Civilian defense against armored vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a much better grasp on the mindset of current enlisted personnel in the infantry than you do. You having a senior E9 as a family friend is significantly less relevant than than my actual experience. This isn't a knock on you, but having a friend in the military makes you less of a SME in the arena of what is on the mind of younger enlisted guys than someone in the middle of it.

Go on one of the many military boards and you'll find there is strong distrust in the gov and a pro-liberty push...

Peanut butter for cheese spread any day and every day... and crackers for wheat snack bread. I heard they nixed the omelet, I haven't seen one lately, but that isn't saying much since a lot of our MREs are from years ago.

Mike
On top of the fact that E9 s are so friggin far out of the loop of reality it's not funny. I watched an E9 hold up a patrol from breaking wire for almost 2 hours because several of his soldiers were wearing white socks. I BS you not. He didn't care that AWT was on station for the patrol, that informants had been used for time hacks etc. Nope. White socks. So anything you're hearing from an E9 that is a family friend is probably 87.9 percent BS. Rant over. Vaseline and molotovs require CLOSE proximity ie hand grenade range. If there is a crew served weapon system in the turret, forget it. Either have some sort of debris in the most likely path of ingress and/or a chokepoint for the MRAP or get out of dodge. If they want in, they're coming in.

I think I have a much better grasp on the mindset of current enlisted personnel in the infantry than you do. You having a senior E9 as a family friend is significantly less relevant than than my actual experience. This isn't a knock on you, but having a friend in the military makes you less of a SME in the arena of what is on the mind of younger enlisted guys than someone in the middle of it.

Go on one of the many military boards and you'll find there is strong distrust in the gov and a pro-liberty push...

Peanut butter for cheese spread any day and every day... and crackers for wheat snack bread. I heard they nixed the omelet, I haven't seen one lately, but that isn't saying much since a lot of our MREs are from years ago.

Mike
Who said family friend?

Are you really calling me out for my bona fides? You have 50 years of experience observing world events and seeing how things go? You even remember Katrina? For all I know you were 12 years old then if you have almost 6 years in service.

Look, I'll say it again, we all have our own opinions. Just because you think that being in your squad gives you a unique insight doesn't make it so. Is it so? I don't know. Could be. You might just be smarter than the founding fathers.

Don't be so damn sure of yourself lest you be the one up on charges as everyone else takes a step back. Lots of peeps talk a good game, then go and follow orders when SHTF.

I have a hypothesis on how humans will behave. That hypothesis is based on my experience and observation of what has happened in all of the situations that have occurred in my lifetime and before that I know about. Could I be wrong? Of course I could. I could be dead wrong and I'd be thrilled if that were the case. If I am, then we civilians can all turn in our arms now, they're not needed.

Don't want to derail this thread and perfectly willing to discuss this in another thread, but Saddam Hussein used the same gas on the Kurds in the north as he used on the Iranians... the same gas that American companies helped Iraq produce and the CIA provided intelligence on Iranian targets for. When he attacked the Kurds, it was after the US stoked the Kurds to rebel against Saddam and then abandoned them to their fate. Bottom line is that American foreign policy is hypocritical at the best and criminal at worst. We had no business being in Iraq...

I agree with you 100% on our policy and the support!
I personally never agreed with the invasion of Iraq
The issue I take is with the folks in congress that voted both sides to go to war there and now hide from their support through the illiteracy of current day man and woman voter.
Saddam was America's boy toy in Iraq until he wasn't and our gubberment gave him a long leash during that time!
Only a moron would think he invaded Kuwait when he did and we didn't know that was coming
The country was played in Iraq and is now being played in Afghanistan with a figure head that has the least of American interest or democracy at heart.

Last edited:
Who said family friend?

Are you really calling me out for my bona fides? You have 50 years of experience observing world events and seeing how things go? You even remember Katrina? For all I know you were 12 years old then if you have almost 6 years in service.

Look, I'll say it again, we all have our own opinions. Just because you think that being in your squad gives you a unique insight doesn't make it so. Is it so? I don't know. Could be. You might just be smarter than the founding fathers.

Don't be so damn sure of yourself lest you be the one up on charges as everyone else takes a step back. Lots of peeps talk a good game, then go and follow orders when SHTF.

I have a hypothesis on how humans will behave. That hypothesis is based on my experience and observation of what has happened in all of the situations that have occurred in my lifetime and before that I know about. Could I be wrong? Of course I could. I could be dead wrong and I'd be thrilled if that were the case. If I am, then we civilians can all turn in our arms now, they're not needed.

I think I have a much better idea of what the squad under my charge would do than you do.

I'm not questioning your world experience... I don't think the notion of a rogue government is ridiculous by any means. I'm watching our civil liberties erode in one fashion or another as we speak. That doesn't change the fact that you don't know everything... and that maybe even those younger than yourself who have been in a place or position you have not, and currently are not, are in fact much more likely to know more about that topic than you do.

Mike

Couple questions. If my optic fails, should I transition to BUIS or is it already to late and I just throw my rifle at them?

Also so should we carry concealed or open carry? Asking for a friend....

Is the penis contest over yet?

Yep. I've conclusively proven that mine's biggest. How dare you question my bonafides of being the expert measuring agent!!!!!

All grammatical, spelling, and informational errors are solely the fault of Tapatalk and Autocorrect. Pay no attention to the fat fingers mashing on the keyboard behind the curtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom