• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cape Cod man shoots pit bull that was biting him. Guns confiscated.

*Would* the law-abiding gun owner be within his rights to deny the police officers' attempts to confiscate his guns? Is it valid to ask "What law did I break?" and otherwise inquire as to their probable cause for the taking?

I'm in NC now, and I imagine my laws are different from the Commonwealth's, but damn....

*Would* the law-abiding gun owner be within his rights to deny the police officers' attempts to confiscate his guns? Is it valid to ask "What law did I break?" and otherwise inquire as to their probable cause for the taking?

I'm in NC now, and I imagine my laws are different from the Commonwealth's, but damn....

Drive yourself to the e.r. ,say nothing except dog bite.

It appears as if they only took the gun that was fired at the dog.

If the home owner shot a burglar - the police will take the gun that was fired as well.

If he had any other guns, they were not taken, right?

He also did not lose his LTC.

He can just go buy another gun.

I know the police are not always fair but I think this is SOP.

It appears as if they only took the gun that was fired at the dog.

If the home owner shot a burglar - the police will take the gun that was fired as well.

If he had any other guns, they were not taken, right?

He also did not lose his LTC.

He can just go buy another gun.

I know the police are not always fair but I think this is SOP.

No they took his 9mm, a shotgun, and ammo. If they didn't take his LTC, and he could just go out and buy anything else he wanted, what was the point of confiscating the ones they did?

Maybe the stuff was still out and they took it for the duration of his hospitalization? Didn't someone else link something that said it was for safe keeping?

Mike

Fostering a pitbull and it hangs out on your bed. What can go wrong?
heVrjpp.jpg

I would have been on the phone with my lawyer before the cops left.

WTF is wrong with cops on the cape? It's like they are a special kind of stupid.

There has to be more to the story. Like when the cops were there they noticed guns laying around? The story said the cops "later confiscated"... So they came back?
Just trying to wrap my head around the timeline and how things took place.
1. Kid was engaged in "fostering" someone's pitbull. Whatever the hell that means. But apparently, in some peoples minds that means having a strange dog in bed with you and your girlfriend.
2. Kid shoots dog. A 911 call is placed.
3. Kid is taken to the hospital, is treated for acute stupidity and released.
4. Animal control arrives to take dead dog.
5. Cops arrive to take guns "for safe keeping"
6. Two agencies deem it necessary to spend thousands of dollars to figure out what is going on....
Yarmouth police detectives with support from the Barnstable County Sheriff’s Crime Scene Unit have opened an investigation into the incident.

There has to be more going on they we have been told. [thinking]

1. Kid was engaged in "fostering" someone's pitbull. Whatever the hell that means. But apparently, in some peoples minds that means having a strange dog in bed with you and your girlfriend.
People keep animals in there homes waiting to be adopted instead of being left in a shelter. That's what I get from it.

Is The Village Vault offering a bounty for any gun brought in for any reason? Pickup charged by the hour and mile?

Remeber this is the same media that invented “full semi-auto”. I can only imagine what they are calling “seized”. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about the PD. Although history shows they can both suck.

Reading comprehension fail:

Police later seized the handgun, along with a shotgun and ammunition.
That is crazy.

I heard of cops seizing a home owners only gun after a home invasion leaving him defenseless.
People were mad about that because the invaders were due back to kill him off.

What reason did the cops give for taking the rest of his guns???

What if he was a collector and had tens of thousands in valuable guns and ammo?

Would they just make him open his safes and throw it all into the trunk of a cruiser?

That sort of thing could happen in a domestic but for killing a violent pit bull????

Back
Top Bottom