• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

changing gun trends

Makes total sense now. Thank you.

Substitute a P365 maybe for the "43x", and that might be my preference also.

They didn't come out of the hunting world. They came out of the long range precision rifle matches world. It is my impression that at long ranges they are more accurate.
Yep. On top of that, these cartridges have COMPLETELY displaced 308 as a long-range cartridge. 6.5CM is here to stay, with 6.5 PRC being the Magnum version of the CM so it will stick around as well

Do people still carry guns with *only* iron or night sights anymore? Seems the cool kids all have electronic optics now. Really helps when you suddenly get caught in a war zone and need to defend yourself from a bad guy from more than 30 feet away.

Do people still carry guns with *only* iron or night sights anymore? Seems the cool kids all have electronic optics now. Really helps when you suddenly get caught in a war zone and need to defend yourself from a bad guy from more than 30 feet away.
Even in Dorchester and Mattapan, I still carry with just irons. But then, I'm poor and my eyes don't naturally get along with holographic sights. I guess I'm gunna git kilt inna streets

I am not a cool kid.

If your eyes can still use iron sights, more power to you. If I was 20 years younger, I might still be using irons. But I’m not.

They both have advantages and disadvantages.

I am not a cool kid.
And I refuse to give up carrying my HK No Compromise P30/P30SK line. Most machine shops refuse to work on carving out a RMR plate on HK DA/SA guns cause too easy to mess it up. So uncool to not have a dot lol.

And I refuse to give up carrying my HK No Compromise P30/P30SK line. Most machine shops refuse to work on carving out a RMR plate on HK DA/SA guns cause too easy to mess it up. So uncool to not have a dot lol.

See? All those abbreviations in this post?

I don't even know what they mean...

[wave]

I don't plan on putting a red dot on a pistol. Doesn't bring me any benefit. Only adds to the bullshit between me and what I'm trying to accomplish.

I stick with my old stuff, other then my PS90 first gen… I really don’t see any improvement in firearms technology.

It’s hard to beat the classics..m16/ak47..1911, sig full size series p220 226 229

I am not a cool kid.
I wouldn’t mind trying them but I’m dropping cash elsewhere right now.

Irons are the best… Start low and work your way up…

I’d say the biggest trend in modern firearms right now is people posting photos of the rifle with their sites on backwards.

sell the guns get something appropriate

If your eyes can still use iron sights, more power to you. If I was 20 years younger, I might still be using irons. But I’m not.

They both have advantages and disadvantages.
I just put one blur in the middle of the other blur. Works reasonably well. I did put a Leupold Deltapoint micro on my M&P 9c. Still working on presentation to get quick acquisition of the dot in that tiny window. It does cut my slow fire groups in half, but I'm pretty sure I can point shoot with no sights and still hit a man-size torso at 25 yards. Will have to put that to the test next time I'm out.

I find the “precision rifle” trend most interesting. Advances in modernizing firearm manufacturing has lowered the bar of entry to significantly higher accuracy at a lower price and without custom work.

Companies like American Rifle Company or Defiance Machine (just to name my fav) have erased concepts like “blueprinting” actions and brought AR type modularity and at home assembly to the realm of high precision.

Adjacent to that concept is the precision .22 market. Premium high quality .22s bolt guns are now common place. No longer just views as novelties or toys within a manufactures lines there is serious efforts from companies like Tikka, CZ, Bergara, etc to bring to market accurate full featured rifles that fit the role of trainers or general range fun that isn’t an after thought strapped on to an aging platform intended for children. This has extended all the way out to premium offerings from companies like Vudoo Gun Works and their V-22.

lol competition represents like 5% of rifle sales in that class.

In the real world 308s still sell pretty well
Rifle sales? You mean some dank gun stores that don't stock anything but 308 and 22LR rifles? Or do you mean Massachusetts gun stores that sell rifles that cannot be used for hunting in the state at all!?

Meanwhile, the ORIGINAL point made was that 6.5 CM is sticking around due to dominance in PRS and NOT the 308 demise as a hunting cartridge.

Rifle sales? You mean some dank gun stores that don't stock anything but 308 and 22LR rifles? Or do you mean Massachusetts gun stores that sell rifles that cannot be used for hunting in the state at all!?

Meanwhile, the ORIGINAL point made was that 6.5 CM is sticking around due to dominance in PRS and NOT the 308 demise as a hunting cartridge.
6.5 is sticking around because it is a good entry level caliber with ammo that is easily obtainable. Componets to reload are also easily obtained. It's not sticking around because of dominance of competitions.

Only morons and poors shop at "dank" gun stores.

Back
Top Bottom