• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carpool for Boston State House rally

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Have a vehicle you are willing to drive in and have room for others?

Post here your town of departure and how many you can carry.

Looking for a carpool? Post your town and we will se if we can hook you up.

ETAFULL

Last edited:
I will be driving from Newton/Wellesley line. I have room for 5. You can park on the street in my neighborhood and ride with me or I can pick you up in Newton, Brookline, or Brighton. PM for details.

I live in Hanover. I own a full sized Ram van, but can only take two others. I plan on leaving about 10.30 to get to the Braintree T staition. If anyone wants to go with me, contact me here, via the NES forum.

Parking under the common used to be something like $10 on weekends at last check. Might be worthwhile for the carpoolers.

If someone has a van or large SUV to take a group in. I will denote $20 towards your gas. I just had surgery and cannot attend, but want to do my part.PM me here.

There is no free or metered parking along the Boston Common or Beacon Hill ?

I remember parking on Beacon Hill years ago when I visited that Cheers bar.

i had something that canceled so i can go but probably won't have a sign, im leaving from great barrington western mass have room for 3 plus youre signs can go in the trunk

There is no free or metered parking along the Boston Common or Beacon Hill ?

I remember parking on Beacon Hill years ago when I visited that Cheers bar.

There is metered parking. Most have the new sticker type teller machines. Like I posted above, your best bet is to circle the Boston Gardens (next to the commons, where they have the swan boats in summer). The Commons only has parking on Beacon St., and the traffic going up and around the Commons is awful. Some of the cross streets between Boylston and Stuart area also good places to look for parking.

Some of the mall garages offer good discounts too if you buy something, but I'm not up-to-date on those offers.

i had something that canceled so i can go but probably won't have a sign, im leaving from great barrington western mass have room for 3 plus youre signs can go in the trunk

I'm trying to arrange a carpool for a few guys from Western MA. I've got 2 yes (including me) plus 3 maybes. We should at least meet up and distribute people if we can't all fit in one vehicle. Check for PM.

got room for a bunch of peeps

free-candy-van.jpg

a bit late to the game, is there a link to the rally organization? I am on the T and can add mass to the rally, provided its for the right causes. I like to be educated about these things before I join them.

EDIT - I am slow today. found it. Disregard/delete this post.

I will be leaving from Barre, around 11:00. Working Friday night until 7 AM Sat. so I need a few hours of sleep first. But I plan on being there.

I will be leaving from Barre, around 11:00. Working Friday night until 7 AM Sat. so I need a few hours of sleep first. But I plan on being there.

did you read the whole thread? I think someone else is coming from that area. Maybe you could get a ride and sleep on the way in?

Driving from Burlington/Hanscom AFB area. Will not be concealing because I will be parking at the CG base on the north end where I work. I do have room for possibly 2 more BUT I drive a 2011 camaro so one person will have to cram in the back. Small seats back there.

I'll be at the Braintree station around 11am... plenty of room on the trains, feel free to join! [smile]

PM me if you want to meet up. We can talk about guns on the train, and scare all the moonbats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom