• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry Capacity Inadequacy Complex (CCIC)

When I bought the Shield, I actually wanted the 9MM version, but it was when they first came out, so they were hard to find. I put my name on wait lists for both calibers and the 40 came in first. If I had it to do all over again, I would have waited for the 9MM. That being said, I don't hate the 40 enough to get rid of it and the recoil is manageable with the rubberized grip tape I got for it.

I see. I guess it really comes down to how wide of a gun you want to lug around. the 26 is basically the same size as the shield just wider to accommodate the double stack. Its not bad to carry, I just prefer the slimer gun myself. Both shoot nicely

I carry a G19 all of the time. Stopped caring about printing a while ago. People are so oblivious that as long as a shirt is over it, no one cares. I also carry appendix though, as its generally not socially acceptable to stare at someones junk (except when I get together with the NES squad)... so its even less obvious. Is that a G19 in your pants, or are you happy to see me? Both.
Dis. I have embraced appendix carry recently - conceals really well with just a tshirt, very fast draw, and can't be beat while driving. Once in a while I'll still carry at 3 o'clock. For deeper concealment (e.g. work) I carry a snubnose .38 Special. No spare mags or speedloaders/speedstrips - I don't have the pockets space for those.

About people being oblivious - so true! I regularly OC around the house and my roommate has literally never noticed. Whoosh!

M&P 9c = double stack Shield.

Not sure what the problem is...

I already stated my main problem with the 9c. With the neutered mags, I would be carrying wasted space with the length of the grip. This is why I was considering the G26. The gun is a bit wider (which doesn't bother me,) but it's shorter on the grip than the Shield and 9c.

Spare mag and some rigorous reload practice. I personally like to carry a G19 with a spare mag for 31 total rounds. When I'm in a light t-shirt or something and I have to carry a sub compact I go with the LC9s with a spare mag for 15 total rounds. I'd call that about the minimum amount of fight I feel comfortable with.

Make sure you practice reloads until you can't fumble them or screw it up anymore. I'd say at least 200 live fire repetitions before you're going to be highly proficient.

I carry a G19 all of the time. Stopped caring about printing a while ago. People are so oblivious that as long as a shirt is over it, no one cares. I also carry appendix though, as its generally not socially acceptable to stare at someones junk (except when I get together with the NES squad)... so its even less obvious. Is that a G19 in your pants, or are you happy to see me? Both.

Dis. I have embraced appendix carry recently - conceals really well with just a tshirt, very fast draw, and can't be beat while driving. Once in a while I'll still carry at 3 o'clock. For deeper concealment (e.g. work) I carry a snubnose .38 Special. No spare mags or speedloaders/speedstrips - I don't have the pockets space for those.

About people being oblivious - so true! I regularly OC around the house and my roommate has literally never noticed. Whoosh!

I agree completely re the G19 and printing. Although I sometimes carry the 26 for driving comfort. I may stick a G19 mag in it then.

Re Appendix carry. I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't want to start a discussion on that. But to each his own.

I agree completely re the G19 and printing. Although I sometimes carry the 26 for driving comfort. I may stick a G19 mag in it then.

Re Appendix carry. I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't want to start a discussion on that. But to each his own.

I bounce back and forth between AIWB and 3 O'Clock IWB. I just tell people pros and cons of methods, and let them make up their mind.

Yup. I can't relax with the muzzle pressed up against my femoral artery when I'm sitting. Irrational or not. Its just me. As long as you reholster properly, its perfectly safe. I fully accept that my emotional response is irrational.

Yup. I can't relax with the muzzle pressed up against my femoral artery when I'm sitting. Irrational or not. Its just me. As long as you reholster properly, its perfectly safe. I fully accept that my emotional response is irrational.

I would carry AIWB but having a gut makes that difficult to pull off.

What about the seat belt while carrying appendix?
I get in and put my seatbelt on like always. Then I untuck the bottom of my shirt from under the seatbelt and leave it on top. Still easy to get out because the belt isn't behind the gun; to draw, just pull the loose shirt up to expose the gun.

In the car it gets moved to the cup holder closest to me with an aegis trigger guard secured to the center console. Trigger gets securely covered and gun can't fall out to the floor, but a yank straight up anymore than 3-4" and its unholstered and ready. Granted if I were to get pulled over it would get put in the compartment in the center console.

Back
Top Bottom