CCW Vest

I'm looking around for a low profile CCW vest. I've seen the photographers vest and the vest from 511 but I'd like one thats a little more low key. I'm looking for something that doesn't scream "I'm trying to conceal more hardware than a Navy seal would need". Ideally I'd like one that covers my strong side IWB @ 3:00 well but also has a cross draw inside. That would give me the option of moving my gun from the holster to a cross draw in the car/truck or carrying two guns at once. Does such a vest exist?

I've got a Carhartt jacket with two interior pockets. The pockets could fit a j-frame or a small semi-auto and a couple magazines or speedloaders. Its a thick enough jacket where printing wouldn't happen.

Carhartt-style and fleece vests work great in the fall, spring, and early winter.

"Tactical" [rolleyes] vests make you look like a geek to non-gun people and make you to everyone who carries a gun.

If you carry with a vest make sure you weight the opposite side of your gun to make it hang straight. Nothing shouts armed like a sagging on one side vest. Also be careful when you enter buildings or vehicles. The sound of 2 pounds of metal slapping a doorway is an attention getter. I've used a photog vest in the past with small semiauto on one side and spare mags on the other.

I dunno, unless as mike pointed out, your "vest" is an outdoor (read fleece), or windstopper material it's basically screaming gun to me. I try to use non firearms related companies for my outdoor concealment clothes.

Last edited:
Duluth Trading Vest

I've got one - well made, useful inside pockets, heavy enough that nothing prints. Cooler weather only, of course, and may not blend in everywhere. In Worthington, where Carhart is considered formal wear, it's invisible.

Back
Top Bottom