Carpool for Boston State House rally

I'm taking the T. I hate Boston to start with, adding tolls, crappy parking and traffic will push me over the edge before I even get to the State House. Riverside is usually the stop but I'm going to see what the Worcester schedule is.

I will be leaving from Franklin County area willing to pick anyone up (with thier signs) around 9 am to Alewife. I have to get home in time to get to work for 10 pm. I have 3 seats, split parking costs. PM if you are interested

I'll be at the Braintree station around 11am... plenty of room on the trains, feel free to join! [smile]

PM me if you want to meet up. We can talk about guns on the train, and scare all the moonbats.

Bump for the braintree train.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I thought I'd post this for those who don't know Boston well. For those of you taking the T, you will want to take the Green Line to Park Street Station. If you are taking the Commuter Rail into North Station you can get on the Green Line there and you only have to go 3 stops to get to Park Street.

Last edited:
I'm catching the Fitchburg Commuter Rail at 9:25AM, gets to Boston (North Station) at appx 11AM - but it's the Commuter Rail so who can say for sure.

North Station is only 1/2 Mile from the State House - I'm walking it.

I'll have my protest sign on a 2x2' piece of cardboard - come on over and say hi.

I've still got a couple of open seats in my SUV heading into Boston from the carpool lot across from the Rockland Home Depot if anybody needs a ride. No cost to you, just a little bit of walking involved once we park. PM if interested.

I'd like to either hitch a ride and pay for parking, or pick up anyone else.

I can fit three in my Jeep. Or if someone from the norwood/walpole/dedham area is heading in that has a seat, I'd love to hitch along and pay for parking. Send me a PM! I'll update this if I get/give a ride.

I'm heading up from the Bridgewater area, was planning on parking at Braintree Station and taking the red line. Will be leaving around 10:30 am. I can take 3 if anyone needs a ride. PM me.

Anyone know if CC is prohibited on commuter or subway? Are they safe-as-can-be gun free zones? I will be taking the train in from Haverhill.
Sorry to Hijack, but I have a question too.
Any issues with CC at the rally? Does MA have a law stating you can't exercise your 2A, while exercising your 1A? Any issue with the property we will be rallying on, and carry of firearms?

- - - Updated - - -

I am coming from the Northshore, parking at my company in Boston for free, and taking the T (red line) over to the Rally. If anyone would like to jump in, let me know. (Saugus, Lynn, Malden, Melrose, Peabody, etc)

Sorry to Hijack, but I have a question too.
Any issues with CC at the rally? Does MA have a law stating you can't exercise your 2A, while exercising your 1A? Any issue with the property we will be rallying on, and carry of firearms?

Apparently by city ordinance you can not carry a firearm in a city park, which includes the Boston Common. If you are on the sidewalk outside the common, you are OK. There is language in the ordinance that exempts "boundary roads".

So, you can carry, but stay out of the Common.

Gonna be heading out from Greenfield along route 2, gonna be me and my son. Got a mini van with 4 empty seats. Any takers PM me.

Heading in from 190 area if anyone is in need of a lift or just meet up was planning to head to T@Riverside will be driving by 140 near Worcester Pistol and Rifle.

Ok - so I thought had a ride with Dongalong (I really hope he doesn't expect to be called that in person) but - if anyone needs a ride and doesn't have one contact me and let's see if we can work it out.

The plan at the moment is to commute from Billerica to Alewife, and take the T into town. I plan on being at the State house just before 12 and leaving around 2pm.

Anyone going in through riverside? Would like to hook up with some good people. If anyone still needs a lift I'll be heading in via 190-290-495

Back
Top Bottom