Glocks in MA

I didn’t realize they came in .357 Sig. 😆

I've got a G31, .357Sig in essentially the same package as a G17.
Bought a Wilson 9mm conversion barrel for it, hung a TLR-1 on it, had the slide cut and mounted a Trijicon RMR on it. It's my EDC knapsack gun.
Periodically I put the stock barrel and recoil spring in it and shoot .357Sig. That's an interesting round.

I've got a G31, .357Sig in essentially the same package as a G17.
Bought a Wilson 9mm conversion barrel for it, hung a TLR-1 on it, had the slide cut and mounted a Trijicon RMR on it. It's my EDC knapsack gun.
Periodically I put the stock barrel and recoil spring in it and shoot .357Sig. That's an interesting round.
Wow really? Is the G31 100% solid with 9mm? The extractor behaves normally all the time?

I used to own a G32 but I sold it before I moved. Was a fun snappy gun

Wow really? Is the G31 100% solid with 9mm? The extractor behaves normally all the time?

I used to own a G32 but I sold it before I moved. Was a fun snappy gun
100 percent reliable with both 357sig and 9mm.
I have barrel/recoil spring set for each caliber.
And a note with the part numbers so that I don't mix them up :)

100 percent reliable with both 357sig and 9mm.
I have barrel/recoil spring set for each caliber.
And a note with the part numbers so that I don't mix them up :)
I have a g4 g22 with all three. 9,40, 357. 357 is just a drop in and needs no other changes, the 9 with the correct mags, and recoil spring has been pretty flawless as well.

Just keep it around for when ammo gets stupid scarce or something, I can easily change it up.

I've got 3 Glock 34s. What's "need" got to do with anything?
I can see 2 for one with irons and one with a red dot. How are your 3 different from each other if at all?

My G34 used to be run with irons but I mailed it out for a RMR cut years ago and now have an SRO on it which is quite nice.

I can see 2 for one with irons and one with a red dot. How are your 3 different from each other if at all?

My G34 used to be run with irons but I mailed it out for a RMR cut years ago and now have an SRO on it which is quite nice.
The first 34 that I purchased was a Gen 2.5 with iron sights. That was my primary competition gun for a long time. When I decided to try a red dot (well, an amber triangle as I got a Deltapoint Pro), I got a rear sight dovetail mount, and later a new slide for it.

Then sometime later I picked up a Gen 4 MOS and put an SRO on it. Not too much later, the Gen 5 came out and that has a flared magwell and a better trigger. The Gen 5 magwell is a good improvement, IMO. So I picked up a Gen 5 MOS and moved my SRO to it.

Consequently, the Gen 2.5 has been sitting in my safe for some time. I need to put the Deltapoint Pro back on it, get it sighted in and verify that it is all working, and then put it on consignment at the deli counter.

Last edited:
The first 34 that I purchased was a Gen 2.5 with iron sights. That was my primary competition gun for a long time. When I decided to try a red dot (well, an amber triangle as I got a Deltapoint Pro), I got a rear sight dovetail mount, and later a new slide for it.

Then sometime later I picked up a Gen 4 MOS and put an SRO on it. Not too much later, the Gen 5 came out and that has a flared magwell and a better trigger. The Gen 5 magwell is a good improvement, IMO. So I picked up a Gen 5 MOS and moved my SRO to it.

Consequently, the Gen 2.5 has been sitting in my safe for sometime. I need to put the Deltapoint Pro back on it, get it sighted in and verify that it is all working, and then take put it on consignment at the deli counter.
I should look into a Gen 5. Mine is a 3.

Consequently, the Gen 2.5 has been sitting in my safe for sometime. I need to put the Deltapoint Pro back on it, get it sighted in and verify that it is all working, and then take put it on consignment at the deli counter.
Same here "The first 34 that I purchased was a Gen 2.5 with iron sights. That was my primary competition gun for a long time."

I have a plastic case with foam cut to take my usual competition gun(s) to matches. It holds my primary comp gun - a Gen 4 G34 with Trijicon SRO, my backup comp gun - a Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon SRO, and iron sighted slides for each. The G34 has a cut slide, the G17 has an adapter. I did that deliberately because they're two different divisions in GSSF matches, Unlimited and MOS. They've both got Talon Wraps, aftermarket triggers and extended controls.

So, that's either two or three G34's depending upon how you want to count.

I've got a Gen 5 G34 MOS coming from Glock on a GSSF prize certificate; that should be in any day now. Going to put a C&H Comp optic on it, essentially a Trijicon SRO. Or move my SRO to it and put the C&H on the G17. Dunno, first world problems. Not sure if I'm going to like the grip after all these years shooting the Gen 4. I do have a Gen 5 G19 and a G44 and the lack of finger grooves on them isn't bothering me - so we'll see.

I don't know what I'm doing with the Gen 2.5 G34. It sits in the safe. It's importance to me is that it was my first Glock, and I never would have bought it except for Connecticut's "large capacity mag" bullshit. Same reason I started buying AR's.

And I've got another prize certificate that I have no idea what I'm going to do with. Maybe another G44 or G19? More first world problems.

See post 11 in this thread - I probably don't "need" another glock at the moment.
Uhh, what do you think you’re talking to your wife???
That shit don’t fly here, we all “need” another Glock. Ok, now, say it with me… “We all need another Glock”.
There, now don’t you feel better?

I paid (and I am pretty sure my memory is right) $600 for a G26 out of the NES classifieds over 11 years ago, new with 3 mags, etc. I had no clue what I was doing but I still have it and it’s a primary CCW, seriously never had a malfunction from the first shot with thousands of rounds. As I move to NH I thought about dumping it in MA but the thing does what it does and as @drgrant said, even a monkey could order parts and fix it. Long live the monkey 🙈 Glocks

If you have gen5, the glock performance trigger is a cheap upgrade that improves feel without dipping into the anodized trigger shoe faggotry world.
More like stepping on a hardshelled cockroach instead of the @Mountain mouse.
I think I've put a minus connector and Wolff springs in all of mine except the G20, only because I haven't bothered yet. A little polishing and those bits makes the trigger tolerable- barely. [rofl]

Why do people want glocks again? Terrible grip angle.
That grip angle is WHY I buy Glocks. Everything regardless of size or caliber will point the same, have the same ergonomics, same trigger, same manual of arms, etc. It's how I can seamlessly transition from a G17 competition gun with a red dot to a G43 pocket carry pistol. What I'm more confused by is how anyone can carry a 1911 one day, a P365 the next day, a j-frame the day after that, etc.

If you have gen5, the glock performance trigger is a cheap upgrade that improves feel without dipping into the anodized trigger shoe faggotry world.
More like stepping on a hardshelled cockroach instead of the @Mountain mouse.
Ben Stoeger said that he started to get failures to fire with Performance trigger after about 1,000 rounds. Apparently you have to keep it clean. So I wouldn’t put it in anything other than a range toy.

Ben Stoeger said that he started to get failures to fire with Performance trigger after about 1,000 rounds. Apparently you have to keep it clean. So I wouldn’t put it in anything other than a range toy.
Interesting. My primary Gen5.17 has about 2,500 rounds on it since I installed the GPT. No problems or issues, and haven't cleaned it since the install. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I cleaned the gun when I installed it. I sure hope it keeps running flawlessly because I'm not planning to clean this gun for another couple of years at least.

Interesting, I’ve got 2k+ through it already without cleaning the gun let alone the trigger.
It was designed for gen5 so I wonder if the issues are in previous gen guns.

I tried one and was not impressed. I’ll stick to the regular trigger.

I did try a Johnny Glocks trigger and I really liked it. It was pretty crisp.

Granted only 4-5 dry fires. But I’d probably buy one if I was still using a Glock for competition.

Back
Top Bottom