenue of approach, causing a single file bunch up if there is more than one vehicle, forcing them to back out which is difficult in an MRAP, or attempt a 3 point turn, even worse. Obstacle at choke point, pit, crater, moat, vehicle. Then you at least have standoff when they exit.

Hit it in the right spot and you will walk away.

MRAP both weighs a heck of a lot more than an ambulance and is also a lot stronger. The MRAP won't deform the way an ambulance will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Without explosives or anti-tank munitions, you aren't going to destroy one. Put a 2 1/2 ton vehicle into the side and I guarantee you will damage the wheels/tires/drivetrain, not to mention disrupt the crew inside. Do it with a semi-trailer or dump truck and you might even knock it over...

And yes, it is most likely a 1-way trip. That's war for you...

MRAP both weighs a heck of a lot more than an ambulance and is also a lot stronger. The MRAP won't deform the way an ambulance will.
The ambulance box remained intact. the real issue was rolling around the inside like a pair of sneakers in a washing machine.

Run and hide have your bug out weapons ready to go with a 36 hour bag.... in civil unrest with a large population of indigenous people they cannot round everyone up. They will allow some free movement, that is when you go back for the non essentials. If you are stuck and the "Bad Guys" are outside your door rolling in an MRAP. They will eventually have to exit.... just like the beginning scene in Saving private Ryan. when the troop transport boats dropped the front gate the Germans opened fire and killed 80% of the troops. Then again this was pre-Kevlar.... Hopefully there are no more then 10 "bad guys" because of the MA 10 round limit....... god bless the Pre-ban mag! Then it's viet kong Taliban style hit and run tactics.

Those 8mm rounds from an MG42 will most certainly penetrate kevlar. It is when you add a strong enough steel plate that they do not.

I was a scout in the army and one of our jobs was as screening forces for the army. One very obvious thing we were taught is so plentiful around here i am amazed it hasnt been mentioned yet: trees. They wont destroy an mrap but a couple large trees felled across a road is enough to stop/delay a 60 ton tank.

Also if using molotov cocktail you can use it to obscure the view but i would aim for the tires and engine compartment. Tires burn nicely and even though it has a halon system it only goes off once or twice, destroy a fuel line or coolant hose in the engine compartment and its done.

Fight fire with fire!

NESMOBILE_zpsb8d78244.png

Hit it in the right spot and you will walk away.

That rollover might be due to braking by the ambulance driver, I can't tell on this device if the brake lights are on or not. I can't tell the speeds, either.

But a good side hit at speed would be devastating to those inside.

Without explosives or anti-tank munitions, you aren't going to destroy one. Put a 2 1/2 ton vehicle into the side and I guarantee you will damage the wheels/tires/drivetrain, not to mention disrupt the crew inside. Do it with a semi-trailer or dump truck and you might even knock it over...

And yes, it is most likely a 1-way trip. That's war for you...

Let's talk physics...
If you're trying to push the MRAP sideways with your Suburban you're not going to have an easy time, but if you ram it at speed with your dodge pickup you will do very significant damage... depending on the MRAP's construction details of course, but you have pleeeenty of energy in a 4,000 pound vehicle traveling at 40 or 50 MPH in a side hit.

And it won't be as bad as hitting a brick wall at 40 or 50 for you, either. That MRAP is going to give quite a bit, and your truck will crumple, belts tighten, airbag deploy and you'll be ready for it with your arms crossed over your chest prior to impact, unlike those in the MRAP. You might still be able to fight.

Still, nobody ever said the intended outcome is your own survival. The intent is to kill/disable/slow the enemy, and one of the 8 million taking out an MRAP and maybe a few soldiers is a good deal. No?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some guys on the inter web who say run out the back door and engage them with 3 to 12 friends. Or call 3 to 12 friends to come and get them.

Sarcasm aside , I'm serious. Provided , you haven't run away already , and you've decided to fight. And the enemy isn't our heroic local law enforcement etc. ...

Swat teams train to put 10 guys into your little house by surprise at 3 am. They don't train to engage in street fights with light infantry.

I'm old fat and only have 3 legs , so I'm being all theoretical here of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom