Carrying In A Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need a drooling smiley. [wink]

drif.gif

I think K-Dub has it right. If it comes down to it, you're not going to worry too much about whether someone catches a quick flash as opposed to an encounter going south really fast. Do what you have to to contain the sweather puppies, but I think that's going to be your last concern if you're in a situation where you have to draw.

There have been some good pic's in the Dillon catalog - Khar arms I believe in little black dresses, but of course not a full sized M&P.

This thread cannot end well... I can't wait!

In before the lock.

The OP had a legitimate question.

This thread wouldn't need to be locked if the high school-esque sh*t was kept to a minimum. They're boobs. We ladies all have them. Hopefully, you boys have all experienced at least a pair or two at some point in your lives. [wink]

Well, before the reduction T3andme could have put her 1911 and her S&W 40 in with the girls and no one would have been able to tell.[smile]

Told her what I wrote and she said she could have carried a Barret 50.

For the record [grin] I have a purse for carry for when I wear dresses or skits. Not my favorite way because I would much rather have it on person. I do remember Packingungal saying she had a belly band for carrying. I cant recall exactly what gun she was carrying. I usually have my 1911. Probably would need something smaller for a belly band to work, although I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
The OP had a legitimate question.

This thread wouldn't need to be locked if the high school-esque sh*t was kept to a minimum. They're boobs. We ladies all have them. Hopefully, you boys have all experienced at least a pair or two at some point in your lives. [wink]

I have my own.

I am gonna buy some blue pistols and have my wife host ladies night so there can be practice sessions. Naturally I will supervise.

I like the belly band idea, it should work well with dresses that are lower cut, or V-neck. I think I'll order one of those and see how it works.

Flashing someone some accidental boobage is kind of the least of my concerns should I need to draw.

Is this belly band ladies only or would it work for guys if they were in clothes like a sweat suit?

(I figure might as well learn something useful while gawking...[wink])

Purse carry?

Blitz should know. [wink]

When I first saw this thread title, the above two posts were literally the first thoughts that popped into my head. [laugh]

To the OP, I've seen bra holsters before that might work, depending on gun, manner of dress, etc.

There's some here, but they might be NSFW, so beware.

http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/womenandguns-ftopic2061.html

Is this belly band ladies only or would it work for guys if they were in clothes like a sweat suit?

Yes. I wear a Bellyband around the house in PJ's, while running, and friends have worn it while wearing a tux at a wedding. It's very versatile, the only issue is the holster & spare mag pouch are in fixed positions, which can be a pain depending on the cut of your shirt.

This sounds like a great excuse, no, a really good reason to start checking out j-frames, pps's, ppk's(cringe), and the like.
The belly band seems to be a good option. I dug around the net to see if anyone had innovated any other options for women in your situation... the same options kept coming up and the purse carry was the overall majority.

So, what was your solution for the night? I suppose you didn't have time to run out and buy a rig.

I like the belly band idea, it should work well with dresses that are lower cut, or V-neck. I think I'll order one of those and see how it works.

Flashing someone some accidental boobage is kind of the least of my concerns should I need to draw.

OK, No smart ass comments. This is a serious reply.

Once upon a time I corresponded with John Bianchi. If a gun could be concealed, John could do it. (See Blue steel and Gun Leather).

With mode of dress and body size (not talking breast size but it needs to be considered) there are some firearms that you will not be able to conceal. A full size M&P in a belly band holster may not work for you at all. Depending on body type and size,it could be the most uncomfortable rig you ever wore. By the time you access it in a dress, you could have been assaulted and robbed. If you have the time to access it, the deadly force issue is gone because you also had the time to get away.

You may be better considering a more concealable firearm on a thigh rig or take a good knife course.

For the type of body carry you are considering, also consider the KRAMER Undershirt

Sometimes in our daily lives, if just may not be practical to carry a full size firearm.

I have found holsters on bead chains to wear around the neck for some of the smaller handguns such as Seecamps, the LCP and the entire NAA line.

Many of us choose our daily wear with an eye towards how we would carry concealed. Does it make sense for a woman to choose a dress with the same thoughts rather than just shoose an outfit and then try to decide how to carry?

Just a thought.

I second smartcarry. If I can wear shorts and a polo shirt tucked in while carrying with smartcarry, you can use it under a dress.

(I figure might as well learn something useful while gawking...[wink])

I think they also make them for men. There was a table at the show yesterday against the back wall that had a number of them on there. At that time, there were all men looking at them.

I'm going out tonight to Boston to a party. We're going to have to park a ways a way and then walk to our destination. I'm wearing a dress, and I just realized that I have no idea how to conceal a gun under this thing and have it still be accessible.

I was downtown at a party, too, at the Boston Public Library. My company rented it out. Good food, great music, good friends. Where was your party located? (just being nosey).

I thought this thread would be closed by now.. I am going to look into the bellyband, or thigh holster.. The problem with the thigh holster is wind.. Quite often a woman's skirt will blow up a little when outside... hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom